Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Originally Posted by travelbug
Well, we have finally decided to ring the agent back to see if that guy's low offer is still on the table...and if it is we will accept it.

Lorna is right - we only live once and all this stress over money is just not worth it in the end....

Will let you know what happens!
Once you have decided just to do it I'm sure you will feel better i do.
I have been so worried over lack of money but feel much better now we are just going to give it our best shot.
You see on the news everyday about so many people who have lost thier homes and job through no fault of thier own. At least we are giving something new a go who knows what will happen in the future.
I dont want to regret not going for the rest of my life for the sake of 10k
Lorna
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

pamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura about

Hi there The guy was part of a consortium and that was his "final" offer apparently. Anyway, my OH has just rung me back - the agent got hold of the guy but he's on holiday till next friday....he remembers our property (had put in offers on quite a few), and will ring the agent next week when he's back....In the meantime we've given the agent the go-ahead to knock another £5000off our current asking price...we'll see if that generates anymore interest...

such fun this house selling business isn't it!
Hold in there, there certainly seem to be more people viewing now.

Also, I suggest to all of you waiting for that buyer to keep hounding your EA and ensure that you get all the feedback from viewers. We got another EA around to give us an up-to-date valuation, this got back to our EA (they are all in cahoots with each other) and soon after we got an offer (but this could have been a coincidence?)

Last edited by pamjames; Feb 25th 2009 at 10:16 am.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

pamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Once you have decided just to do it I'm sure you will feel better i do.
I have been so worried over lack of money but feel much better now we are just going to give it our best shot.
You see on the news everyday about so many people who have lost thier homes and job through no fault of thier own. At least we are giving something new a go who knows what will happen in the future.
I dont want to regret not going for the rest of my life for the sake of 10k
Lorna
I agree - life is too short and we all want to get to Oz and start afresh asap.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

LORNA great news!!! i so got everything crossed for you!!!!!!

oh boy, we've only been with this new EA since friday and we are already fed up :curse: - there is just no communication
had a message on machine when i came home today at 2pm that EA had someone to view our house for today at 5pm - yeah right!
so i called back and left there a message (apparantly our guy was out showing people around) to call me back. 4pm still nothing ... - so i called again. our guy is still not in the office. so i talked to a different one and said i can't do today but anytime tmrw is fine. he will pass it on ....
came 5.40pm our guy finally called and said 'i am with the client and we drove past your property and he said it wasn't for him anyways' - ehm HELLO!!!! and you were going to tell us WHEN?!?!?:curse: - i mean, what if i had cleaned and tidied and sat there waiting and waiting .... dang them!!!!!

now deeeeeep breathe

re what to accept: we talked it through and have a minimum minimum price which we haven't told anyone! that includes packing everything up here, paying everything off and 6 months rent in oz plus a very very slim pillow...

we'll be sending cv's out now to see if there is any interest from companies in OH's skills - wish us luck!!!
because if we at least have a job to go to we might consider taking a bit less money iykwim
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Well, we have finally decided to ring the agent back to see if that guy's low offer is still on the table...and if it is we will accept it.

Lorna is right - we only live once and all this stress over money is just not worth it in the end....

Will let you know what happens!
Oh I hope it all works out for you . What a relief to have made the decision though. Also dropping your price £5k too may get some more peeps through the door, fingers crossed. Yay, things are starting to move - I'm getting a good feeling - I'm sure something will happen to change that .

Pops xxx
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by pamjames
I'm afraid there is no guarantee about holding the offer price, only when the contracts have been exchanged can you relax a bit. The problem is that there are some unscrupulous people out there who will leave it 'til the exchange day and say they want it for less, so after the survey and searches have been done, a month or more has passed and you have to decide whether to drop more or say 'stuff you' and start again. (This time we have insisted that our EA still sends viewers to us and if anyone is interested they go on a waiting list if our sale falls apart)
Thanks

We have decided that if the house sells the for sale board will remain up until contracts exchange. Not to allow gazumping , just to ensure that we don't put all our hopes and dreams in the hands of one set of buyers - it's a long time to get to the point of exchange and if the buyer pulls out or gazunders then that is precious time lost. We don;t even have a visa . Our meds and PCC's went at the end of Jan and we are waiting so it doesn't feel like we need to rush, although in reality we do as we want to leave at the end of this year! Here's hoping that happens. It definately feels like things are starting to move and I really hope to see lots of positive posts on here over the coming months.

Pops xxx
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Being a bit cynical, haveing recently sold in the UK, if you lower your price by only £5k, then you will get lower offers by £5k than you would have had before. It is such a small cut in the scheme of things that I'm not sure it will interest many more potential buyers than before.

Having said that, best of luck selling it.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mOZzy

oh boy, we've only been with this new EA since friday and we are already fed up :curse: - there is just no communication
had a message on machine when i came home today at 2pm that EA had someone to view our house for today at 5pm - yeah right!
so i called back and left there a message (apparantly our guy was out showing people around) to call me back. 4pm still nothing ... - so i called again. our guy is still not in the office. so i talked to a different one and said i can't do today but anytime tmrw is fine. he will pass it on ....
came 5.40pm our guy finally called and said 'i am with the client and we drove past your property and he said it wasn't for him anyways' - ehm HELLO!!!! and you were going to tell us WHEN?!?!?:curse: - i mean, what if i had cleaned and tidied and sat there waiting and waiting .... dang them!!!!!

now deeeeeep breathe

re what to accept: we talked it through and have a minimum minimum price which we haven't told anyone! that includes packing everything up here, paying everything off and 6 months rent in oz plus a very very slim pillow...

we'll be sending cv's out now to see if there is any interest from companies in OH's skills - wish us luck!!!
because if we at least have a job to go to we might consider taking a bit less money iykwim

:curse: i feel angry for you! I just cannot understand how all these estate agents carry on operating when many in my opinion are very unprofessional - both in the way they handle their own sales and their office staff in general. If we dealt with clients like that where i worked we'd be out of the door!
What annoys me is that we are the ones that would be paying their wages, but they treat the buyers soooo much better than the sellers.

We too have a minimum amount that we're prepared to go to - likewise for us it would leave our shipping/flights/rental money - alongwith a (getting) smaller deposit on a property in Oz should we be in a position to buy at some point...

Good luck with the job hunt. I hope you hear back from some of the companies soon.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Oh I hope it all works out for you . What a relief to have made the decision though. Also dropping your price £5k too may get some more peeps through the door, fingers crossed. Yay, things are starting to move - I'm getting a good feeling - I'm sure something will happen to change that .

Pops xxx
ah thanks Pops. same wishes sent to you as well... The agent did say - why dont you drop to the figure you've just said you're prepared to accept, but from our point of view if someone wants to make an offer on our current asking price we're open to it - we're now £40,000 under what we were asking for last year - and if that guy comes back next week and is still interested - his offer will mean that we're £50,000 under....
I know people will offer under the asking price anyway - so dont want to give them ammunition to go well under by marketing well under our current value..
We are currently advertising our house for much less than similar properties in the area...so SOMEONE has to see the bargain
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Being a bit cynical, haveing recently sold in the UK, if you lower your price by only £5k, then you will get lower offers by £5k than you would have had before. It is such a small cut in the scheme of things that I'm not sure it will interest many more potential buyers than before.

Having said that, best of luck selling it.
Hi there, i've just kind of answered this with my reply to Pops...
It's not the only amount we've lowered by - just this particular time. Our house is now up for over £40,000 less than it was last year.
I think no matter what you advertise it at - people at the moment are going to offer way under if they can get away with it.
thanks for the good luck wishes....
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pamjames
Hold in there, there certainly seem to be more people viewing now.

Also, I suggest to all of you waiting for that buyer to keep hounding your EA and ensure that you get all the feedback from viewers. We got another EA around to give us an up-to-date valuation, this got back to our EA (they are all in cahoots with each other) and soon after we got an offer (but this could have been a coincidence?)
You are so right about them being in cahoots with each other... we've had prime examples of that ourselves!
That's a good idea about getting another agent in for a valuation....
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

ah thanks Pops. same wishes sent to you as well... The agent did say - why dont you drop to the figure you've just said you're prepared to accept, but from our point of view if someone wants to make an offer on our current asking price we're open to it - we're now £40,000 under what we were asking for last year - and if that guy comes back next week and is still interested - his offer will mean that we're £50,000 under....
I know people will offer under the asking price anyway - so dont want to give them ammunition to go well under by marketing well under our current value..
We are currently advertising our house for much less than similar properties in the area...so SOMEONE has to see the bargain
We were in this quandary. We decided that the price advertised would be the lowest we would accept and wouldn't accept offers (after dropping 55k since last year) but still people were offering us 10k less, so we ran it past the agent and said to put it up another 5k, so that we would accept an offer, but she said no way!! but as it happened soon after we had someone offer 3k less (plus some furniture) and we said we would meet them half way which they accepted.

It is so difficult to gauge this market and the people viewing, it seems to be a bit down to luck but it does sound that there are some unprofessional EAs out there, which must be very frustrating.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mOZzy

now deeeeeep breathe

this sounds like our EA (Con***ls)
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

You are so right about them being in cahoots with each other... we've had prime examples of that ourselves!
That's a good idea about getting another agent in for a valuation....
Hi Travelbag hope your agent isn't the same as the one we used in Hornchurch starts with a B and they are all B's that work there

Funny everytime I see your photo I keep thinking I know that face Hope things pick up for you and the buyer comes back xxx. A bit of advice save you writing loads of post click on the icon on the bottom right (look like pages) of the posts you want to quote
then when you have click on them all click reply and put your quotes just under their post saves you lots of posting hun xxx
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Hi Travelbag hope your agent isn't the same as the one we used in Hornchurch starts with a B and they are all B's that work there

Funny everytime I see your photo I keep thinking I know that face Hope things pick up for you and the buyer comes back xxx. A bit of advice save you writing loads of post click on the icon on the bottom right (look like pages) of the posts you want to quote
then when you have click on them all click reply and put your quotes just under their post saves you lots of posting hun xxx
it does start with a B but i think you might be referring to the other B agent that we used previously starting to think they might be just as bad though...

You never know - you might know me - or have seen me out and about in Hornchurch. All my socialising with friends is done in the pubs and restaurants in Hornchurch (no comparison to Romford where choice of places to eat are concerned). I think there's a better pic of me on my photo gallery.... Not sure whether i should be worried incase you know me now
I still dont get that multi-quoting bit. Not sure what bit you mean to click on!

i just thought actually - have you ever gone to the expat meetup's? we did go to one at the Halfway House about 18 months ago.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.