Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Default Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

I EXCHANGED CONTRACTS YESTERDAY, COMPLETION DATE ON THURSDAY!!!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Tomski Tribe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Congratulations!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

ellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Congratulations Sunflower7!!
Our sale is going very slowly...patience is a virtue
Old Nov 9th 2008, 4:22 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Congratulations We have got the estate agents coming tomorrow.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Thanks, here with you guys was the first place I wanted to share my news with as w're all in the same boat, and everyone has been going through the motions and emotions for so long! Will loose my internet connection for a couple of weeks as I'm now going to stay with my brother until Feb when I fly to Oz (oooh it feels that one step closer now ) Hoping he lets virgin dig up his blockpaved drive for the cable ...can't live without phone and internet
Good luck everyone
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, here with you guys was the first place I wanted to share my news with as w're all in the same boat, and everyone has been going through the motions and emotions for so long! Will loose my internet connection for a couple of weeks as I'm now going to stay with my brother until Feb when I fly to Oz (oooh it feels that one step closer now ) Hoping he lets virgin dig up his blockpaved drive for the cable ...can't live without phone and internet
Good luck everyone
WELL DONE & GOOD LUCK
Go and find an internet cafe!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Congratulations sunflower and all the best for the future.

Its so good to hear good news lets you have brought this thread good luck.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by eddie007
My house wont sell now.... I just KNEW it would sell when the thread reached 20,000 posts...

meh
....and on a serious note......
Been there, whinged about it...lost a packet, sulked and moaned about it...but even after a "loss" of £45k on valuation, lost another £4000 on selling a Volvo S40 for cash.....
Me and OH have been in Oz 17 days so far....admittedly within hours of landing I went down with flu, hacking cough and feeling like s**t for 14 days!...we are just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo happy to be here!
At last I can have another egg and bacon pie. I can look forward to a nice quiet drive and the open roads, where we are kept amused as I sit in the middle lane with Mad Max coming up the inside in a smoking Holden and in the outside lane, Mad Max 2 is about clip the front bumper as he/she cuts me up big time.
But hey....... yer just have to luv the place and settle down to TV..where you can watch last years BBC , Corry and ITV gems mingled with the very worst of the USA cable channels.
BUT you do get all the Premiership games!!!!!!

Tomorrow we attend driving classes to learn how to stare up front and not flinch or turn around when we carve somebody up and finally to get accepted as real Aussies, we are going to throw all our shoes in the bin and buy some crap T shirts and shorts.
Its great being here

Last edited by mi5agent; Nov 15th 2008 at 11:29 am.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Well done sunflower we have exchanged too

At last no more being in limbo land just got to find a rental which is a bloody nightmare But at least OH will be back here to Adelaide next week

Good luck everyone still trying to sell dont give up hope
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, and CONGRATULATIONS TO STEVE&TINA
I moved into my brothers, worked a set of nights then had the perfect ending by going away to soak up the sun for a few days. Internet and phone line is now installed, so all is good. Just finances, job contracts, flights accommodation and shipping to sort out now. phew!
This thread seems quiet at the moment. How is everyone getting on?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tomski Tribe is an unknown quantity at this point

Still on the market, still lots of viewings, still not sold...we have the interest it's just that people either can't borrow enough money or can't get a buyer for their house!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

pamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tomski Tribe
Still on the market, still lots of viewings, still not sold...we have the interest it's just that people either can't borrow enough money or can't get a buyer for their house!
Snap! We seem to be in the same boat. We have 3 couples who say they want our house but they haven't sold their houses yet.

We looked into renting our house but abandoned that idea because we will still have to sell it sometime and I can't be worrying about it over in Oz and also we need the house sale money to buy when we arrive.

We have now dropped another 20k (55k down from starting price in April) as we are getting desperate. Just hope that the house prices start falling in Oz too!!

Can't see much more happening before Christmas - roll on 2009 (we seem to be wishing our lives away!)
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pamjames
Snap! We seem to be in the same boat. We have 3 couples who say they want our house but they haven't sold their houses yet.

We looked into renting our house but abandoned that idea because we will still have to sell it sometime and I can't be worrying about it over in Oz and also we need the house sale money to buy when we arrive.

We have now dropped another 20k (55k down from starting price in April) as we are getting desperate. Just hope that the house prices start falling in Oz too!!

Can't see much more happening before Christmas - roll on 2009 (we seem to be wishing our lives away!)
We are renting ours out, have been on the market since October last year and still nothing - one offer who hadnt sold theirs.

Have a couple who want a long term let, we have to get going as have just over a year left on our visa and our son is 14 and is starting to get too attached to his mates here, getting into hanging about at night with them and I dont want that, so unfortunately we have had to bite the bullet and rent it. Have a small nest egg to take but not enough to buy a house, as all our money is tied up in the house here but we have some lovely friends with a huge house who have offered to put us up for the first few months till we find out feet and then we will have to rent. Not ideal but time is ticking away and my oldest son wants to come now so want to strike while the irons hot.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Sunflower!!

Great to hear from you Johull. I'm glad you are moving on and your oldest son will be coming with you.

Comiserations with everyone else - we have been on the market 18 months and have dropped £195K - I know where you are coming from.

Sorry I haven't posted for a long time - we have been going through our own personal hell with our buyer who seems to have had endless mortgage problems. However - everything crossed - touch wood - etc we should be exchanging soon. The problems seem to have been resolved. I hope that by posting on here it brings us good luck as not posting on here doesn't seem to have helped.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.