Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Bushman
Somme....Hows it going?
It is all a bit manic
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:00 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Mine came back this morning! I felt bad because I shouted at my OH and accused him of tampering with my bingly beep system!

Originally Posted by somme
Mine quotes me £150 more than I am paying, when I raised this he agreed to do this at the same price as was quoted as they are so quiet, worth raing the question.

ok guys i just rang them and said i wasnt happy at paying the additional fee as we contracted them on the basis it was going to be a certain price, and that if i knew it was going to more i could have contracted a local conveyancer cheaper. said that shed have to speak to her team leader............................................ ....

just rang back and they will do it for original quote thanks guys you're the best
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

jenandjames is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by want2bthere
whinging is compulsary on here so let yourself go welcome and good luck trying to sell.
Thanks, glad I can moan. Just gets you down otherwise.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

ok guys i just rang them and said i wasnt happy at paying the additional fee as we contracted them on the basis it was going to be a certain price, and that if i knew it was going to more i could have contracted a local conveyancer cheaper. said that shed have to speak to her team leader............................................ ....

Worth the phone call then

just rang back and they will do it for original quote thanks guys you're the best
Worth the phone call then
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

hi all. we have finally mad it to oz. [3 days ago] never been before and its blew the wife kids and me away. we are stopping with cranni and her hubby dave. they have been fantastic. we would have had real problems if they werent here to support us. very special people.
oh yeah, we had an email today saying we have a cash buyer for our house which we left to sell.
so its all good in cricklewood.
sorry had a few beers.
tony
live the dream
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jenandjames
Welcome this thread should have a health warning as it can be addicted

You do make loads of freinds on here though and we are all really supportive
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tony s
hi all. we have finally mad it to oz. [3 days ago] never been before and its blew the wife kids and me away. we are stopping with cranni and her hubby dave. they have been fantastic. we would have had real problems if they werent here to support us. very special people.
oh yeah, we had an email today saying we have a cash buyer for our house which we left to sell.
sorry had a few beers.
tony
live the dream
Glad you are enjoying it keep the posative posts coming, glad you kept on topic Enjoy keep us posted on the house
Old Oct 15th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well more drawers gone through, and no one has been on here, Uou all must have been busy this afternoon
Old Oct 15th 2007, 4:30 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Well more drawers gone through, and no one has been on here, Uou all must have been busy this afternoon
Busy bees!!
Been trying to find out how/where to dispose of old duvets....
Was surprised that the answer i got from my local council was to put them in my wheelie bin!!!!!!!!! Theres me worrying about how to recycle.................!!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

It is all a bit manic
That's good - keep your mind off everything!

Yay - they knew they couldn't get away with it!

Originally Posted by jenandjames
Moan away - we all do!

Originally Posted by tony s
sorry had a few beers.
tony
live the dream
WELL DONE!!! Hope the sale goes through quickly!

Welcome this thread should have a health warning as it can be addicted

You do make loads of freinds on here though and we are all really supportive
I can vouch for that! Thanks guys.

You've been fumbling in your drawers again Somme?

I've been out and had a small child and a small child's friend for tea - so all a bit manic and just praying we don't get a viewer at short notice before I can clear up.

Good news is my friend has been put on antibiotics as he now has pneumonia - but he has improved a lot in a few hours.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarab40
Busy bees!!
Been trying to find out how/where to dispose of old duvets....
Was surprised that the answer i got from my local council was to put them in my wheelie bin!!!!!!!!! Theres me worrying about how to recycle.................!!
Ooops - missed you Sarah - where did your post come from??

I suppose duvets will rot down in a landfill - but I would think you could compost them??? Also try the Salvation Army - they can give them to the homeless.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Lovely house - they didn't have the current price - just 'sold'. Can you bring yourself to tell us??

Bloomin awful house market at the moment. the trouble is, the forcast for spring is no better. That's why people are cutting prices and getting rid now.

We haven't had a viewing for 2 weeks either.

Well, have to go to bed. Managed to keep off BE for 3 hours tonight - not bad going! Night all, see you in the morning.
Hi Fly,
No I don't know the price - don't think I would want to!!! At a guess I would say around $400,000 prob a bit less as not very big house!
Actually got a viewer booked for wed afternoon - nearby village sold theirs stc to FINGERS CROSSED!!!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi Fly,
No I don't know the price - don't think I would want to!!! At a guess I would say around $400,000 prob a bit less as not very big house!
Actually got a viewer booked for wed afternoon - nearby village sold theirs stc to FINGERS CROSSED!!!
GOOD LUCK! That sort of viewer is hard to come by!

If you don't mind me asking, how come you came back to the UK and are moving out again? Are you Johul's other half?

You must be pig sick about your ex - house.

Keep us up to date with your selling saga!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Morning all
Another week - another batch of viewers!

Worth a go - i do think the advantage of open house is that viewers may well look at a house that they would have made an appointment for - and getting more people through the door is always a good thing.

i think Dan that dropping prices is a relative thing - if i dropped £25k off the price of my house there wouldnt be much left of an asking price
On the other hand if you have a higher asking price in the first place then £25k would be a much smaller percentage drop.

You ex-house in oz looks lovely - and that pool is fabulous!
Are you heading back to the same area?
yeah me too!! higher or lower price all it means to me is more / less cash in the bank
Ex house does look good - believe it or not the kitchen used to be PINK!! I kid you not!!! Pool was nice too - trouble was as we were only a couple then (no kids) didn't really use it that much and it went green on more than one occasion!!! Defo would now - the kids would die for one! Probably not exactly the same area but in that general direction I would say yes!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

GOOD LUCK! That sort of viewer is hard to come by!

If you don't mind me asking, how come you came back to the UK and are moving out again? Are you Johul's other half?

You must be pig sick about your ex - house.

Keep us up to date with your selling saga!
Actually came back in 2001 went back in 2003 and came back again in 2004!!!! No dunno Johul!!! Main reason first time was had a daughter and missed the family BUT and I say BUT again probably saw people less when we came back than in OZ!! Only there second time for 5 months but bought land and had to sell that to come here again - that was due to work mainly as then there wasn't any!!!
I kick myself about house because we were going to rent it out but decided not to as we thought we wouldn't return to Oz although we left most of our stuff in storage over there!!!! How stupid!! :curse: Oh well can't do much about it now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.