Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
you a nurse then i take it
No I work in elf 'n safety but don't hold that against me....

L x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:37 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Reedy
No I work in elf 'n safety but don't hold that against me....

L x
yes i can!!

the bowling ally wouldnt let me have a knife to cut my girls birthday cake for "health and safty reasons".

a mate who works for HMRC was told they are not allowed posters in the lift as they are a fire hazzard, there are no more than two people allowed in the coffee /tea room at anyone time because it is classed as over crowding and they are not allowed to talk whilst making said tea or coffee as they may burn themselves or others!!

agree why elf and safety is there but at times it's just bloody ridiculous!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

yes i can!!

the bowling ally wouldnt let me have a knife to cut my girls birthday cake for "health and safty reasons". More likely to do with being sued you know.... So many activities that get stopped are blamed on H&S... True practitioners like me will ignore trivial everyday risks and concentrate on the significant taking a balanced approach.... Unfortunately although it is a chartered profession there is no law stopping any idiot from quoting H&S as a defence! God I am on my soap box now... These idiots make the whole profession a laughing stock....

a mate who works for HMRC was told they are not allowed posters in the lift as they are a fire hazzard, there are no more than two people allowed in the coffee /tea room at anyone time because it is classed as over crowding and they are not allowed to talk whilst making said tea or coffee as they may burn themselves or others!!

Whatever floats their boat!!!

agree why elf and safety is there but at times it's just bloody ridiculous!
The work I do is predominantly in Civil Engineering, construction and Chemical industry so it is easier to identify significant risks and ignore the trivia without having to justify my position....

Forgive me the sins of my peers please (?)

Lau x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:45 am

The work I do is predominantly in Civil Engineering, construction and Chemical industry so it is easier to identify significant risks and ignore the trivia without having to justify my position....

Forgive me the sins of my peers please (?)

Lau x
of course i will. your department is a blooming important one, especially with that industry.

it's the rest of them that make you all out to be laughing stocks. shame really as you are only looking out for us all at the end of the day.

hows your day been then?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

of course i will. your department is a blooming important one, especially with that industry.

it's the rest of them that make you all out to be laughing stocks. shame really as you are only looking out for us all at the end of the day.

hows your day been then?

Much better since about 9:30 pm....

Kids are in bed and I am sitting here relaxing....

Had a quiet day in work until 4:30 and then all hell broke loose so I didn't leave until late. I didn't get home here until about 7:15pm and I left about 7:00am this morning

Lau x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:50 am

Much better since about 9:30 pm....

Kids are in bed and I am sitting here relaxing....

Had a quiet day in work until 4:30 and then all hell broke loose so I didn't leave until late. I didn't get home here until about 7:15pm and I left about 7:00am this morning

Lau x
oohhh

what happened earlier then? can you say?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oohhh

what happened earlier then? can you say?
A couple of things:

- A contractor on a client's project hit a gas pipe when doing an excavation.... Will cost them a fortune too
- One of our project managers need a permit document written for electrical isolations and wanted my help
- One of the Directors was in a panic about writing a document so I ended up helping him - or should that be doing it for him, because I am soppy like that...

Nothing gruesome you are okay!!!!! I am hoping nothing gruesome happens for the next 2 weeks and then I am out of there

Lau x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:59 am

A couple of things:

- A contractor on a client's project hit a gas pipe when doing an excavation.... Will cost them a fortune too
- One of our project managers need a permit document written for electrical isolations and wanted my help
- One of the Directors was in a panic about writing a document so I ended up helping him - or should that be doing it for him, because I am soppy like that...

Nothing gruesome you are okay!!!!! I am hoping nothing gruesome happens for the next 2 weeks and then I am out of there

Lau x
lucky sod!

i want out of here asap. just really had enough now. nothing is going right, OH is fed up with work(has been since he started, but cant change as we are doing the visa now and it seems a bit pointless), we are alway skint and blah, blah, blah and all the rest of it. An di havent been sleeping due to stress (hence why i am on here).

where are you headding for?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lucky sod!

i want out of here asap. just really had enough now. nothing is going right, OH is fed up with work(has been since he started, but cant change as we are doing the visa now and it seems a bit pointless), we are alway skint and blah, blah, blah and all the rest of it. An di havent been sleeping due to stress (hence why i am on here).

where are you headding for?
Sydney how about you?

I am an insomniac too So much floating around in my head.... Plenty of space for it too...

Lau x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:05 am

Sydney how about you?

I am an insomniac too So much floating around in my head.... Plenty of space for it too...

Lau x

brisbane, along with most people it seems

not expecting anything in particular and not really sure if we are doing the right thing, but there is only one way to find out.

still cant wait though
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

brisbane, along with most people it seems

not expecting anything in particular and not really sure if we are doing the right thing, but there is only one way to find out.

still cant wait though
There's one thing for sure you will regret it if you don't try!!! If I doesn't work out you will have had one heck of a ride though hey?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:12 am

There's one thing for sure you will regret it if you don't try!!! If I doesn't work out you will have had one heck of a ride though hey?
that what i keep telling myself! need more convincing lies!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that what i keep telling myself! need more convincing lies!
If you get your visa it is fate and who are you to argue with fate?

Lau x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:36 am

If you get your visa it is fate and who are you to argue with fate?

Lau x
i cant be arsed to argue with anyone! thats why i dont like talking to people! fate included.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i cant be arsed to argue with anyone! thats why i dont like talking to people! fate included.
Much better things to do with your time no doubt...

Like sleep - I am off now ...

Later,

Lau x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.