Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Old Oct 7th 2011, 9:59 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Originally Posted by NedKelly
... good Red Leb.
Blimey, do they still make that? seems like such a 70's drug, like Thai sticks - do they still do them?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Blimey, do they still make that? seems like such a 70's drug, like Thai sticks - do they still do them?
Lebanese gold...or black.... i was a teen of the eighties....
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:58 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Lebanese gold...or black.... i was a teen of the eighties....
The black was Afghan IIRC.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The black was Afghan IIRC.
Well I DO apologies... Too shit faced to remember where it was from...
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
If Rudd DOES get him out of the country he'll be hailed a national hero.....
Not by me, for DOING that.

I just want to see the poor little sod back on australian soil.
It'll be ideal if he can be brought back but I still want him put in a juvenile prison for the same term.

Mrs JTL
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I suppose there will always be a couple of camps when it comes to drugs issues..

Some people see every thing in black and white, others see things in shades of grey

there are a lot of people out there (and on here) who led very different lives to some of you mainstream peeps... Not proud of it, but were lucky enough to survive without it ruining our lives, damaging us or those we love, without it having life long effects and repercussions... And we can be honest and open about it...

Hindsight is 20/20 vision... And this is my story.

As an impressionable 13/14 year old I got exposed to a celebrity set where drug taking was considered normal.... These were glamorous people living glamorous lifestyles and I was invited to, encouraged, to try everything on offer... And I did...

My parents were excellent parents, but they had NO idea what I did, what I was exposed to, I was supposedly in safe hands... They brought me up in a christian home with strong morals and a sound knowledge of right and wrong... But offered the experience And encouraged I did them... And enjoyed doing so for a number of years...

I was the same age... So ergo you would blame me ....

I compare What happened as a form of child abuse... I was a child.. I was encouraged to do illegal and dangerous stuff, I looked up to those offering and encouraging me.... the fact is it was drugs and not sex

OK.. So Here comes the Parallel comparrison... if I had been groomed for sex and exploited at 13/14 the whole world would be on my side... Because I was groomed and exploited to use drugs it would appear to be MY fault, my parents fault, I would be a "little scrote" deserving to be locked up for 6 years in an adult jail????? if a paedophile had groomed me to behave in a way that was wrong.. Thats ok... If an adult grooms a child to take drugs .... See where I'm coming from?

What makes it wrong for one and not the other... Both abuse, both illegal, both damaging,

yes I continued to use drugs socially for a while..... A few years.... Just as many kids who are sexually groomed and abused continue to have sex... Often For their whole lives....

had this been an adult..., not just age wise but mentally an adult I would have very little compassion

As it is I have EVERY sympathy for this kid and his family....

I'm REALLY confused that some people think a 14 year old is getting "what they deserve" for error of judgement, knowingly doing the wrong thing... Whatever... When it REALLY isnt black and white.... Nothing is.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And by his own admission, he'd smoked weed a few times in the last couple of years. He had under 7grms on him, one joint. He wasn't smuggling, he wasn't trying to sell, he stupidly bought one joint. Granted he did in Indonesia and he's of an age where he'd have heard of Corby et al but he didn't do it to be 'bad'. He did it for a quick smoke.

Weirdly I'm more disappointed in the fact he's been allowed to have his mobile with him than him wanting a joint. Posting on his FB page 'could' come across as a hey look at me thing, regardless of what he says in his status.

I don't think he needs a jail term, I think the few days (so far) that he's spent in the police cell is quite enough. There but for the grace of whatever go every single one of us and our children.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:58 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And by his own admission, he'd smoked weed a few times in the last couple of years. He had under 7grms on him, one joint. He wasn't smuggling, he wasn't trying to sell, he stupidly bought one joint. Granted he did in Indonesia and he's of an age where he'd have heard of Corby et al but he didn't do it to be 'bad'. He did it for a quick smoke.

Weirdly I'm more disappointed in the fact he's been allowed to have his mobile with him than him wanting a joint. Posting on his FB page 'could' come across as a hey look at me thing, regardless of what he says in his status.

I don't think he needs a jail term, I think the few days (so far) that he's spent in the police cell is quite enough. There but for the grace of whatever go every single one of us and our children.
reports say it was about 25 bucks worth
big deal
hes just a daft wee boy who needs a fright
i'm sure hes had that now
send him home and be done with it
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:00 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

He needs some form of punishment for being very stupid but a Bali adult prison is not it.

Bring him back to Aussie soil and whoop his ass. But get him outta that hell hole.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
He needs some form of punishment for being very stupid but a Bali adult prison is not it.

Bring him back to Aussie soil and whoop his ass. But get him outta that hell hole.
I think a week in the Police cell with his parents sleeping on the floor with him is quite enough punishment to be honest.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

at 14 im sure he would have shat himself by now

thats tough at his age

its something that will live with him for the rest of his life
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:05 pm
Master of verbal pish©

I think a week in the Police cell with his parents sleeping on the floor with him is quite enough punishment to be honest.
im with you here pen.

at most he was stupid

like you said it could have been any of our kids trying to big themselves up
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:08 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. He's prolly shit himself silly by now and rightfully so. But enough is enough.

Humanity towards a kid and his parents is not too much to ask for.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by soapy©
at 14 im sure he would have shat himself by now

thats tough at his age

its something that will live with him for the rest of his life
Snap
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:10 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Exactly. He's prolly shit himself silly by now and rightfully so. But enough is enough.

Humanity towards a kid and his parents is not too much to ask for.
can you imagine the shit he will get from his friends when he gets back lmao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.