Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Old Oct 6th 2011, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

What the 14 year old did was stupid, but as a minor he should not be locked up in an adult prison. Is there something in the Geneva convention or Human Rights laws that could be used to get him out?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 8:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
What the 14 year old did was stupid, but as a minor he should not be locked up in an adult prison. Is there something in the Geneva convention or Human Rights laws that could be used to get him out?
This act is generally abused around the world,very much so by the brits,yanks and aussies in the military field,why should the Balinese be any different
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
So a 14 year old schoolboy from NSW has been arrested with 4 grams of Cannabis. Stories here & here

Thats bad

My 17 year old wanted to go to schoolies with 6 other kids in Bali. One of them got caught selling dope at the school formal got off and now cocky as hell.

Anyway told my son, you think about it, undercover Bali cops offereing pissed up schoolies dope then arresting the lot of them. Or dope found in a room you are sharing with druggo mate. Your gone too.

Anyway he made his own decison and is going Gold coast instead. Relief isnt the word.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by deb68
Our kids are not on leads they go out play with there friends, the eldest lives in England.
Just looks like a lot of kids from this site have free run and are allowed to do drugs because it is made a joke and accepted as a modern thing?
Well we live in this modern world and our kids/young adults some of them are doing fine thanks, it does also seem to me that some who defend this type of behaviour are themselves druggies or weekend pot heads themselves?
But thats ok it's a modern society we all live in...right?

I think you need to think back to when you were 14 years old, at that age you are still a "child" your brain is still developing, you have a very different view of consequences compared to those of an adult. I don't condone the behaviour however as an adult I can have compassion and think the child needs a guiding hand rather than a stick to beat him with and of course an adult prison would be the worse place in the world for this child....
With refrence to your "druggies et etc at the weekend" comments well that's just hilarious and you have no doubt achieved your objective and wound up lots of people.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest is 14 and sorry but I disagee a kid of that age wouldnt know it was wrong, the Bali 9 thing and that bloody schapelle woman were so well publicised.

This does not mean I feel any less sorry for the boy, its tragic, he must be in pieces

My kids no matter what their age have had a drilling on the laws of any country they went to, even at age 6. Maybe its just me but didnt the parents warn him. Most 14 year olds are well aware of drugs/sex/booze thorough school even if they are not actually participating.

Poor kid, i hope someone can help him. However unlike sons mate, I hope he learns from it.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

So why is it that a foreign national commits a crime in Aus, serves his time in Aus, and then gets deported - but when an Aussie breaks the law in another country, it's barbaric if the sentence is stiffer than the one he'd face back home ? When travelling abroad, the onus is on YOU to find out what you can and can't do, it's no-one elses responsibility.

Personally I hope the boy doesn't have to do a full stretch as it would probably create a monster, but what he did was wrong, and that people here are saying it's perfectly acceptable is also wrong, but the boy needs to at least have the shit scared out of him.

If he was my boy, he'd be wishing for a longer sentence cos I'd flog the little bugger.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:54 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Of course what the boy did is wrong but chucking him in an adult prison aboard with killers and peodophiles is not the answer. I think that's what people are saying.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish

When travelling abroad, the onus is on YOU to find out what you can and can't do, it's no-one elses responsibility.
The OZ media dont help the aussie public.

Instead of making schapelle etc a hero, why the hell dont they take the ' idiot ' approach instead.

That sounds harsh but other countries have laws and being a aussie doesnt exempt you from them.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The OZ media dont help the aussie public.

Instead of making schapelle etc a hero, why the hell dont they take the ' idiot ' approach instead.

That sounds harsh but other countries have laws and being a aussie doesnt exempt you from them.
well said
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Of course what the boy did is wrong but chucking him in an adult prison aboard with killers and peodophiles is not the answer. I think that's what people are saying.
Agree, not the place for him.

It would be interesting to know where Indonesian 14 year olds are sent. I hope not but 14 there is probably out working, driving etc. Do they treat 14 year olds as children under their law?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:01 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
...........It would be interesting to know where Indonesian 14 year olds are sent. I hope not but 14 there is probably out working, driving etc. Do they treat 14 year olds as children under their law?
I suspect you're right - I bet they aren't kids for long over there
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

I think this idea about kids on a tight leash does make sense, and I tend to agree, but isn't this a case of too much rope and he's hanged himself?

My kids get the length of rope I want them to have, not the length THEY want, I let more out with each demonstration of trustworthiness. Am I a controlling parent? maybe, am I going to change that if the resounding answer is yes? good God no, I've got nice polite trustworthy kids who know right from wrong because of it
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:16 pm

The kid was going for a massage and on the way thought he was helping a beggar by buying a spliff off him. His parents were letting him go for a massage. Not sure why anyone would think they were unreasonable or irresponsible parents for alowing that
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
The kid was going for a massage and on the way thought he was helping a beggar by buying a spliff off him. His parents were letting him go for a massage. Not sure why anyone would think they were unreasonable or irresponsible parents for alowing that
This massage didn't have a happy ending though

It clearly was unreasonable and irresponsible, because he's the sort of lad that buys spliffs off of beggars

Last edited by stevenglish; Oct 6th 2011 at 11:22 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish
This massage didn't have a happy ending though
You're right mate so far there's no winners in this story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.