Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:37 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Agree, not the place for him.

It would be interesting to know where Indonesian 14 year olds are sent. I hope not but 14 there is probably out working, driving etc. Do they treat 14 year olds as children under their law?
Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
I suspect you're right - I bet they aren't kids for long over there
It's just been decided that it's illegal to send illegal immigrants to Malaysia, even the adults.
I can appreciate that the kid broke the law, he needs punishing, as has been said. He probably isn't /wasn't aware of the full consequences of his actions. I know his ignorance is no defense but it appears that in Bali there's a two tier system where they target tourists for small amounts & let the dealers continue to sell.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the bribe offered by the parents wasn't big enough.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stevenglish
I think this idea about kids on a tight leash does make sense, and I tend to agree, but isn't this a case of too much rope and he's hanged himself?

My kids get the length of rope I want them to have, not the length THEY want, I let more out with each demonstration of trustworthiness. Am I a controlling parent? maybe, am I going to change that if the resounding answer is yes? good God no, I've got nice polite trustworthy kids who know right from wrong because of it

I don't think anybody on here is congratulating the boy and think that the boy did good. And as commented kids this age do know right from wrong HOWEVER....

The consequences for their actions are something that kids of this age do have trouble understanding, the hoon who kills himself with 5 mates in the car as he speed down the road at over 100km, the teenager that has unprotected sex and then 9 months later ends up a mother.... Consequences are the furthest thing from their mind, especially the teenage boy... research it, it's a medical fact that the immature brain does not get the whole" if I do this, then this might happen" until it matures, especially so in Boys, twice as many teenage boys die due to stupid things they do than teenage girls, it's a horrible fact..

So although the boy in questions has seriously stuffed up, in my opinion he does deserve a second chance, god knows we have all done something (maybe not in this league) that if we had our time again when we were younger we wouldn't have done....

Get him back to OZ and then deal with him,...
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Silly little bugger. Apparently he's being kept in a separate lockup at the moment in a holding cell away from other prisoners. The worry is that if he is sentenced, then he will be incarcerated in an adult prison. I hope the Australian Government are able to get him home and he's okay, but they use this as another example of not doing stupid things when you're overseas. His parents may be just ordinary people who let their son go for a massage on his own, they may be absolute losers, the point is, he's a minor and needs to be given a second chance. If it was my child I would be distraught.

My kids have known from a very early age about drug laws in asian countries. We drove to school in silence the day Van Nguyen was executed in Singapore when the oldest was only about seven. They've watched the Bali 9 and Shapelle's cases since they were very young. Hopefully it's taught them a good lesson. But as teenagers, you just don't know what they will do with their mates, we were all gullible teenagers once.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:34 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

He's a stupid little sh*t, but it's true, a lot of 14 year olds are. They think they are bullet proof and ignore advice.

He deserves a good slap on the wrist back in Australia but there is no way he should be in an adult prison in Bali.

Most people make mistakes in their teens (and some, well beyond) but this kid wasn't peddling horse, he simply scored for a joint.

Dumb thing to do, expecially in Bali, but no kid deserves what he's got coming if he's not out of there soon.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a campaign to get the Australian Government to VERY quickly and very actively intervene ?

Can some one please post me details... I'm at work and tiime is limited... but happy to email, write, phone....

I have nothing planned for the weekend so a "sit in" or candle lit vigil outside the Bali Embassy would be ok, so long as I can bring my quilting with me..
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Is there a campaign to get the Australian Government to VERY quickly and very actively intervene ?

Can some one please post me details... I'm at work and tiime is limited... but happy to email, write, phone....

I have nothing planned for the weekend so a "sit in" or candle lit vigil outside the Bali Embassy would be ok, so long as I can bring my quilting with me..
Kevin Rudd has made it his top priority so and the latest is that they kid may have been setup.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...-1226161084232
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:43 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

My Daughter did this one at a school debate using the 'do the adult crime, serve the adult time'

It was a very interesting debate one what age you know right from wrong, How often should children get 'one more chance', what punnishment should children get etc.

Judging by the kids on 'World's strictest parents', most of them are kids who have just continued to push boundaries until they are in free fall as the parents don't know how or can't stop them.

16 days until she becomes a teenager herself..
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:50 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
He deserves a good slap on the wrist
Child abuse!

In truth though he will probably spend a few years inside for this, bit shit for him but good for Australia .

So moral of the story: Drugs are bad mmm'kay?
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67

Kevin Rudd has made it his top priority so and the latest is that they kid may have been setup.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...-1226161084232

Problem being, Has anyone ever been arrested for drugs that doesn't say they were 'set up'.

The Indo courts will just see it as he was buying drugs, doesnt matter who from, set up or not, he wanted drugs and he knew what it was. You cant weep because your dealer was a cop. Its a hard place.

Schapelle corby had the aussie public on her side, hook line and sinker. People kept saying why would she take drugs there? Simple, buying from an aussie is safer than buying from an indonesian cop. Its pretty common knowledge that undercover cops in Bali sell to westerners.

Last edited by jad n rich; Oct 7th 2011 at 2:33 am.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Problem being, Has anyone ever been arrested for drugs that doesn't say they were 'set up'.

The Indo courts will just see it as he was buying drugs, doesnt matter who from, set up or not, he wanted drugs and he knew what it was. You cant weep because your dealer was a cop. Its a hard place.

Schapelle corby had the aussie public on her side, hook line and sinker. People kept saying why would she take drugs there? Simple, buying from an aussie is safer than buying from an indonesian cop. Its pretty common knowledge that undercover cops in Bali sell to westerners.
Yeah, I know, but it may be the excuse the Aus Government uses when they buy him out of jail, they may just say, the kid was set up, we were able to get him off. It will save them having to explain themselves to the public and to other families with kids sitting in overseas prisons.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Thats bad

My 17 year old wanted to go to schoolies with 6 other kids in Bali. One of them got caught selling dope at the school formal got off and now cocky as hell.

Anyway told my son, you think about it, undercover Bali cops offereing pissed up schoolies dope then arresting the lot of them. Or dope found in a room you are sharing with druggo mate. Your gone too.

Anyway he made his own decison and is going Gold coast instead. Relief isnt the word.
Very sensible, he should be able to get some good Red Leb down Cavill Av, much better than the filthy Bali crap.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Very sensible, he should be able to get some good Red Leb down Cavill Av, much better than the filthy Bali crap.
Do they have a Cavill Ave down in Lake Macquarie then? I'm sure he's got a normal hang out that's closer than QLD.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Gillard is going to use ALL available resources to get the kid out...

So I take it we'll see an economic trade embargo, the ceasing of diplomatic relationships, closure of the australian embassy, banning all australian tourism and Special AIr Services going in to get him out within the next few hours..... As well as the army/navy/ airforce ready to deploy....

Or are we talking a jar of coffee and two paperclips here?

If Rudd DOES get him out of the country he'll be hailed a national hero.....

I just want to see the poor little sod back on australian soil.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007

I just want to see the poor little sod back on australian soil.
There are too many scroats like him in Australia. Australia will be better off if he says in Bali.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.