Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Old Oct 12th 2007, 9:29 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:25 PM, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Coolangatta, Beaudesert and Oakington. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect Boonah, Beenleigh and Logan City by 4:55 PM and Rathdowney, Laravale and northern parts of North Stradbroke Island by 5:25 PM.

Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.

Other thunderstorms are developing in the warning area and some of these may become severe.

A 93 km/h wind gust was recorded at Cape Moreton just after 3 pm.

Hope you finished your dump, Mr Fuego......

Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Gold Coast, Maroochydore, Gympie, Bundaberg and Charters Towers.

There goes Cresta's fridge door again......
bloody windy
bloody pissed down
one of next doors trees didnt make it

then it all cleared and we had a fantastic sunset
Attached Thumbnails The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!-img_3379.jpg   The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!-img_3375.jpg  
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:39 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Luckily they seem to like going either side of us ... phew. If there's enough beer in the fridge and the other puts her weight against it he should be fine.

The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:25 PM, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Coolangatta, Beaudesert and Oakington. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect Boonah, Beenleigh and Logan City by 4:55 PM and Rathdowney, Laravale and northern parts of North Stradbroke Island by 5:25 PM.

Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.

Other thunderstorms are developing in the warning area and some of these may become severe.

A 93 km/h wind gust was recorded at Cape Moreton just after 3 pm.

Hope you finished your dump, Mr Fuego......

Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Gold Coast, Maroochydore, Gympie, Bundaberg and Charters Towers.

There goes Cresta's fridge door again......
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pis of the storm front approaching Hervey Bay on Friday
Attached Thumbnails The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!-121020071002.jpg   The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!-121020071005.jpg  
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

That's one hell of a front or cunim, Polly!

You certainly get some severe weather changes here: I remember watching a southerly change going over Sydney airport while holding overhead: you could actually see the different airmass as it went through, the refractive index was such a change. The wind went from Northerly at 30kts to southerly at 60kts within thirty seconds or so.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:25 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
That's one hell of a front or cunim, Polly!

You certainly get some severe weather changes here: I remember watching a southerly change going over Sydney airport while holding overhead: you could actually see the different airmass as it went through, the refractive index was such a change. The wind went from Northerly at 30kts to southerly at 60kts within thirty seconds or so.
Stunning pics aren't they, came from one of the guys working up there.

I find the cloud patterns here can be fascinating, just as spectacular as some of the lightning pics. I've seen some amazing shapes while coming in on flights, though nothing to beat the pure green cunims that I saw over India the first time I came out - they were towering thousands of feet above the plane, and as I had a cockpit view at the time they were a truly stunning sight - needless to say we gave them a wide berth!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:54 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Pis of the storm front approaching Hervey Bay on Friday
Very nice and cool.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:44 am
Home and Happy

Anyone interested in the weather at present, cyclone season officially starts today and the Bureau of Met gave us a nice briefing yesterday. An "active" season is predicted for Queensland, possibly two or three cyclones making landfall. We are now in the grip of La Nina, as opposed to El Nino, so more rain likely this season too.
The Bureau has launched a new cyclone centre page here -
http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/cyclone/
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:23 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone interested in the weather at present, cyclone season officially starts today and the Bureau of Met gave us a nice briefing yesterday. An "active" season is predicted for Queensland, possibly two or three cyclones making landfall. We are now in the grip of La Nina, as opposed to El Nino, so more rain likely this season too.
The Bureau has launched a new cyclone centre page here -
http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/cyclone/
Coooooool! I'll get a commemorative t-shirt and warn the chooks
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:33 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Coooooool! I'll get a commemorative t-shirt and warn the chooks
And make sure you visit the outhouse before you lose the power supply
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:34 am

And make sure you visit the outhouse before you lose the power supply
We are in The Toilet Training Zone at the moment, I need to plan 3 hours in advance
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:26 am
Home and Happy

We are in The Toilet Training Zone at the moment, I need to plan 3 hours in advance
I'll try and send you the storm warnings before they hit the main website, can't always guarantee a three hour lead time.
Might have to invest in a second outhouse for emergencies
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:29 am

I'll try and send you the storm warnings before they hit the main website, can't always guarantee a three hour lead time.
Might have to invest in a second outhouse for emergencies
We've got one, I call it the Chicken Coop.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:41 am
Home and Happy

We've got one, I call it the Chicken Coop.
So you sit there, doing - eerrrr - whatever - whilebeing watched by the chickens! I don't know whether thats or
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:47 am

So you sit there, doing - eerrrr - whatever - whilebeing watched by the chickens! I don't know whether thats or
It's our Country Ways, not for you townies to understand.

Now, leave that daylight alone, d'yahear?!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:50 am
Home and Happy

It's our Country Ways, not for you townies to understand.

Now, leave that daylight alone, d'yahear?!
You should meet my MIL, she's a country type and hasn't a clue about daylight saving..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.