Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:13 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

THE ONGOING WEATHER THREAD – STORMS, DROUGHT, CLIMATE!!!

See today has been a strange day with mega halestones near Brisbane and another tornado, whilst Victoria and Tasmania have snow whilst in the mountains in another part of Victoria there is major bush fire.

Wonder why it was the English that talked about the weather all the time and not the Aussies... .
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:18 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Originally Posted by annqldau
Wonder why it was the English that talked about the weather all the time and not the Aussies... .

Its genetic coding
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by sme
Its genetic coding
LOL... here we can expand to the other areas as well makes for a lot longer conversation.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:23 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

LOL... here we can expand to the other areas as well makes for a lot longer conversation.

To me it reinforces what a huge and varied country I now live in. Variations in the Uk tended to be marginal.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It's been very windy here today and we had a really heavy downpour this morning.

Set off for school at 8am and the lady next door took pity on me and gave me a lift up as it was belting it down, she never stopped talking about the weather in the UK all the way there
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:42 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's been very windy here today and we had a really heavy downpour this morning.

Set off for school at 8am and the lady next door took pity on me and gave me a lift up as it was belting it down, she never stopped talking about the weather in the UK all the way there

Is been the same here Wendy, and its still blowing a gale outside !!!
I had to put the heater on earlier i was freezin!!!!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:44 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

THE ONGOING WEATHER THREAD – STORMS, DROUGHT, CLIMATE!!!

See today has been a strange day with mega halestones near Brisbane and another tornado, whilst Victoria and Tasmania have snow whilst in the mountains in another part of Victoria there is major bush fire.

Was really quite wild here in Manly, Bayside!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by sme
To me it reinforces what a huge and varied country I now live in. Variations in the Uk tended to be marginal.
Must admit it's sun, sun, sun, sun, sun then some major weather event then sun, sun, sun, sun, sun again. Maybe sun is Australia's grey?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:47 am
sme
......in the sand !

Maybe sun is Australia's grey?

I'd like to see that on the catwalks of Milan and Paris
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Wendy

Better get that brolly out again looks like more to come...

At 8:25 PM , Bureau of Meteorology weather radar detected severe thunderstorms near the area northwest of Maryborough, Wallaville, Gayndah, Gympie and the area northeast of Gympie. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to southeast. Severe thunderstorms are forecast to affect the area northwest of Noosa Heads, waters off Noosa Heads and Noosa Heads by 8:55 PM and Biggenden, Woodgate and southern Fraser Island by 9:25 PM .
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by sme
I'd like to see that on the catwalks of Milan and Paris
It gets worse but at least not in Aus...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...,00.html?f=dta

Japan Tsunami Warning
Updated: 12:03, Wednesday November 15, 2006

A tsunami is set to hit northern Japan and the Russian coast.

Meteorological experts say the giant waves are expected at 12.10pm.

Residents along the Pacific coast have been told to flee to higher ground.

The warning follows an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 8.1 in the ocean east of the Chijima islands.

A tsunami of about two meters (6.5 feet) or more could hit Japan's northernmost island of Hokkaido and main island of Honshu.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It gets worse but at least not in Aus...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...,00.html?f=dta

Japan Tsunami Warning
Updated: 12:03, Wednesday November 15, 2006

A tsunami is set to hit northern Japan and the Russian coast.

Meteorological experts say the giant waves are expected at 12.10pm.

Residents along the Pacific coast have been told to flee to higher ground.

The warning follows an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 8.1 in the ocean east of the Chijima islands.

A tsunami of about two meters (6.5 feet) or more could hit Japan's northernmost island of Hokkaido and main island of Honshu.
Not as bad as predicted, looking at first reports, thank goodness .
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:18 pm

Talking Re: The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not as bad as predicted, looking at first reports, thank goodness .
Yes big difference between 6.5 ft and 16 inches although most men would argue not... .

At least though they did predict correctly and warned people as it could have been worse.

It had just been on the news tonight seperate to that, that surfers are getting the biggest waves they have seen in years often in places they are not normally seen.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Well yesterday in Canberra we had.......snow :scared:

WTF is going on and this morning I had ice on my car!!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by sasbear
Well yesterday in Canberra we had.......snow :scared:

WTF is going on and this morning I had ice on my car!!
Very windy here today but no rain or major storms.

Saw the ice and snow on TV last night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.