Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:11 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

is this another thread that started on the immi forum but was deemed unfit, so it gets palmed off to the barbie ?

May I suggest there be a "recycle bin" forum created, where threads can be placed if unsuitable for the respective forum, a kin to the TIO forum.....
Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
is this another thread that started on the immi forum but was deemed unfit, so it gets palmed off to the barbie ?

May I suggest there be a "recycle bin" forum created, where threads can be placed if unsuitable for the respective forum, a kin to the TIO forum.....
No, it's a thread which was turning into chat, which is what the barbie is for. Got a problem with a thread? The report button is down at the bottom of the post, just to the right of the karma button.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:18 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, it's a thread which was turning into chat, which is what the barbie is for. Got a problem with a thread? The report button is down at the bottom of the post, just to the right of the karma button.
Whats the karma button used for ?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:43 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

OMG don't press that button!

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Go on and give it a little click. If you're a good boy it will send me a nice message. If you're a bad boy you'll disappear like magic!
Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Go on and give it a little click. If you're a good boy it will send me a nice message. If you're a bad boy you'll disappear like magic!
Sorry, I tried and an error message said "member not worthy of karma, request denied"
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Huwaarix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CHRIS EVANS on Processing

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/conte...8/s2676146.htm

RAFAEL EPSTEIN: If we can shift focus a bit, I suppose, to migration policy, you reduced the skilled migration intake this year, obviously in the face of what you thought the economic conditions were at the time.

Things are looking better with the economy. I wonder if people in business have already approached you and said, "Listen, we need to think about raising the skilled migration intake again."

SENATOR CHRIS EVANS: I certainly made it clear at the time I thought we would run large migration programs for a number of years, that this was a temporary correction, and when the economy improved there'd still be a shortage of skills in the economy. We are obviously trying to fill those skills needs by training more young Australians for the demands of the economy, but I think we'll still need strong migration over the coming years, particularly because of the ageing of the work force.

So those demands will commence again, and certainly in my own state of Western Australia I've already been having discussions with a range of large developments about their skills needs, things like the Gorgon project.

RAFAEL EPSTEIN: So you have already flagged the need to raise that again?

SENATOR CHRIS EVANS: They've started talking to me about what the labour needs will be and prospects are of getting the skills from the Australian work force. I think Gorgon is relatively confident they'll be able to fill most of the positions locally. But if we get a succession of large developments occurring at once, there's no doubt that some migration support will be needed in order to meet some of those skills needs.

RAFAEL EPSTEIN: I just wonder if your policy, your view is to try to stay ahead of the growth curve of the economy, or do you wait for the economy to grow and wait for people to come to you and say, "Listen, we need these people".

SENATOR CHRIS EVANS: Obviously we try to stay in front of the game, and we try to make sure that the migration program is much more responsive to employers' needs, that's one of the things I have been focusing on for the last year. People have to understand that the most immediate way of responding to the needs is with a temporary migration program. A lot of employers want to bring people on only for temporary purposes, for short period of times, and the 457 program meets those needs.

We have seen a dramatic drop off in the number of 457 visa applications reflecting the state of the economy. But if the economy picks up, no doubt the numbers of those applications will pick up again as well.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Very wise views by the Senator
Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

dotty3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Very wise views by the Senator
Yes alot of what he says makes sense, but many people do not want to go through the upheaval of a move to Australia on the basis of a temporary visa. Surely they need to put back in place an appropriate processing strategy for permanent visa applications. Also, the current processing policy does not seem to provide an early route in for those of us applying for provisional visas, where we either get a job or they can send us home again; surely we don't pose too much of a risk?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

oasis23598 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am Ali from Bangladesh. I have lodged my application 19th February 2009 for 475. I am in MODL, CSL and State sponsored.
On 20th July 2009 my status changed to Application being processed further and
Birth certificate or other evidence of age --Met
Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page-- Met
IELTS English Test Report Results --Met
Evidence of overseas qualifications—Met
Evidence of skills assessment—Met
Evidence of Specific Work Experience –Met
Evidence of work experience –Met
Evidence of English language training --Met
Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination --Met

25th August 2009
Form 80 - Personal particulars for character assessment --Received
8th October 2009
Military Discharge Certificate --Received
(I don’t understand why they asked me to submit this document)
21st October 2009
Passport photo --Received

Overseas penal clearance certificate 1 --Required
Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray --Required
Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa --Required

It seems to me that it’s taking much time than usual. Is there any one can tell me about my status??
Old Oct 28th 2009, 3:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oasis23598
Military Discharge Certificate --Received
(I don’t understand why they asked me to submit this document)
Because they need discharge certificates to prove that people have left the relevant armed force and are not AWOL etc.

Originally Posted by oasis23598
It seems to me that it’s taking much time than usual. Is there any one can tell me about my status??
Yep, Your Case Officer.
No-one else can tell you.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Has anyone had a reply from their case officer or DIAC regarding what the delays might now be post 23rd September?
An update was promised at end of October.

Johnnyyt
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

ritu1234 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CHRIS EVANS on Processing

Originally Posted by Huwaarix
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/conte...8/s2676146.htm

RAFAEL EPSTEIN: If we can shift focus a bit, I suppose, to migration policy, you reduced the skilled migration intake this year, obviously in the face of what you thought the economic conditions were at the time.

Things are looking better with the economy. I wonder if people in business have already approached you and said, "Listen, we need to think about raising the skilled migration intake again."

SENATOR CHRIS EVANS: I certainly made it clear at the time I thought we would run large migration programs for a number of years, that this was a temporary correction, and when the economy improved there'd still be a shortage of skills in the economy. We are obviously trying to fill those skills needs by training more young Australians for the demands of the economy, but I think we'll still need strong migration over the coming years, particularly because of the ageing of the work force.

So those demands will commence again, and certainly in my own state of Western Australia I've already been having discussions with a range of large developments about their skills needs, things like the Gorgon project.

RAFAEL EPSTEIN: So you have already flagged the need to raise that again?

SENATOR CHRIS EVANS: They've started talking to me about what the labour needs will be and prospects are of getting the skills from the Australian work force. I think Gorgon is relatively confident they'll be able to fill most of the positions locally. But if we get a succession of large developments occurring at once, there's no doubt that some migration support will be needed in order to meet some of those skills needs.

RAFAEL EPSTEIN: I just wonder if your policy, your view is to try to stay ahead of the growth curve of the economy, or do you wait for the economy to grow and wait for people to come to you and say, "Listen, we need these people".

SENATOR CHRIS EVANS: Obviously we try to stay in front of the game, and we try to make sure that the migration program is much more responsive to employers' needs, that's one of the things I have been focusing on for the last year. People have to understand that the most immediate way of responding to the needs is with a temporary migration program. A lot of employers want to bring people on only for temporary purposes, for short period of times, and the 457 program meets those needs.

We have seen a dramatic drop off in the number of 457 visa applications reflecting the state of the economy. But if the economy picks up, no doubt the numbers of those applications will pick up again as well.
Please visit the following link the latest Interview from Minister,
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/nationalint...09/2742507.htm

The changes affect tens of thousands of people, many of whom are distressed and angry. Having shelled out thousands of dollars in costs and fees to apply to migrate to Australia, they've now been told that it will be years before their applications are even looked at.

Applicants within Australia must wait until at the least the end of 2011 before their cases are processed; migrants applying from overseas must wait until at least the end of 2012.

Thanks
Ritu
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road

I urge all of you to plz sign petition on:

Immigration Processing priority changes of September 2009 unfair Petition

Also for news on Australian immigration plz check:

Australian Visa and Immigration News: Australian Visa Bureau
Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bilaln30
I urge all of you to plz sign petition on:

Immigration Processing priority changes of September 2009 unfair Petition

Also for news on Australian immigration plz check:

Australian Visa and Immigration News: Australian Visa Bureau
Link?

We're going New Zealand now instead. Not bothering to wait for the 175 to never come through anymore. Plus, once your in Oz its not all its cracked up to be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.