Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
nope, retrieving one of twins out of the blackberry bush at the bottom of our garden. Sam decided to go blackberry picking for me and got himself tangled in the vines. Caring mother i am, I heard him yelling and just shouted to keep the noise down. Half an hour later Oli decides it would be a good idea to come and fetch me, and gleefully tells me Sam has grown up with the backblerrys!(his words!!)

I'm glad I'm not the only caring mother here

just after we moved into our last house in the UK, I was feeding the baby & could hear my other daughter yelling about something at the bottom of the garden. Like you I just shouted to keep the noise down.
A while later I could hear a whistle being blown and went out in a temper - but dd was nowhere to be seen. I realised the whistle blowing was coming from an old shed behind some trees. She'd been investigating her new surroundings - gone in & the door had blown closed! It had a rusty old yale lock on it, which - you've guessed it there was no key to & was impossible to open from the outside. She (aged 4) couldn't open it from the inside either
I had to smash a window in the shed & reach in to open the door.
What presence of mind for a 4 year old though - just to sit calmly & blow a whistle
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I broke my leg when I was 17 (embarrasing incident on a trampoline in Switzerland). Admittedly the first hospital I went to failed to notice it was broken and told me to walk on it for an hour a day. So my mum, bless her, concerned that I wasn't walking on it enough (it ****** hurt) would drive me to what she thought was an hour's hobble away, ditch me and drive off leaving me to walk home.

Imagine the guilt she felt when, 3 weeks later, another hospital discovered the fact that my leg was in two parts Oh the mileage I got out of that one
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xabiachica
I'm glad I'm not the only caring mother here

just after we moved into our last house in the UK, I was feeding the baby & could hear my other daughter yelling about something at the bottom of the garden. Like you I just shouted to keep the noise down.
A while later I could hear a whistle being blown and went out in a temper - but dd was nowhere to be seen. I realised the whistle blowing was coming from an old shed behind some trees. She'd been investigating her new surroundings - gone in & the door had blown closed! It had a rusty old yale lock on it, which - you've guessed it there was no key to & was impossible to open from the outside. She (aged 4) couldn't open it from the inside either
I had to smash a window in the shed & reach in to open the door.
What presence of mind for a 4 year old though - just to sit calmly & blow a whistle

hehe....did you graduate from the Roseanne school of parenting too??
My kids used to get excited when they heard the icecream van until i told them he only played a tune when theyd run out of ice cream.
one of the boys fell down the loo when we were toilet training them....other half was too busy watching footy to go and see what the problem was. I got out the bath to see what the racket was about (after listening to it for about 5 minutes) to find this little 2 year old wedged firmly in the loo, with just his feet and head poking over the seat!!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:29 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
I updated my CV the other day and decided that it's quite dull so I'm trying to think of some interesting extra-curricular activities to spice it up a bit. Any suggestions? (That should get things started )
well, to account for the time you spend on here bundy, you could put 'research assistant for migrating information resource'

Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:38 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hehe....did you graduate from the Roseanne school of parenting too??
My kids used to get excited when they heard the icecream van until i told them he only played a tune when theyd run out of ice cream.
one of the boys fell down the loo when we were toilet training them....other half was too busy watching footy to go and see what the problem was. I got out the bath to see what the racket was about (after listening to it for about 5 minutes) to find this little 2 year old wedged firmly in the loo, with just his feet and head poking over the seat!!

yep - I used the ice cream van one for ages - until my mother told them otherwise

and I've actually got a photo of one of my girls asleep on the loo when she was getting toilet trained

that's one to keep for future boyfriends, eh
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:52 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! My brother also fell down the loo when small and when we eventually found him all we could see was the soles of his feet and the top of his head. He was happily humming a tune and eating bog roll.

Like the CV input, Sue. Shall stick that in!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:59 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

new neighbours

dog - constant barking all night

now started howling

oops wrong thread - should be in 'what pisses you off?' so I'll put it there too

Last edited by lynnxa; Aug 31st 2004 at 9:02 pm. Reason: oops
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:57 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xabiachica
yep - I used the ice cream van one for ages - until my mother told them otherwise

and I've actually got a photo of one of my girls asleep on the loo when she was getting toilet trained :-o

that's one to keep for future boyfriends, eh ;-)
lol!

We've got one of my brother asleep in the bath! Lying down with something showing... The bath wasn't full, so he didn't drown
I think he was 4.

Oh, I should have it seeing I scanned in all our pics! :-D
(that's me too, I'm 6)

I'll take it off later.

Last edited by Simone; Aug 31st 2004 at 10:03 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:09 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Tis a done thing

No fair Bix, Are you a man or a pussycat!

Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:48 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Covenant]No fair Bix, Are you a man or a pussycat!

If I told the truth would you believe ?

....and if I was a cat ?

....no-one would believe.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:50 am
She's a bird, you know

[QUOTE=Bix]
Originally Posted by Covenant
No fair Bix, Are you a man or a pussycat!

If I told the truth would you believe ?

....and if I was a cat ?

....no-one would believe.

If you were a cat we'd all be rich and famous from exploiting this keyboard-tapping, opinion-sharing, pasty-eating feline
Old Sep 1st 2004, 2:01 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

If you were a cat we'd all be rich and famous from exploiting this keyboard-tapping, opinion-sharing, pasty-eating feline
You forgot the bike riding

Are you going to be online tonight Bundy ?
Old Sep 1st 2004, 2:03 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
You forgot the bike riding

Are you going to be online tonight Bundy ?

Might be, might not. Is that an invitation to something?
Old Sep 1st 2004, 2:14 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Might be, might not. Is that an invitation to something?
Oh no, nothing sinister.
Was just wondering if you got that laptop that was all.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 2:17 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh no, nothing sinister.
Was just wondering if you got that laptop that was all.

Well, here's the thing. I still have the laptop but the computer guy hasn't been in to tell me how much he wants for it. He simply left it in my office over the weekend and I took it home yesterday, got my brother to set it up, and away I went. Thing is, I was never actually handed the laptop so I could simply say 'laptop? what laptop?' when I next see the comp guy.

Unfortunately I have a conscience and morals.

So I'll be taking it home and hanging onto it for as long as I can without paying and then, if I can afford it, I'll buy it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.