Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:00 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Shhhhh.....don't tell anyone, but I am currently online at home. Oh yes. Testing out the laptop I might be buying so all you lovely people get to have me around for all my non-sleeping hours. Yay!!!!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Is the coast clear ?
Is she gone ?

I tell you...this is going to be a long sentence
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:45 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bundy
Trip was fine, thanks mate. Well, not without calamity, but that's pretty standard.

Started off with Mr B missing the Edinburgh train at Euston because, being an aussie, he'd decided to go to Covent Garden to buy some Bundy Rum 'for the journey' and hadn't made it back in time, leaving me stranded on the platform in a rage. Eventually got the next train which was one of the non-plush Virgin ones (the one we had missed had been one of the plush ones). It was packed and the family sharing the table seats with us had more kids than seats, so I ended up with a child on my knee all the way to Preston (luckily I like kids). Left Cambridge at 11.00am, got to Edinburgh at 11.30pm. Anyone would think it's a long way

Edinburgh was good. We were staying with Mr B's oldest mate, another Nundle boy and rum was consumed. Spent the next day toddling about Eddie amid the millions of people there for the festival and then watched an aussie band (The Cat Empire) playing in the park which was all a bit jovial, if a little cold.

Lake District was very picturesque but managed to bump into some of my summer schools students who were doing a tour of the UK post-summer school and for some reason seemed to think that my duties extended to in-depth knowledge of the Lakes. Grrr.

It rained a bit - hence the Lakes, one assumes - but mostly at night. Stayed in a hostel which is always amusing. Messed about on Windermere. Went tramping. Consumed a lot of Kendal Mint Cake.

Journey home was slightly shorted but no less eventful. Made it as far as King's Cross at the height of the rush hour , got on a train only to find that the train wasn't going anywhere because some poor bloke had been running for the train, had a heart attack when he got on board and died. So we all waited for a bit as the paramedics and police wandered past then all six million of us (busy train at that time of day) decided to hoof it en masse for the next train to Cambridge. Those nice people at BR then decided to play 'let's make the passengers run' by changing the platform every two seconds.

I eventually got on a train, leaving Mr B to follow with the luggage while I got a seat. He couldn't find me (confusion of front and back of train) so got off to look for me. Needless to say, the train left leaving him stranded on the platform with three bags and no wallet (had it in me bag!). Luckily, he had the remains of the rum, but sods law dictated that the bottle had leaked in the bag due to all the running about. He was not impressed. I ran him a bath though when he got home, which I thought was rather nice of me.
But you love that Mr B, don't you?
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:48 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
But you love that Mr B, don't you?
Course she does.
She's a gulible woman.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:02 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Course she does.
She's a gulible woman.
Bix, How about a pic of you and Mrs BIx in the photo gallery?
Old Aug 31st 2004, 12:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Tis a done thing
Old Aug 31st 2004, 12:54 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to Karma you Bundy but it wont let me. Congratulations on your new job title. It sounds very important. Hope they gave you a pay rise as well

Oh well ... off to spread some karma around
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:07 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! Pay rise, Mairi????!!!!!!! You must be joking. I work for a university. They don't do decent pay. You're supposed to do it for the love of it
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:31 pm
She's a bird, you know

Anyone? Hellloooooooooo?
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:36 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by bundy
Anyone? Hellloooooooooo?
Morning Bundy. hows things?

Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:39 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! <waves>

I'm busy dealing with some idiot(sorry, but she is!!!) on the dutch forum.
Want to migrate, in December, and asks where to get forms, and where to send them.
And everyone's told her now, a few times, that it isn't as easy as that. there's lots of visums, decembers gonna be difficult, and give us some more info!!!
And she just keeps asking the same!! :scared:

Even after I told her all this, and said 'read the dimia site etc", she sent me a pm asking the same: where are the forms, and where do I send them.

God, it must be our first troll!!!! :scared:

And, now. it's lovely weather outside, so going to sit there!

And then, I really have to start emailing people my cv
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:40 pm
She's a bird, you know

Phew! Morning PP. Was thinking I was the only one here...

Things are fine, thanks for asking. Plodding along at work with my shiny new job title, depressed at the thought of planning next year's summer schools and reminding myself that I have no intention of being in this job next summer.

Not convinced by this weather we're having. It's flippin freezing and I'm wearing a fleece in my office AND I have the heater on. What's all that about?!

On the plus side, at least it's stopped raining and I have very little work to do at the moment and thus more time to play

How's you?
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:42 pm
She's a bird, you know

Get tough Simone. Show 'em who's boss. Get a big club to whack that troll with.

I updated my CV the other day and decided that it's quite dull so I'm trying to think of some interesting extra-curricular activities to spice it up a bit. Any suggestions? (That should get things started )
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:47 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Castrating calves (or whatever it was you exactly did! )
I'll leave this for the others, I'm not very creative!

Ahhh, she's pm'd me again, so I'm still here!
Only giving ages(which are to old, you occupations etc) :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
Castrating calves (or whatever it was you exactly did! )
I'll leave this for the others, I'm not very creative!

Ahhh, she's pm'd me again, so I'm still here!
Only giving ages(which are to old, you occupations etc) :scared:

Actually, there is an entry about my work on the sheep station, but more from the staff management and budgetary control side of things. Maybe I should put cattle castration on there....and gold mining assistant...and chief masseur (ooer) to burly station workers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.