Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:12 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

I've had it an awful long time. It helps to make soft-focus photos, anyway, which at my age is never a bad thing.

Does affect my choice of make-up, though.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

cpdods is just really nicecpdods is just really nicecpdods is just really nicecpdods is just really nicecpdods is just really nicecpdods is just really nicecpdods is just really nicecpdods is just really nicecpdods is just really nice

One product that is a great all rounder is Lucas' Papaw Ointment - great lip balm, eyebrow tamer, moisturiser for really dry patches - cheap as well - I use it as alternative to Elizabeth Arden 8 hour stuff (never rated it personally). I am product obsessed my hubby reckons I have thousands of pounds worth - just finished a course of 6 peels and micro-dermabrasion - long story but went to hold mates hand at consultation and found myself signing on dotted line. Dermalogica is great skin care . Swear by Rimmel Cover Stick (moving back to Oz in 5 Mths) does anyone know if they sell Rimmel over there ?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
OK, I have to ask as I've never heard of it before... eyeshadow primer??? Really? That's bizarre Just out of interest, you guys who wear the full package, how long do you take to get sorted in the morning? I won't ask about going out in the evening because I think that'll scare me

Eyeshadow primer... I really must concentrate when I'm out shopping, mind you, I've never heard of half the makes mentioned. I don't think Coles sell any of them
Well I don't really wear the full package just mascara, bit of eyeliner, concealer, lip gloss, blusher and powder to finish it all off. I don't look heavily made up. Takes me about 5 mins to put it on. For going out for the evening, with shower, hair, make up takes me about an hour of which about 10 minutes is make up.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:25 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rabsody
Well I don't really wear the full package just mascara, bit of eyeliner, concealer, lip gloss, blusher and powder to finish it all off. I don't look heavily made up. Takes me about 5 mins to put it on. For going out for the evening, with shower, hair, make up takes me about an hour of which about 10 minutes is make up.
What's the full package then?

I never wear makeup so I've always considered that list the full package, clearly I know nothing about makeup! Don't mind me... I have no experience in these matters despite my mothers attempts otherwise!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:35 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a make up girl

I love buying new make up.

I don't like to look done up during the day but I use tinted moisturiser mixed with foundation and some rosy blusher on top because I'm so pale
A bit of tinted lip balm and some mascara and I'm done.

If I'm out at night though I like the full works
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I'm a make up girl

I love buying new make up.

I don't like to look done up during the day but I use tinted moisturiser mixed with foundation and some rosy blusher on top because I'm so pale
A bit of tinted lip balm and some mascara and I'm done.

If I'm out at night though I like the full works
I'm just like that, I even put a light make up on, just to drop the kids at school you'll never know who might see you when you are out & about.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cpdods
One product that is a great all rounder is Lucas' Papaw Ointment - great lip balm, eyebrow tamer, moisturiser for really dry patches - cheap as well - I use it as alternative to Elizabeth Arden 8 hour stuff (never rated it personally). I am product obsessed my hubby reckons I have thousands of pounds worth - just finished a course of 6 peels and micro-dermabrasion - long story but went to hold mates hand at consultation and found myself signing on dotted line. Dermalogica is great skin care . Swear by Rimmel Cover Stick (moving back to Oz in 5 Mths) does anyone know if they sell Rimmel over there ?
you will be pleased to know priceline (like superdrug) sells rimmel!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by comet555
What's the full package then?

I never wear makeup so I've always considered that list the full package, clearly I know nothing about makeup! Don't mind me... I have no experience in these matters despite my mothers attempts otherwise!
Haha, you're right it does sound a lot. But full package would include foundation and eyeshadow plus other bits like highlighters and brow pencil/gel if you wanted to get really flash!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

For those beauty/make up addicts amongst us have you every checked out Cosmetics Cop? She reviews all the products so you get an unbiased view of whether the skincare/beauty product is any good:
https://www.beautypedia.com/Default.aspx

Also, make up alley is a forum for those who love make up, with reviews from users who have actually used the make up:
http://www.makeupalley.com/

Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:01 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
For those beauty/make up addicts amongst us have you every checked out Cosmetics Cop? She reviews all the products so you get an unbiased view of whether the skincare/beauty product is any good:
https://www.beautypedia.com/Default.aspx

Also, make up alley is a forum for those who love make up, with reviews from users who have actually used the make up:
http://www.makeupalley.com/

A forum! For make up!

Right..that's it

GOODBYE BE

*races off to new forum*
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:01 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Oh blimey, I could post on this thread all day (stupid work…)!

Well, the full package for me is face primer, foundation, powder, on my eyes eyeshadow primer, 2/3 shadows, eyeliner, mascara and brow pencil. Then blush/bronzer, lip pencil and gloss. Not much really! Only takes about 20 minutes, I can do it in 10 but I like to take my time in the mornings, it helps me wake up, I find it kind of therapeutic! But in the summer I’ll wear far less, tinted moisturiser and gloss and have my brows and lashes tinted so that’ll take all of five minutes.

I'm on makeupalley, have been for years, it’s fab! We have meetups too where a whole bunch of us will get together and shop for makeup, got for lunch etc, great fun. And a member of beautypedia too…haha! Paula’s own products are pretty good, I love the 2% BHA gel for keeping my skin clear, great stuff.

Oh dear, the more I type the more I think I need help….

Thérèse
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Must confess I can't leave the house without foundation/tinted moisturiser (origins), lip tint and mascara!! I used to work for a natural cosmetics, world wide, high street store (who shall remain nameless!!) who insisted that we all wear 3 visible pieces of make up and I've been in the routine ever since!!
The mark up on products is horrendous so I refuse to pay big bucks for cosmetics, tho as Im a bit of a retro girl I'm always getting bought Benefit but really u just pay for their packaging!!
My favs are Maybelline mascara, Bourjois foundation and eyeshadow, No.7 lipstick and fake tan, Sally Hansen lipgloss, 17 blusher and rimmel bronzer!!!!
Have to agree Dermalogica is fantastic but soo expensive!! Nivea does a fantastic shower oil and Garnier is a winner for tanning and body moisturisers.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh I love make-up especially eyeshadow always have done, especially glittery ones, in fact bought a gorgeous one today oooh can't wait to wear it I love eyeshadow (have I said that before? ) I always do my eyes, but love nights out where I can go to town
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:43 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Oooh I love make-up especially eyeshadow always have done, especially glittery ones, in fact bought a gorgeous one today oooh can't wait to wear it I love eyeshadow (have I said that before? ) I always do my eyes, but love nights out where I can go to town
hello fellow sparkly lover
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippy
hello fellow sparkly lover
Hello glittergal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.