Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:29 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Originally Posted by Clippy
Erm....well I don't think I do

Ah, I don't mind rosy cheeks sometimes. I wouldn't die of shame if I left the house without make up on, I just feel better with it.
Ha, I've just googled Joan Collins! She looks fab, no I look nothing like her.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I normally never wear foundation until I came across Dior AirFlash. Its a foundation in a spray can!!! You shake it up spray evenly across your face and just rub it in slightly - with liquid foundations I always end up with an Oh So Sexy tide mark round the chin where I cant blend it in properly!! But the dior was go on so smooth its like a second skin.
I hope I can get it when I get to Oz if not I'll be stocking up before I leave.
Best eye liner I use is from Boots Natural Collection its £2 and is fab!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
Hiya!

It’s silly things like my favourite Boots wipes that I’ll probably miss. And just products and brands being familiar. I also love Urban Decay, is that readily available? I'm definitely looking forward to having Covergirl available again, some of their stuff (mascaras especially) are amazing and so cheap. Also Becca is a lovely Australian brand, stupidly expensive in the UK but more reasonable in Oz. And Dove have a much bigger range of skincare available in Oz than over here. My fave moisturiser is one of theirs, has an SPF, is lovely and light and costs about $15!

Apparently (according to my US makeup mates) Napolean Perdis is in bother in the US as it’s been revealed that his brand is actually a really cheap drugstore brand which he has simple re-labelled and bumped up the price!

Thérèse
Yeah there will be stuff you miss no doubt. Ruby and Millie (sob sob). Don't have Urban Decay here (that I've seen) but you can get MAC. Gemma Kidd is now here too. Plus KIT, have you heard of that? I've not used Becca or the Dove moisturiser (apart from the fake tan one), will have to check those out.

There is a great store for the more boutiquey hard to get brands in Aus, like Stila and Nars, called MeccaCosmetica: http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/brands.aspx

That's interesting about Napoleon. Are you in the industry?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, I've just googled Joan Collins! She looks fab, no I look nothing like her.
Doesn't she! If I look like Joan Collins when I get to her age I would not be complaining! She always looks well turned out and classy. A bit too much slap sometimes, but hey, no one's perfect!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:38 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Yeah there will be stuff you miss no doubt. Ruby and Millie (sob sob). Don't have Urban Decay here (that I've seen) but you can get MAC. Gemma Kidd is now here too. Plus KIT, have you heard of that? I've not used Becca or the Dove moisturiser (apart from the fake tan one), will have to check those out.

There is a great store for the more boutiquey hard to get brands in Aus, like Stila and Nars, called MeccaCosmetica: http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/brands.aspx

Gemma Kidd! Is she out here? Where? Oh my fave glitter shadow is hers.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:39 am

Doesn't she! If I look like Joan Collins when I get to her age I would not be complaining! She always looks well turned out and classy. A bit too much slap sometimes, but hey, no one's perfect!
Yep, I agree and I'm far from perfect No chance of me looking as good as her in ten years never mind 30!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

You can get it in Myer Brisbane so maybe the Pac Fair Myer might do it?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

or online it seems .....
http://www.kitcosmetics.com.au/produ...ma-kidd-makeup
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:44 am

You can get it in Myer Brisbane so maybe the Pac Fair Myer might do it?
$39 for my crushed jewel shadow Oooh nooooo I need a job
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:19 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I don't actually like MAC, Gemma Kidd or Ruby & Millie so I'm not bothered about any of those! But Urban Decay make the best eyeshadow primer in the world and I cannot live without it. Looks like I'll be calling on my chums to post it over!

I was actually in a Mecca store in Melbourne! I thought it was so funny that my mecca was actually called Mecca that I took a picture of it..haha!

nope, not in the industry, just obsessed...

T
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RedT
I don't actually like MAC, Gemma Kidd or Ruby & Millie so I'm not bothered about any of those! But Urban Decay make the best eyeshadow primer in the world and I cannot live without it. Looks like I'll be calling on my chums to post it over!

I was actually in a Mecca store in Melbourne! I thought it was so funny that my mecca was actually called Mecca that I took a picture of it..haha!

nope, not in the industry, just obsessed...

T
Know what you mean, I thought I had died and gone to heaven last time I was able to get into a Sephora!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:16 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont wear makeup - well occasionally mascara but thats it.

I have tried countless creams for my face - anti wrinkle ones always dry my skin out, nothing makes a difference.

What I have found that since I have been in Perth, I have been buying factor 30 suncream from the local shop (Price attack I think its called) and my skin has never been so clear or felt so soft.

I look healthy but not tanned and it really does protect my skin, I remove it at night using a facial wash and don't wear anything at night to give my skin a rest.

Whether or not I should still be looking for the perfect face cream I don't know but for now I am content with having clear skin as in England I always reacted in some way to a cream.

I dont know how suncream is helping my face, perhaps by its UV protection - I don't know but its working for now.

Its scary trying out new creams - I dont normally react straight away, it takes a few goes and it can work out expensive.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:20 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't wear make up!

I'll be 30 next year so maybe in another 5-10 years I might change my mind
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:30 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I don't wear any make-up either! If I go out I might put some mascara one, but that's it, and never wear any in the day.

I thought maybe it was just me!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:54 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I don't wear any make-up either! If I go out I might put some mascara one, but that's it, and never wear any in the day.

I thought maybe it was just me!
I have been called lazy for not wearing makeup.

Mascara/eyeliner if I look really rough but otherwise nope, its not for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.