Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Originally Posted by RedT
I think one of the TV shopping channels in Aus does Smashbox...but I didn't think Smashbox did pencils? they do a fab cream eyeliner.
The one I have is A double ended pencil...waterproof eyeliner brown one end and black the other! They do almost anything ...make up wise , my friend in America sends me stuff from time to time...lots on e-bay too!!!

Can't live without my Elizabeth Arden 8 hr cream either!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:41 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
The one I have is A double ended pencil...waterproof eyeliner brown one end and black the other! They do almost anything ...make up wise , my friend in America sends me stuff from time to time...lots on e-bay too!!!

Can't live without my Elizabeth Arden 8 hr cream either!!
I must have a look! I have tons of Smashbox, absolutely love it! I get it on QVC and eBay here, am hoping i'll be able to have it shipped ot Oz once I move! Priorities or what!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
I must have a look! I have tons of Smashbox, absolutely love it! I get it on QVC and eBay here, am hoping i'll be able to have it shipped ot Oz once I move! Priorities or what!
Strawberry net do it:
http://au.strawberrynet.com/makeup.a...d=689&goChar=S

but alas they don't have the pencil Jerzo is talking about I'll keep checking back as their stock changes regularly.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We've got a buzzing Avon world down here, must be up in Brissie as well.
Oh I've seen it around loads of times when I was working but now I'm at uni I've not seen it for a while (not something students tend to peddle) I'm sure one of the neighbours probably know someone who sells it.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rabsody
Strawberry net do it:
http://au.strawberrynet.com/makeup.a...d=689&goChar=S

but alas they don't have the pencil Jerzo is talking about I'll keep checking back as their stock changes regularly.
I have to admit ..I have had it a while ...I finished my old one off before starting it ......If I had a spare i'd send you it
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jerzo
I have to admit ..I have had it a while ...I finished my old one off before starting it ......If I had a spare i'd send you it
Thanks Jerzo That's the great thing about pencils ... they last for ages!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

accrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to all
Talking Re: Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

i find that Natio products are really good...its an aussie brand...i use the smudgeproof mascara it's magic! i've cried many a times with this mascara on and no mascara runs down your face...thats the true test of a good mascara...if you cant tell youve been crying then its good stuff....also my hubby uses natio mens shave gel he says its the best hes ever used...no drag from the razor,it smells good and leaves his skin nice and soft! Natio is the way to go ladies!xxx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:02 am
Just Joined

accrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to all

as well as Natio try skin doctors for a good skincare regime...the results are amazing...its surgery without the scalpel...i use Gamma Hydroxy which is like a chemical peel and it gets rid of any pigmentation, acne scars etc...its a bit pricey but a little bit goes a long way..well worth it!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by accrington stanley
as well as Natio try skin doctors for a good skincare regime...the results are amazing...its surgery without the scalpel...i use Gamma Hydroxy which is like a chemical peel and it gets rid of any pigmentation, acne scars etc...its a bit pricey but a little bit goes a long way..well worth it!
ooooh thanks for the tip, i've been looking for something a little more heavy duty for my skin :-)
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:44 am
Just Joined

your welcome! if you are ever in helensvale come to harrisons pharmacy (thats where i work) in westfield...i am the stock controller there (or fat controller as they call me but im not fat!) Im sure i will be able to get you a freebie...i get loads o freebies from the reps...if you see summat you like i will probably be able to get you that product to try out.. thats how i find out whats good! where do you live?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

Hey ladies you all seem to know your stuff!!! would love some of your advice on my skin....... it's very oily and spot prone ( been on antibiotics for it in the past ...they were pretty crap!!) any way i am worried with all the extra heat out there i am going to look like i have washed my face in a chip pan ... any recommendations ????
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by accrington stanley
your welcome! if you are ever in helensvale come to harrisons pharmacy (thats where i work) in westfield...i am the stock controller there (or fat controller as they call me but im not fat!) Im sure i will be able to get you a freebie...i get loads o freebies from the reps...if you see summat you like i will probably be able to get you that product to try out.. thats how i find out whats good! where do you live?
Aw thanks, that's really sweet of you. I'm in Brisbane westside (near Indooroopilly?) and don't get down that way too often but if I do I will certainly pop in! I used to work in fine wine and got lots of freebies to try out ... freebies sure are a great perk of a job eh?!!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rabsody
Aw thanks, that's really sweet of you. I'm in Brisbane westside (near Indooroopilly?) and don't get down that way too often but if I do I will certainly pop in! I used to work in fine wine and got lots of freebies to try out ... freebies sure are a great perk of a job eh?!!!
oooh indooroopilly! we have a harrisons there! do you know it? maybe i could get something transferred up there to you....yeah perks of the job are great i havent bought anything since i got this job....wonder if estate agents get perks like this that would be good...wouldnt mind a free house hee hee! but seriously if you want owt let me know...i will always do a favour for a fellow pommie!xxx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:14 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weez75
Hey ladies you all seem to know your stuff!!! would love some of your advice on my skin....... it's very oily and spot prone ( been on antibiotics for it in the past ...they were pretty crap!!) any way i am worried with all the extra heat out there i am going to look like i have washed my face in a chip pan ... any recommendations ????
I started on Dermalogica for similar reasons, i.e., when we moved to Singapore - gets to about 95% humidity here and I'm not prone to spots but my usually dry to combination skin went quite oily. Sorted me out, no problem.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by weez75
I can sympathise, I have had some really awful spells with my skin. My old boss's son asked me if I had chicken pox once when I was really breaking out ... I have never forgotten it, I almost died. Have you tried the pill? It's never worked for me, but I know quite a few people who swear by it (Jasmine and Diane over here are the two main ones).

I use a really cheapy $10 face wash by St Ives with sallicyic acid in it for blemish prone skin - sounds cheap and horrible but it's a really great product ... and i've used lots to compare it against!

Make sure you don't strip the skin. I find mine is better if I over moisturise rather than under moisturise. Don't drink too much booze and do drink loads of water and eat fresh fruit and veg etc. Use mattifying make up (Revlon do a range) that is oil free. Oh and make sure you use non pore blocking make up and powders (non-comodogenic .... or something ) as I have definitely found certain foundations and powders make me break out and others don't. It really just is trial and error as what suits someone else's skin may not work on yours!

Oh, and don't pick!!!! bossy, aren't I Good luck

Last edited by rabsody; Apr 17th 2008 at 12:18 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.