Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:55 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have been called lazy for not wearing makeup.

Mascara/eyeliner if I look really rough but otherwise nope, its not for me.
I only ever wear makeup if I'm going out or to college once a week. other than that I cant be bothered and dont see the point.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have been called lazy for not wearing makeup.

Mascara/eyeliner if I look really rough but otherwise nope, its not for me.
There's nothing lazy about not wearing make-up!

I wish I would feel confident about going bare, but i just can't go out without it.

It's funny 'cos I have 3 sisters and they don't wear make-up and my mum doesn't either....I don't know how I got into it!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:55 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mancfamily
There's nothing lazy about not wearing make-up!

I wish I would feel confident about going bare, but i just can't go out without it.

It's funny 'cos I have 3 sisters and they don't wear make-up and my mum doesn't either....I don't know how I got into it!
Course it’s not lazy! It’s personal choice. I look like death on a plate without makeup on coz I'm so pale and have such fair eyelashes and eyebrows. I was never massively into makeup until I put on some weight..lipstick etc always fits so I turned my shopping power to makeup instead of clothes! Now I'm a bit of a junkie, rather than a makeup bag I have a makeup crate *cough*. I'm half maybe sort of thinking about paring it right down when we move to Oz and going minimalist. Maybe. Possibly. Sort of….

Thérèse
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:56 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RedT
Course it’s not lazy! It’s personal choice. I look like death on a plate without makeup on coz I'm so pale and have such fair eyelashes and eyebrows. I was never massively into makeup until I put on some weight..lipstick etc always fits so I turned my shopping power to makeup instead of clothes! Now I'm a bit of a junkie, rather than a makeup bag I have a makeup crate *cough*. I'm half maybe sort of thinking about paring it right down when we move to Oz and going minimalist. Maybe. Possibly. Sort of….

Thérèse
death on a plate
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:50 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Estee Lauder bought from ebay usa because its soooo much cheaper!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

The makeup that i use is all 100% mineral Its called Jane Iredale, pure pressed foundation has an SPF of 19, I use all of there stuff, apart from there mascara which I dont like as its not waterproof however they have brought out a new one so i think i might give it a try.
I normally just get my eyelashes permed and tinted.
My skincare is called Environ which i love. You should all give it a try

annkc
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:18 pm
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

I'm with the less is more crowd. I'm allergic to just about everything anyway, so its a good thing I have no interest in "dressing up".

Hot water and facial sponge for daily cleaning, body shop aloe vera sensitive day moisturiser and lots of it. (They do an SPF 15 too)
I put some night time stuff on too if I'm drinking, so I dont wake up with paper wrinkly face.
Body shop aloe vera cleanser and toner once or twice a week if I'm feeling specially wrinkly or crispy.

I do have to draw on my eyes cos my eyelashes and eyebrows are pale unto invisible, and using those new rubber brush mascaras, like max factor masterpiece, doubles the length of my lashes, which is much required.

I avoided Body shop for years, thought it was "childish", cos I used to use it when I was 14. Rediscovered it courtesy of a pushy sales lady, and my skin has never been so clear. I go months without seeing spots now. And thats only when I really hammer the red wine and cider!!

I'm ditching ALL my old stuff when we leave. I have loads of half full things I've tried that just didnt agree with my skin and got left there.

Oh yes, and my eternal and deep deep gratitude for the big tubs of hemp body butter (yes, body shop again). Forget e45, base cream, oil of olatum etc. Check out the big green tubs.

Went there yesterday, and got £5 off for buying 3 items, £5 off for my birthday, £5 off cos it was 4th purchase on card, and then 10% off the rest.!!!
I paid less in total then I once paid for 1 tiny tube of clarins eye cream.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
But Urban Decay make the best eyeshadow primer in the world and I cannot live without it. Looks like I'll be calling on my chums to post it over!
OK, I have to ask as I've never heard of it before... eyeshadow primer??? Really? That's bizarre Just out of interest, you guys who wear the full package, how long do you take to get sorted in the morning? I won't ask about going out in the evening because I think that'll scare me

Eyeshadow primer... I really must concentrate when I'm out shopping, mind you, I've never heard of half the makes mentioned. I don't think Coles sell any of them
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:30 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
OK, I have to ask as I've never heard of it before... eyeshadow primer??? Really? That's bizarre Just out of interest, you guys who wear the full package, how long do you take to get sorted in the morning? I won't ask about going out in the evening because I think that'll scare me

Eyeshadow primer... I really must concentrate when I'm out shopping, mind you, I've never heard of half the makes mentioned. I don't think Coles sell any of them
Eyeshadow primer stops your eyeshadow from creasing and can help it stay put. I don't have any but have used it before when I've been out on an all nighter to keep make up 'fresh' even if I feel dead

I wear make up most mornings, bit of foundation, slick of eye stuff, quick stroke of the blusher brush and a flick of mascara, then some lip butter as I'm heading out the door. Takes ooh 2 minutes. If I'm going out for a proper night out then I do take a lot longer.

I love make up, absolutely love it. I could spend hours messing with different make up pots and shades and creams and ooh yes lovely. You should see me and Curly after a day at the shops, we're covered in the stuff, trying samples on our arms, covered in colour and glitter, it's fab
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:41 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I use the Dermalogica skincare range (yay, relieved to hear strawberrynet ships to Oz foc). My skin went ape when I moved to Asia, although it's always been very sensitive anyway, and I found this range sorted it out. My friend who is expert in all things natural/organic looked at the ingredients for me and says it's one of the least bad non-natural ranges.

I've tried Miessence and uskincare organic ranges but they don't suit my skin; however will try some more in Oz where there is more choice.

I'm less discerning when it comes to cosmetics, although go for unperfumed/hypoallergenic and a bit of trial and error. It's also an area my ethics fall down so I really must read up on all the manufacturers and try to make more ethical choices. (Years ago in the UK I bought Beauty Without Cruelty.)

Daytime it's just loose powder (Clinique or Bobbi Brown), mascara (still searching for the perfect mascara but often go back to Maybelline), lipgloss (cheap and cheerful Revlon) and a sweep of blusher (Shu Uemura does a very natural taupey one).

Rare glammed up nights - add a compact foundation (Clinique) and some eyeshadow - ranges from Body Shop to Revlon to MAC depending on the depth of colour I want. MAC is fierce! Sometimes a proper lipstick (Revlon, L'Oreal, Clinique, chosen more for colour and texture than brand) and a little Benefit highlighter on my cheeks. Always get complimented on my skin when I have the highlighter on, so it's good for me.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippy
Eyeshadow primer stops your eyeshadow from creasing and can help it stay put. I don't have any but have used it before when I've been out on an all nighter to keep make up 'fresh' even if I feel dead

I wear make up most mornings, bit of foundation, slick of eye stuff, quick stroke of the blusher brush and a flick of mascara, then some lip butter as I'm heading out the door. Takes ooh 2 minutes. If I'm going out for a proper night out then I do take a lot longer.

I love make up, absolutely love it. I could spend hours messing with different make up pots and shades and creams and ooh yes lovely. You should see me and Curly after a day at the shops, we're covered in the stuff, trying samples on our arms, covered in colour and glitter, it's fab
OK so now I know more about makeup than I ever thought possible
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:53 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the Benefit Lemonaid after a friend raved about it. It IS a great eyeshadow primer but I'm such a hairy beast, have - thankfully - blonde hairs all over my face including my lower brow, that it just gets clogged up. Don't want to start plucking them in case they go dark and strong.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:55 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I bought the Benefit Lemonaid after a friend raved about it. It IS a great eyeshadow primer but I'm such a hairy beast, have - thankfully - blonde hairs all over my face including my lower brow, that it just gets clogged up. Don't want to start plucking them in case they go dark and strong.
Get them threaded

You can have your whole face threaded
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:59 am
Auntie Fa

Oh don't you start! I had my ex-hairdresser telling me yesterday to do that. Apparently it hurts like hell (although I've had electrolysis and IPL so I believe it's all relative) and I'm a tad concerned about what it looks like when it starts to grow back. Brows, ok, but rest of face?

All the girls I know here that have their full faces done are Chinese, and they're not exactly hairy to start with.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Seasider
Oh don't you start! I had my ex-hairdresser telling me yesterday to do that. Apparently it hurts like hell (although I've had electrolysis and IPL so I believe it's all relative) and I'm a tad concerned about what it looks like when it starts to grow back. Brows, ok, but rest of face?

All the girls I know here that have their full faces done are Chinese, and they're not exactly hairy to start with.
Well I have my eyebrows done and really it doesn't hurt. Ok it might a tad sometimes, but it hurts less than plucking in my opinion. It's really quick too.

Well the trick is, to keep having it done, I can't help with the dark hair thing as I am dark haired anyway so mine do come back dark, not thicker though, they come back finer. I have them done every 3 or 4 weeks. If the hair on your face doesn't bother you though, it doesn't need doing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.