Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

Wikiposts

How has your day been?

Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:19 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

I weighed myself this morning and in the past week or just over, I have lost 3kgs in total - really pleased.

Its taken ages as I am on steroids but my clothes are getting a bit looser, still have 24kgs to go.

Enjoying work - love my temp job, hope they keep me on, nice to get lung fulls of the ocean air when I go outside and being a 10 min drive to my house.

Aside from a bit of PMT, I am in quite a good mood - just need my Dad to get back to normal. (or near as would suffice)
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:23 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

It started well then the house filled up with kids and women talking about child abuse and mental illness.

I could really use that job
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Going to have my eyeball measured so they can make the artificial lens....one week to go till the op.
Nervous? You bet.
It's a very quick scan of your eye. No drops, no touching.

The lens isn't made for you, it's ordered like a contact lens from one of the manufacturers.
Originally Posted by eddie007
Honestly.... I know its major major major for you... But its a VERY simple surgery.... Drops before... Procedure.... Drops after.... In ...out..... We used to do a list of 10-15 patients three days a week... One set of post op obs, cup of tea, sandwich and home.....

Its one of those ops where the THOUGHT if it is So much worse than the actuality... And the difference it will make is incredible....
Cataracts really are a simple procedure. Over 20+ years of ophthalmology I've seen so many done I could likely do it myself.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, eyeball measured with no drops, and I'm allowed to put my lens back in until the operation next week, so I can see to drive again!!!!(in daylight anyway.)

I was ok with the thought of the op till the anesthetist told me how they were going to paralyse the eye by injecting around it and that it would sting a lot till it went numb. Then the optic nerve would be affected and all I'd be able to see would be a light.
Surgeon today was very reassuring- they will sedate me first so I don't leap off the table. Phew! Also I am not able to have a multifocal lens as my eye is too long- heavily myopic- and so not suitable, so I will need reading glasses of a much higher power than at present. He also said my brain may take up to 3 months to adjust to the fact that I can see again in my right eye, but that I can delay my left eye op until I feel that I can no longer see well enough out of it.(Which is what I had hoped, as I can't really afford two ops this year, and I am far more wary of them doing stuff to my left eye while they don't need to.)
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 2:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, eyeball measured with no drops, and I'm allowed to put my lens back in until the operation next week, so I can see to drive again!!!!(in daylight anyway.)

I was ok with the thought of the op till the anesthetist told me how they were going to paralyse the eye by injecting around it and that it would sting a lot till it went numb. Then the optic nerve would be affected and all I'd be able to see would be a light.
Surgeon today was very reassuring- they will sedate me first so I don't leap off the table. Phew! Also I am not able to have a multifocal lens as my eye is too long- heavily myopic- and so not suitable, so I will need reading glasses of a much higher power than at present. He also said my brain may take up to 3 months to adjust to the fact that I can see again in my right eye, but that I can delay my left eye op until I feel that I can no longer see well enough out of it.(Which is what I had hoped, as I can't really afford two ops this year, and I am far more wary of them doing stuff to my left eye while they don't need to.)
Hope it all goes well.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 2:32 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Hope it all goes well.
Hopefully she's able to see yer post
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 3:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Hopefully she's able to see yer post
I did actually spit a bit of wine out then Bernie!
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 3:45 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I did actually spit a bit of wine out then Bernie!
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

They let me put my lenses back in until the op, so I can see again, albeit still not brilliantly. It is nice not to have my nose 2 inches from the screen to read people's posts.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:54 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was a good day, my Dad has been taken off all the strong painkillers and is now getting his sanity back and he called me and it was SO nice to talk to him I cant tell you, he still sounds weak and cant be left alone which is a worry but he knew who I was and we had a normal conversation.

Started the immuno suppressive therapy yesterday just to try it and my god my stomach hurt all night - cramps and nausea, I took it with food as advised but I am hoping tonights dose will be better.

Anyway, it is a gorgeous day in Freo today, might go for a walk by the beach at lunchtime.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

.)
Your anaethetist wants slapping mate.....

his bedside manner is obviously lacking

Sorry.... But You should be completely reassured ...... Not scared witless....
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:04 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Kid isn't speaking to me as I won't let it post a gross food eating competition on youtube.

Home video = funny.

Youtube = kiss a career goodbye.

Am I right or am I mean?
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Yesterday was a good day, my Dad has been taken off all the strong painkillers and is now getting his sanity back and he called me and it was SO nice to talk to him I cant tell you, he still sounds weak and cant be left alone which is a worry but he knew who I was and we had a normal conversation.

That's great news! Must be a huge relief!

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Started the immuno suppressive therapy yesterday just to try it and my god my stomach hurt all night - cramps and nausea, I took it with food as advised but I am hoping tonights dose will be better.
Hopefully symptoms will subside as your body gets more used to the drug. I know I struggled for a fortnight with an upset stomach on my current medication. I will keep my fingers crossed for you for a better night tonight!

Only one puddle so far this morning from Titch but nothing on the potty. 'Tis cute watching her wander around the house naked from the waist down though. Especially when she gets her wiggle on and starts dancing! Must film it (when she has clothes on!) as it is soooooo cute!
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:25 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

My life is currently marking time and waiting for a job decision which should arrive soon.

I should really do something productive but I just need a yay or nay so I can move forward. Some yardwork is in order, something physical.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:54 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Your anaethetist wants slapping mate.....

his bedside manner is obviously lacking

Sorry.... But You should be completely reassured ...... Not scared witless....
I put off having an endoscopy for a year after a locum told me it was as simple as having a hose pipe shoved down my throat... and not to worry about the anaesthetic because it was a good way to die.

wtf.

Some of these pr*+ks should be struck off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.