Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

Wikiposts

How has your day been?

Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:01 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Polishing my new wellies for a very english garden party today,does one still flick out ones pinky when sipping Pimms ???
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Polishing my new wellies for a very english garden party today,does one still flick out ones pinky when sipping Pimms ???
Too....many....jokes. Must....control.....first......impulse.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:05 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Too....many....jokes. Must....control.....first......impulse.
Go for it
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Now I know why the Guernsey aristocracy love you so much! We need a pic of you looking posh in these wellies, with the Pimms
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:08 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Now I know why the Guernsey aristocracy love you so much! We need a pic of you looking posh in these wellies, with the Pimms
No worries,i'll get my PA to sort it.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No worries,i'll get my PA to sort it.
Your PA? You really are moving in high circles these days aren't ya
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:24 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't go letting the side down...make sure you turn the tops of your wellies down.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:28 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Don't go letting the side down...make sure you turn the tops of your wellies down.
Oh how common
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:45 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

On the way home from work this arvo, spotted a man collapsed on the nature strip.Attended to him whilst calling the ambo's.A fire truck happened to be passing and stopped.I gave them a handover "he's lucid,has pains in the chest, asthma,blood clot in the right leg,the Ambulance is on it's way".One young fireman looked wide eyed and a bit unsure what to do.Left it with them.When I got home'about 2 minutes away' my wife pulled up behind me in her car and said she had just passed the Ambulance.Bit of luck the old boy should be ok.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 2:31 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Thanks Vim, not a power issue as it's recognising something is being plugged in but says it's damaged. Might have to fork out some cash because it's bad if we can't get the contents back!!

Back to my day, started out lovely. Beautiful crisp winters day in Perth. Netball this morning and daughter rolls ankle. 4 hours later and she has a lot of pain so ED we go. 4 hours after that and we leave on crutches with a cast!

Will be in plaster for her final disco at her current school and for her 10th birthday, as you can imagine she is not happy camper! On the plus side, all still good with daughter number 1 so I guess you can't have it all!!
Just noticed your reply, sorry, slack these days, hope you got the drive sorted out

The first 29 minutes of my day is going well, the family are elsewhere and I have my music going full bore with some decent bourbon on the go
Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Dahling if you do that you will be seen as nouveau riche and possibly a little vulgar. That sort of thing was common 80 years ago and then the hoi-polloi caught onto it and thought they could look "classy" (in their parlance) so they copied it.
May one ask what brand of wellies you are choosing to wear? Nothing from Tescos or similar(shudder) one has to go to one's bootmaker.

Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Eddie has just been round and brought me a lovely Pandora charm for my bracelet and it has significant meaning for both of us - thanks Eddie

Our nice peaceful afternoon was constantly interrupted by Gordon eating towels through the laundry basket - caught by Eddie.

Rocky running around on 3 legs as he has his front paw bandaged up and trying to get on Eddies knee, he is almost if not as tall as Eddie on his hind legs so covered her pretty well, you could just make out the top of her head and her glasses.

The parrot was shrieking for attention and would not let up until we went into the living room.

Then Gordon was pissed off at being shut in the laundry room and decided to jump on the window ledge and proceed to chew the blinds which was plainly visible to us sitting outside, a big fat ginger cat with the blind chains in his mouth, eating and breaking as many as he could until I went in to him.

Thanks for coming round though Eddie, really cheered me up.
How lovely to have a friend like that. I can't say I miss that from the UK as I never had a friend that close. There is no one here I can just pop over to talk to, which is why I'm on here probably saying more than I should.
Gordon makes me laugh, though if he were mine he wouldn't!!
Old Jun 30th 2012, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
How lovely to have a friend like that. I can't say I miss that from the UK as I never had a friend that close. There is no one here I can just pop over to talk to, which is why I'm on here probably saying more than I should.
Gordon makes me laugh, though if he were mine he wouldn't!!
Same here.I had a best friend in the Uk but only stay in contact occasionally via facebook.I did have a good friend here but due to personal reasons that too has fizzled out.Thank God for my husband.He is my best friend.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 3:42 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My day has started in somewhat unhealthy fashion by eating 4 small macaroons Mr PP brought home, washed down with a cuppa.

Off to the gym I go to burn off the little bastards later (but they were rather tasty and I am sure had no calories.)

Actually, I am still in my PJs and dressing gown, feeling rather lazy today and enjoying being curled up in front of the TV and its a gorgeous day outside as well.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for HIM to finish fixing the drivers door on the ute... Couldnt drive to freo yesterday in it as its unlockable... And you have to roll up a trouser leg and perform a funny handshake to even get it to close properly... That and a rear view mirror would be nice... If not too much of an investment in a 1994 ford ute...

Dont have to worry about the passenger side door locks... The door doesnt open at all...

Sweet to drive though... Smoother than a baby's bottom....

Love the way you put the drivers seat forward so you can reach the pedals and the WHOLE front seat slides forward (all 3 are joined together) slamming HIMin the passenger seat into the windscreen... Obviously designed only to be used by two people of the same height

Just need to find some decent tapes for the tape player... YES I said tape player.... And get the tape player fixed too....

I'm in LURVE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.