Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Dec 29th 2013, 5:00 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Fab couple of hours at the beach testing out my new body board then a quick lunch at the beachside cafe Had to leave though because DD has a nasty case of thigh chafe - one of the many downsides of having chunky legs Have slapped on some Bepanthen (take note Tr1boy - fab stuff for nappy rash) and hopefully it should go in a couple of days.

Just need to get both DS and DD a pair of cycling shorts or similar, to wear at the beach as DS keeps getting sore on his willy too
Old Dec 29th 2013, 5:53 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Still coughing, but mainly when he eats or drinks anything, or in the middle of the night. Other than that he is feeling a little better - I can always tell because he starts getting horny again.
That's the sure sign of recovery
Old Dec 29th 2013, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Fab couple of hours at the beach testing out my new body board then a quick lunch at the beachside cafe Had to leave though because DD has a nasty case of thigh chafe - one of the many downsides of having chunky legs Have slapped on some Bepanthen (take note Tr1boy - fab stuff for nappy rash) and hopefully it should go in a couple of days.

Just need to get both DS and DD a pair of cycling shorts or similar, to wear at the beach as DS keeps getting sore on his willy too
The items you need are known here as skins, we usually buy from shops at public swimming pools, but you should be able to buy at Big W, Cancer Council shop or similar. You need to wear speedos/bathers underneath. We find that skins usually stop the sand getting into delicate areas. We also soak all swimming gear in fresh water for a while when we get home, also have a quick shower or rinse off with the garden hose.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 10:54 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

It's been shit,12 hours non-stop trying to save a 870gramme baby who will have absolutely no quality of life if he survives,nothing,nada,fook all,i'm getting too old for this shit.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
It's been shit,12 hours non-stop trying to save a 870gramme baby who will have absolutely no quality of life if he survives,nothing,nada,fook all,i'm getting too old for this shit.
Poor you, poor parents and poor wee baby.

Being the devil's advocate, sometimes I think too much effort is made to save such small babies- especially when they will have no quality of life. Kinder for the child to let it go peacefully than with all the invasive attempts at saving its life? Hard for the parents if nothing is done I know, but the child surely deserves to go with dignity, rather than damage.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Happens at both ends of the spectrum...working in resuss on the 97 year old from the nursing home with advanced dementia does it for me....
Old Dec 29th 2013, 11:23 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Poor you, poor parents and poor wee baby.

Being the devil's advocate, sometimes I think too much effort is made to save such small babies- especially when they will have no quality of life. Kinder for the child to let it go peacefully than with all the invasive attempts at saving its life? Hard for the parents if nothing is done I know, but the child surely deserves to go with dignity, rather than damage.
,this baby already had a DO NOT RESUS order,agreed with parents until surgeons stepped in with their bullshit,we can save the gut,so now the kid will have a colostomy bag to go with everything else,but hey,the surgeons saved the gut,utter bollox.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

,this baby already had a DO NOT RESUS order,agreed with parents until surgeons stepped in with their bullshit,we can save the gut,so now the kid will have a colostomy bag to go with everything else,but hey,the surgeons saved the gut,utter bollox.
Surgeons... Hmmmmph... See their piece of flesh as a separate isolated entity... Not the holistic picture....

But then at YOUR end of the spectrum you are dealing with extreme hope ... And The parents.... It's why a lot of us "don't do kids"....

Hats off to you Bernie, I couldn't do it.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 3:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hats off to all nurses at either end of the spectrum
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:26 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Ho hum

New Year plans out the window. Currently sitting here with my shoulder strapped up. A trip to physio earlier and my shoulder muscle is FUBAR and I have an inflamed bursa. I haven't slept properly for days due to the nerve pain I've had - think sciatica in the shoulder

So, I'm not really in the mood for the beach and fireworks - might have a look out the window later to see if we can see them.

I actually get some sleep tonight
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Not surprised. That is so bluddy painful.

So forget seeing out 2013. It;s over-rated . Get some sleep. See in 2014 when it's settled down a bit.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:43 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Ho hum

New Year plans out the window. Currently sitting here with my shoulder strapped up. A trip to physio earlier and my shoulder muscle is FUBAR and I have an inflamed bursa. I haven't slept properly for days due to the nerve pain I've had - think sciatica in the shoulder

So, I'm not really in the mood for the beach and fireworks - might have a look out the window later to see if we can see them.

I actually get some sleep tonight
Sorry to hear that for a good nights sleep later though
Old Dec 31st 2013, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Little Creatures Brewery for lunch...

Good day bar tender, may I have a pint of lemon lime and bitters please?

Sorry, we only have the bottled premixed ...

Ok I'll leave it thank you

You can always go next door, they will make you one up in there, then bring it back...

Ok...thank you

(I go next door)

Good day bar tender, may I have a pint of lemon lime and bitters please?

No

Short silence

Oh, they said next door that you could make one up for me

We can

Oh?

Yes, buy we don't do pints.... It comes in one size only.

Well that would have been more ****ing helpful than simply saying NO wouldn't it?

And the pale ale was OFF!
Old Dec 31st 2013, 6:33 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Sorry to hear that for a good nights sleep later though
All set for tomorrow? Come over whenever you want.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

I do empathise... as you say...what's the point ?

Hope you manage to put it behind you and have a good New Years night.

Hino

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.