Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:25 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Originally Posted by creepycrawley
and you can all condemn the UK to your hearts' content for all I care.
But what if we don't all want to ?

Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:35 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Philippe Moreau Defarge, a European affairs expert at the French Institute on International Relations: "Europe is being forced to recognize it isn't as rich or as well-organized as it thought, and faces several long, hard years of finding its way back to solid ground."

Bob Hancké, an expert on European political economics at the London School of Economics: "I think it's quite possible we could see the euro gone in several years — or at least reduced to a currency only used by France, Germany and a few small nations keeping it alive,"

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...rss-topstories
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: aaa

This seems to have become a thread advertising the American Automobile Association?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:32 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
This seems to have become a thread advertising the American Automobile Association?
I just noticed that too. I'll change it.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:34 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Triple A credit rated?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:37 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Triple A credit rated?
If only credit ratings were so easy to change as thread titles
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:42 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Centurion
If only credit ratings were so easy to change as thread titles
And hearts mended, reputations salvaged, and lives rescued from drink and debauchery.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:54 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

And hearts mended, reputations salvaged, and lives rescued from drink and debauchery.
Indeed. But where to begin?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:54 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by NedKelly
You are being very negative. Things will be much more positive when Gordon Brown gets elected for another term.
Seems you might be right.

Heseltine: Tories cannot win outright : David Cameron will not win a general election outright and will struggle to form a government, according to Lord Heseltine.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/elec...-outright.html
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:56 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by paulry
Indeed. But where to begin?
On drink and debauchery?

my place, friday night, bring your own wine and women......

and no sneaking Kaporte in wearing that dress.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:09 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

On drink and debauchery?

Haha!

It's a deal.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

On drink and debauchery?

How many times, it's a KILT
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:21 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by kporte
How many times, it's a KILT
An ex army blanket hand painted to look like a cross between a tea towel and something Marylyn Munroe would wear, does NOT constitute the national dress of those wonderful people north of the border.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
How will the standard of living in China and the new ecomonies improve if the west gets poorer becasue then people in the west don't have the money to purchase Chinas manufactured goods.
They might sell off their trillions of dollars of US Bonds that they've saved up.

Edit: What if they sold off their trillions of US bonds, so that they could improve their own populace financially and infrastructure and productivity?

The US would go bankrupt and revert back to the backwater it was, just growing corn.

China would explode selling tons of consumer products to chinese with labels on them saying 'Made in China'.

I for one welcome our new overlords. (simpsons joke)

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Feb 20th 2010 at 11:50 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:48 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
They might sell off their trillions of dollars of US Bonds that they've saved up.

JTL
Interesting – a few years ago the big worry was Japan owned everything. The book (and to some extent the movie) Rising Sun gave some bitter examples of how Japan was buying up the USA at bargain basement prices.

Now its the Chinese.

A few years ago I was at Army Staff college. During one lecture I intimated that the USA had won the Vietnam war. Everyone laughed, and the Directing Staff asked me how I worked that out. I pointed out that just as War is an extension of diplomacy by another means, so to is commerce an extension of war by another means too. The Americans lost the land battle but won the financial war. Vietnam held out its hand for US aid, and US investment in good old USD.

I also said that maybe modern warriors carried laptops and had MBAs.

We just spent 20 years giving MBAs to Chinese in our business schools. When I did mine over half the class came from mainland china. Now they are coming back…..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.