Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:09 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of
Default Re: Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Which is exactly my point. Nice positive thoughts don’t fix this sort of crap.

Positive action does.

No one seems to care in the UK anymore. Even my parents seem to have given up.

Haranguing people on this site for being doom and gloom merchants doesn’t fix things, methinks some people would do better lobbying for action in the UK than popping up all over an expat site picking arguments.
Yes but that's not really the view that's ever been propogated apart from ONE person who never phrases stuff well anyway!!

Giving up is better, is it? Good on you! What an asset you must be!

Positive action never eventuates without a positive attitude.

Rule number one of life.

Last edited by creepycrawley; Feb 20th 2010 at 7:32 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
"3. Increase the retiring age to 68. Almost certainly going to happen"

What do you mean "almost certainly"? The plan is already being executed.
I was right then
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:36 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

What services are they? I don't think I'm entitled to any services any more (above and beyond what any tourist could get) despite the humongous amount I paid in tax when I was there.

Just in case you're referring to the state pension. Remember that is something that is specifically paid for, so is not a gift of the state.
No, I meant services like consular assistance, being rescued when sh1t happens etc.

Eg:

DAKAR, Senegal - Two British Royal Air Force planes left Senegal for the Sierra Leone capital of Freetown on Thursday to evacuate British nationals after an increase in fighting around the city, officials said

SIX British naval vessels, led by the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious (R06) and amphibious ship HMS Bulwark (L15), were by 20 July off the Lebanon, beginning the process of taking to safety more than 4,000 UK citizens and those others who had registered an interest in leaving the Lebanon

The people in many cases are actually dual citizens who have only tenuous links to the UK, but wave passport when things look sticky.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:46 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by creepycrawley
Yes but that's not really the view that's ever been propogated apart from ONE person who never phrases stuff well anyway!!

Giving up is better, is it? Good on you! What an asset you must be!

Positive action never eventuates without a positive attitude.

Rule number one of life.

Mate, as I told you, I my comment referred to a specific post. I dont give a stuff what you think about it. Not my problem mate.

As for me giving up, go read my 25 year thread – since you are posting there too.

As I said, I make the best out of what life hands me.

The glass is neither half full not half empty, but is a refreshing drink.

That my rule number one.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:49 pm
Not allowed opinions.

"3. Increase the retiring age to 68. Almost certainly going to happen"

What do you mean "almost certainly"? The plan is already being executed.
Really?????

Well, I guess if 50 is the new 40, then 75 is the new 65.

I stuck at 32 a long time ago. Well thats what i tell girls....
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I meant services like consular assistance, being rescued when sh1t happens etc.

Eg:

DAKAR, Senegal - Two British Royal Air Force planes left Senegal for the Sierra Leone capital of Freetown on Thursday to evacuate British nationals after an increase in fighting around the city, officials said

SIX British naval vessels, led by the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious (R06) and amphibious ship HMS Bulwark (L15), were by 20 July off the Lebanon, beginning the process of taking to safety more than 4,000 UK citizens and those others who had registered an interest in leaving the Lebanon

The people in many cases are actually dual citizens who have only tenuous links to the UK, but wave passport when things look sticky.
Okay. Forgot about that. Can I get an exemption as I can't get it here and would probably get it from or through the Australian government if I'm elsewhere?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:53 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

Mate, as I told you, I my comment referred to a specific post. I dont give a stuff what you think about it. Not my problem mate.

As for me giving up, go read my 25 year thread – since you are posting there too.

As I said, I make the best out of what life hands me.

The glass is neither half full not half empty, but is a refreshing drink.

That my rule number one.
The problem arose when you chose to base your assessment of the perfectly reasonable thinking of the many (''prosecuted for their stupidity'') on the poor phrasing of the few.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

Really?????

Well, I guess if 50 is the new 40, then 75 is the new 65.

I stuck at 32 a long time ago. Well thats what i tell girls....
The plan is in place. I won't get anything till I'm 66 and my wife, who's 3 years younger, won't get it until she's 67.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:56 pm
Banned

Anyway, in the final analysis I don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks about the UK and you can all condemn the UK to your hearts' content for all I care.

I love the UK and always will and will likely live there again one day - and love doing so.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:09 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Anyway, in the final analysis I don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks about the UK and you can all condemn the UK to your hearts' content for all I care.

I love the UK and always will and will likely live there again one day - and love doing so.
Mate, no one is condemning the UK. Jesus Christ, my entire family live there, and its still home to me.

What I am NOT going to do is stick my head in the sand (or up my anatomy) and not accept what is obvious from even a cursory glance at the UK right now. It had big problems.

Optimistic denial of the facts and blindly thinking that everything is going to work out ok is a recipe for disaster.

Before you can fix the problem you need to accept it:

“Hi, Im UK, and I have a debt problem”......

Or do you think the UK doesn’t have a problem…?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:15 pm
Banned

Mate, no one is condemning the UK. Jesus Christ, my entire family live there, and its still home to me.

What I am NOT going to do is stick my head in the sand (or up my anatomy) and not accept what is obvious from even a cursory glance at the UK right now. It had big problems.

Optimistic denial of the facts and blindly thinking that everything is going to work out ok is a recipe for disaster.

Before you can fix the problem you need to accept it:

“Hi, Im UK, and I have a debt problem”......

Or do you think the UK doesn’t have a problem…?
Can you show me where I have said the UK does not have problems? Of course you can't.

Can you show me where I have said optimism alone will solve things? Of course you can't.

I have advocated positivity NOT in assessing the problems but in dealing with them.

What aspect of that are you struggling with?

Last edited by creepycrawley; Feb 20th 2010 at 8:18 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:45 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Can you show me where I have said the UK does not have problems? Of course you can't.

Can you show me where I have said optimism alone will solve things? Of course you can't.

I have advocated positivity NOT in assessing the problems but in dealing with them.

What aspect of that are you struggling with?
Mate you are getting very confused here.

“Optimistic denial of the facts and blindly thinking that everything is going to work out ok is a recipe for disaster” – relates to the OP post about “Positive attitude makes money”.

“Or do you think the UK doesn’t have a problem…?” - was a question intended for you, because you had not stated you point. You have just, by accepting that the UK had problems.

You seem to be struggling mate, not me.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:50 pm
Banned

Mate you are getting very confused here.

“Optimistic denial of the facts and blindly thinking that everything is going to work out ok is a recipe for disaster” – relates to the OP post about “Positive attitude makes money”.

“Or do you think the UK doesn’t have a problem…?” - was a question intended for you, because you had not stated you point. You have just, by accepting that the UK had problems.

You seem to be struggling mate, not me.
But I've said countless times that the UK has problems in several threads. So what leads you to think that I think it doesn't? The sheer fact that I do not echo your negative outlook?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

The plan is in place. I won't get anything till I'm 66 and my wife, who's 3 years younger, won't get it until she's 67.
Don't worry those 2 years will fly in.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kporte
Don't worry those 2 years will fly in.
Especially when you've only got 15 left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.