Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:14 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
Time for another bottle and a laugh with Musso.
That's the best post I've read in ages
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:54 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Mate, if you want to be offensive find somewhere else to personally attack me.

You have no idea of my reading skills or comprehension skills.

Play the ball - which in this case is the economic crisis in Europe, or take your offensive attitude elsewhere.
Oh, so I can't be offensive but you can be?? Is that it??

And I quote:

''Its such a bloody joke that the proponents should be prosecuted for stupidity.''

Your words, were they not?

Hypocrite alert, pal.

Don't get preachy with me until your own posts are above board.

Last edited by creepycrawley; Feb 19th 2010 at 2:57 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:14 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by creepycrawley
Oh, so I can't be offensive but you can be?? Is that it??

And I quote:

''Its such a bloody joke that the proponents should be prosecuted for stupidity.''

Your words, were they not?

Hypocrite alert, pal.

Don't get preachy with me until your own posts are above board.
If you read my post you will see that I did not identify the individuals and referred to “the proponents”.

You on the other hand quoted my post then made a comment about my education.

One was a generalist statement about people who believe in “positive thinking”, the other was a personal attack.

Either way, this thread is discussing the European financial crisis, not educational standards.

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion......
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:21 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

If you read my post you will see that I did not identify the individuals and referred to “the proponents”.

You on the other hand quoted my post then made a comment about my education.

One was a generalist statement about people who believe in “positive thinking”, the other was a personal attack.

Either way, this thread is discussing the European financial crisis, not educational standards.

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion......
So attacking several people, who would know full well that you were referring to them, calling their opinions ''a bloody joke'' and suggesting that they be ''prosecuted for stupidity'' represents 'fair play' whereas what I said does not?

Disagree with your reasoning there mate because it strikes me as a little 'one rule for me, another for you' but if that's how you see it then carry on.

Last edited by creepycrawley; Feb 19th 2010 at 3:26 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:45 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

So attacking several people, who would know full well that you were referring to them, calling their opinions ''a bloody joke'' and suggesting that they be ''prosecuted for stupidity'' represents 'fair play' whereas what I said does not?

Disagree with your reasoning there mate because it strikes me as a little 'one rule for me, another for you' but if that's how you see it then carry on.
Ok, I have to agree with you, and although I didn’t target an individual in my comment, I will step up to the mark and say “ I am sorry” to anyone who felt offended.

Sorry mate.

On a more practical note: I’m thinking positively about my bank overdraft and getting a date with Rihanna.

She keeps saying no, and the bank statements aren’t getting any better.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:14 pm
Banned

Ok, I have to agree with you, and although I didn’t target an individual in my comment, I will step up to the mark and say “ I am sorry” to anyone who felt offended.

Sorry mate.

On a more practical note: I’m thinking positively about my bank overdraft and getting a date with Rihanna.

The point is that no one proposed positive thinking is sufficient on its own. All that was said is that constantly stating that ''the UK is finished'' over and over again (as certain BE posters are doing) is not constructive in anyway, shape or form. Things might look bad on paper, but where there is a will there is a way. If there is no will (e.g. ''the UK is finished - so there'') only THEN will there be no way forward.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

He's probably just bored of the same people running the UK/Europe down again and again with the same points said in the same way.
Who's running down the UK/Europe?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Who's running down the UK/Europe?
I think Slaphead and I are referencing another thread to a large extent here.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:43 pm
ABCDiamond

I thought it was in relation to this comment on here, calling people in general deluded... ?
Originally Posted by kevin747
It's so sad that some of you are so deluded and can't afford to choose where to live(think about that) that you run a place down that you profess to have no interest in returning to.
The uk provides many great oppertunities for some depending on your profession.

Keep taking the medication and enjoy the great southern utopia

Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:38 pm
Not allowed opinions.

The point is that no one proposed positive thinking is sufficient on its own. All that was said is that constantly stating that ''the UK is finished'' over and over again (as certain BE posters are doing) is not constructive in anyway, shape or form. Things might look bad on paper, but where there is a will there is a way. If there is no will (e.g. ''the UK is finished - so there'') only THEN will there be no way forward.
Be fair here CreepyCrawly:

Backagen clearly said:

I have the solution!

The way that Britain will be able to become great again is when the British people stop being so negative about their own country and start being proud of it again! Positive attitude makes money!!!

I don't want to sound like a hippocrite here because I'm often quite negative about certain things myself, but I'd like to think I'm a realist and also an optimist where there is reason to be optimistic.

The best reason to be optimistic about the future of the economy is precisely because that optimism is what will make it boom again.

• Positive attitude makes money!!!
  • optimism is what will make it boom again

Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry mate.

You may have more luck when I chuck her. Her umbrella gets on my nerves now.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:53 pm
Banned

Be fair here CreepyCrawly:

Backagen clearly said:

I have the solution!

The way that Britain will be able to become great again is when the British people stop being so negative about their own country and start being proud of it again! Positive attitude makes money!!!

I don't want to sound like a hippocrite here because I'm often quite negative about certain things myself, but I'd like to think I'm a realist and also an optimist where there is reason to be optimistic.

The best reason to be optimistic about the future of the economy is precisely because that optimism is what will make it boom again.

• Positive attitude makes money!!!
  • optimism is what will make it boom again

I think you are misinterpreting backagen based on poor phrasing - which he/she sometimes tends to fall down on, unfortunately.

My interpretation of backagen's comments is that, WITHOUT POSITIVITY progress, change and improvement will never be possible and I think that is a perfectly valid and logical attitude.

Being negative about the UK is basically akin to throwing your hands up and being defeatist. It's never over until it's over.

Bloody good job those who lived through World War II didn't have the attitude of people like hereandthere towards the UK because we'd all be speaking German now if that had been the case.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:49 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by kporte
You may have more luck when I chuck her. Her umbrella gets on my nerves now.
Well thats it then.

Im not touching anything you have been sniffing.

I will stick with Beyonce in that case
Old Feb 20th 2010, 12:05 pm
Not allowed opinions.

I think you are misinterpreting backagen based on poor phrasing - which he/she sometimes tends to fall down on, unfortunately.

My interpretation of backagen's comments is that, WITHOUT POSITIVITY progress, change and improvement will never be possible and I think that is a perfectly valid and logical attitude.

Being negative about the UK is basically akin to throwing your hands up and being defeatist. It's never over until it's over.

Bloody good job those who lived through World War II didn't have the attitude of people like hereandthere towards the UK because we'd all be speaking German now if that had been the case.
The difference then was ownership and accountability.

Try suggesting conscription in the UK now. Go to the unemployment office and tell them they have to go to defend the Falkland Isles. See what happens.

Some chav in a Jamaican patois speaking gangsta rap will tell you that you cant do that, he “got rights man”.

Try telling everyone they are going to be rationed at basic sustenance levels. (I still have my old ration card, and I was born in late 1953!!!!) Half would be rioting and the other half would be returning to some former colony saying “not my problem man, I’m not part of this”.

Try to keep a country running when the population are getting 2-3 hours sleep a night in a wet cold Anderson shelter. Then having to work 12 hour shifts for stuff all money in a munitions factory. Oh yes, after the shift finishes they are on fire watch duties on the roof. And when they get home they have to dig Mrs Jones body out of what was her house before it was hit.

Unions would shut the factory, OH&S would stop you for digging out Mrs Jones, and the International Court of some crap or other would stop you from sleeping in a wet cold shelter.

Do you think the UK is still like this? Positive thinking or not.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.