Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The first mistake in the bible!

The first mistake in the bible!

Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:24 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The first mistake in the bible!

Originally Posted by Wol
Oh dear, Ark: you are falling into the same mindset as the biblebashers!

The simplest explanations are usually the correct ones: it's easy to concoct conspiracy theories by taking small insconsistencies, add a little speculation and end up with christianity, islam or we-never-went-to-the-moon!

The classic way that religions fool the masses....
Yeah, it was a very interesting video and like Arkon and others say - if true we're knackered.

I'm a structural engineer so it's pretty interesting to me - the way buildings collapse etc. I must admit that having watched the videos of the collapse (countless times - as everyone has - whether you want to or not) it doesn't strike me as a collapse which looks 'manufactured' - if that's the right way of putting it. The collapse was from the top and the 'domino' effect did the rest - the monumental loads imposed on the structure by each floor collapsing onto the next would see off any building.

Also - I seem to remember that one of the other buildings adjacent to the site was indeed purposefully demolished as it was in such a bad way??? Might have made that up and I have no idea if it was WTC 7 but ring's a bell with me.

The cutting of the main columns - could this not have been done after the collapse to aid removing debris?

Hmmm. Not discounting any of the theories outright - but as Wol says, it's easy to construct conspiracy theories about stuff like this and I'm sure there are thousand of people around the world dedicated to it!

Graham
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:42 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
No I wouldnt think watching it at work'd go down 2 well.
I'll try n u know, post u a copy if you want. Worth the watch.
Basically - control of the populace through the ages by the powerful few, through whatever means - starts with religions, then onto section on 9/11 & war against terror, then onto control of popuation via those in control of money - bankers etc. Gets scarier n scarier.
pm me if you want me to send it
Here guys and girls, I've just discovered a guy called pat condell on you tube.

Says it like it is.... the second one is on muslims, all worth a look. I'm back off to youtube to watch some more of his stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LStcajxvb_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSZYN8UV6yg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4ObP_rzrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKcx0biHPR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8PCecgWKeI

Last edited by arkon; Jul 5th 2007 at 10:53 am.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Here guys and girls, I've just discovered a guy called pat condell on you tube.

Says it like it is.... the second one is on muslims, all worth a look. I'm back off to youtube to watch some more of his stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LStcajxvb_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSZYN8UV6yg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4ObP_rzrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKcx0biHPR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8PCecgWKeI
Hes brilliant, thanks for posting them Arkon
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:44 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I just got this email from a Christian:

MY DEAR BELOVED IN CHRIST,

GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. I AM MRS LUCIA KOAME, A WIDOW TO LATE DAVID KOAME. I AM 56 YEARS OLD, I AM NOW A NEW CHRISTAIN CONVERT, SUFFERING FROM LONG TIME CANCER OF THE BREAST, FROM ALL INDICATION MY CONDITIONS IS REALLY DETERIORATING AND IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT I WON'T LIVE MORE THAN 2 MONTHS, ACCORDING TO MY DOCTORS, THIS IS BECAUSE THE CANCER STAGE HAS GOTTEN TO A VERY BAD STAGE. MY LATE HUSBAND KILLED DURING THE U.S. RAID AGAINST TERRORISM IN AFGHANISTAN, AND DURING THE PERIOD OF OUR MARRIAGE WE COULD'NT PRODUCE ANY CHILD.

MY LATE HUSBAND WAS VERY WEALTHY AND AFTER HIS DEATH, I INHERITED ALL HIS BUSINESS AND EALTH. THE DOCTORS HAS ADVISED ME THAT I MAY NOT LIVE FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS, SO I NOW DECIDED TO DEVIDE THE PART OF THIS WEALTH, TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHURCHS IN AFRICA, AMERICA ASIA, AND EUROPE. I SELECTED YOU AFTER VISITING THE WEBSITE AND I PRAYED OVER IT.

I AM WILLING TO DONATE T HE SUM OF $10,000.000.00U.USD (TEN MILLION
UNITED STATES DOLLARS) TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED. PLEASE I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT FUND IS LYING IN A SECURITY COMPANY IN EUROPE, AND UPON MY INSTRUCTION, MY ATTORNEY, WHO PRESENTLY IS IN LONDON WILL FILE IN AN APPLICATION FOR YOU FOR THE TRANSFER OF THE MONEY IN YOUR NAME.LASTLY, I HONESTLY PRAY THAT THIS MONEY WHEN TRANSFERRED WILL BE SURE FOR THE SAID PURPOSE, BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO FIND OUT THAT WEALTH ACQUISITION WITHOUT CHRIST IS VANITY.

MAY THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE SWEET FELLOWSHIP OF GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

I AWAIT URGENT REPLY.
YOURS IN CHRIST,

MOTHER LUCIA KOAME.

Of course, if I believed, I would help out!

Andrew
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:18 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Well, I just got this email from a Christian:

MY DEAR BELOVED IN CHRIST,

GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. I AM MRS LUCIA KOAME, A WIDOW TO LATE DAVID KOAME. I AM 56 YEARS OLD, I AM NOW A NEW CHRISTAIN CONVERT, SUFFERING FROM LONG TIME CANCER OF THE BREAST, FROM ALL INDICATION MY CONDITIONS IS REALLY DETERIORATING AND IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT I WON'T LIVE MORE THAN 2 MONTHS, ACCORDING TO MY DOCTORS, THIS IS BECAUSE THE CANCER STAGE HAS GOTTEN TO A VERY BAD STAGE. MY LATE HUSBAND KILLED DURING THE U.S. RAID AGAINST TERRORISM IN AFGHANISTAN, AND DURING THE PERIOD OF OUR MARRIAGE WE COULD'NT PRODUCE ANY CHILD.

MY LATE HUSBAND WAS VERY WEALTHY AND AFTER HIS DEATH, I INHERITED ALL HIS BUSINESS AND EALTH. THE DOCTORS HAS ADVISED ME THAT I MAY NOT LIVE FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS, SO I NOW DECIDED TO DEVIDE THE PART OF THIS WEALTH, TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHURCHS IN AFRICA, AMERICA ASIA, AND EUROPE. I SELECTED YOU AFTER VISITING THE WEBSITE AND I PRAYED OVER IT.

I AM WILLING TO DONATE T HE SUM OF $10,000.000.00U.USD (TEN MILLION
UNITED STATES DOLLARS) TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED. PLEASE I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT FUND IS LYING IN A SECURITY COMPANY IN EUROPE, AND UPON MY INSTRUCTION, MY ATTORNEY, WHO PRESENTLY IS IN LONDON WILL FILE IN AN APPLICATION FOR YOU FOR THE TRANSFER OF THE MONEY IN YOUR NAME.LASTLY, I HONESTLY PRAY THAT THIS MONEY WHEN TRANSFERRED WILL BE SURE FOR THE SAID PURPOSE, BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO FIND OUT THAT WEALTH ACQUISITION WITHOUT CHRIST IS VANITY.

MAY THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE SWEET FELLOWSHIP OF GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

I AWAIT URGENT REPLY.
YOURS IN CHRIST,

MOTHER LUCIA KOAME.

Of course, if I believed, I would help out!

Andrew
looks like a nigrian type fraud to me. Aimed at a gullable christian and we all know theres no such thing as one of them.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Had she managed to send that without any typos I might have felt the urge to help her
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:09 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

I think the real proof is that it's far too complex for the US government to have pulled off successfully
Same with the moon landing rubbish, if bill Clinton can't keep a blow job secret then how the hell would they keep all this to themselves !

Originally Posted by iPom
I don't know how we get onto the 9/11 conspiracy, but there are sites out there run by physicists and engineers who pooh pooh the whole ridiculous building collapse conspiracy.
It's out there, just google.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Thanks

I think the real proof is that it's far too complex for the US government to have pulled off successfully
lol, Very good point

Last edited by birdynumnum; Jul 6th 2007 at 1:43 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:40 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Thanks

Same with the moon landing rubbish, if bill Clinton can't keep a blow job secret then how the hell would they keep all this to themselves !
I don't think that the moon landings conspiracy theory holds water myself. Despite all of the evidence to the contrary, one huge piece of evidence points to the fact that they did happen.

The moon landings took place at the height of the cold war and the space race. The USSR would have been watching the moon landings like hawks, just to watch the Americans screw up. They would have been monitoring communication frequencies and if there was one hint that the yanks hadn't landed there, then they would have been the first to go public on it and decry the American space program as a pile of chuff. I think the fact that they didn't is proof enough that the landings took place as described.

S

Last edited by Swerv-o; Jul 6th 2007 at 1:43 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:24 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who thinks that the moon landings weren't faked should take a look at this. The evidence is compelling.

http://stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_la...n_landings.htm

Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:34 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Anyone who thinks that the moon landings weren't faked should take a look at this. The evidence is compelling.

The Soup Dragon did it.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:35 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

Love those guys!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:40 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
That's it I remembered the line in the thread "Have you ever been to Gippsland?"
The thread I was referring to earlier was Carl's one about Consanguineous Relationships
How sad is that! the bloody thread is over a year old
BE is your own religion
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:42 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It's just in the genes. You inherit particular traits from your parents. Some are dominant, and some are recessive. The dominant ones are more common - like brown eyes, so they 'over rule' the the recessive ones.

You inherit one colour instruction from one parent, and the other from another. It's the way that the species maintains variation, which is why we all look different, despite being of the same species. That's why it is important to breed liberally, so that there is a a good cross mixing of genes. If you breed within a small community, then the genes start to be defective, and you end up like the royal family, or people from Portland.

S
I know about where WE inherit our eye colour from what I meant to say was if we all came from one couple ( according to the bible adam and eve ) then how did we end up with different colour eyes and hair and skin etc......
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:45 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by esperanza
It would depend on whether the 'genetic defect' was a congenital condition caused by a recessive gene. Usually, conditions caused by recessive genes are rare because they are usually canceled out by a dominant gene from the other partner. Get a couple who are closely related together to breed and there is a much higher chance they will carry the same recessive gene, thus the offspring suffer from some condition or another.
I have a feeling that there's another reason why inbreeding causes problems, but I can't think of the science behind it...
If you're talking about genetic mutation though then I can't see how that would be increased by a smaller gene pool.... unless nature is clever enough to respond to genetic problems by mutating? That would surely have to happen over time on a societal level though, not within individual families.

(I have worked with kids in an area where there were some very close families - some cases were quite 'interesting'. Tragic for the children though.)
Yes I think that's what I was thinking of - problems caused by a recessive gene.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.