Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The first mistake in the bible!

The first mistake in the bible!

Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all
Default Re: The first mistake in the bible!

Did you know the story of Lot, who was a god fearing man who lived in Sodom and Gomorrah? Two angels came down from heaven to warn him of the destruction of the city, and the locals (men) saw them enter and demanded that Lot bring them out so "we may know them". Yes, "know them" means what you think it means.

Lot bravely refuses to do this, but instead offers his daughters "they have not known men, i will bring them unto you and do to them what is good in your eyes!" (Genesis 19 7-8).

and Lot is meant to be a righteous man and the only one worthy of saving!

Theres hope for us all yet!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:29 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Did you know the story of Lot, who was a god fearing man who lived in Sodom and Gomorrah? Two angels came down from heaven to warn him of the destruction of the city, and the locals (men) saw them enter and demanded that Lot bring them out so "we may know them". Yes, "know them" means what you think it means.

Lot bravely refuses to do this, but instead offers his daughters "they have not known men, i will bring them unto you and do to them what is good in your eyes!" (Genesis 19 7-8).

and Lot is meant to be a righteous man and the only one worthy of saving!

Theres hope for us all yet!
Nice to see this thread resurrected.

Hallelujah!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:01 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Nice to see this thread resurrected.
Hallelujah!
And with it .. you ... or is it me that hasn't been around so much lately...
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:23 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
No, me darling. Running and moving house, though not at the same time....

Wait... no, it was the same time.

Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough

I think if the bible was the real word of god.....it would be real easy to understand....being the creator of languages and all
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

...been a while since I was here as well.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:49 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...been a while since I was here as well.
The gang's all here. Dare I ask how it's going?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

The gang's all here. Dare I ask how it's going?
Its going OK, I suppose. Sat watching Reading and Everton and drinking a few beers... God knows why 'cos I couldn't care less about either of them.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:28 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
You just couldn't leave it alone, could you?

Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The perfect time of year to resurrect the thread
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Must you?

Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:39 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why? To celebrate the pagan festival that is Chrismas? Or because the whole religion thing is so weak it needs a regular reminder to all the sheep. Afterall the weak willed by the very definition must need constant re-brainwashing....Next someone will be suggestion they all herd together once a week say a sunday to wallow in a bit more brain washing....Happy Christmas all...
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the first mistake in most bibles printed these days is that the first page is missing:

All characters and events depicted are completely fictitious and are not based on any true person, living or dead.

(Gotta love Red Dwarf )
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Why? To celebrate the pagan festival that is Chrismas? Or because the whole religion thing is so weak it needs a regular reminder to all the sheep. Afterall the weak willed by the very definition must need constant re-brainwashing....Next someone will be suggestion they all herd together once a week say a sunday to wallow in a bit more brain washing....Happy Christmas all...
It's called sarcasm or irony or just a joke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.