Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Jul 10th 2012, 11:39 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

I wandered off to bed cricketless expecting a total wash-out, so it was a pleasant surprise to awake to a 4-0 drubbing.

SA next ... Should be good ...
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
What do you mean "STILL", summer hasn't bloody started
Don't worry, i will be arriving in the UK on the 26th July and will be bringing a very large dollop of sunshine and 30 degree temps......

Why is this series only 3 tests?? i know it's only a minor nation but you would think 4 would be better

My prediction.. 2-0 England

Looks like Bopara could make the team and bat at 6, i like the guy and if he can carry the form from this series into the Test he will be a good addition. I know he has had his chances before and never really come up with the goods but the guy has the talent and maybe now is his time.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:15 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Don't worry, i will be arriving in the UK on the 26th July and will be bringing a very large dollop of sunshine and 30 degree temps......

Why is this series only 3 tests?? i know it's only a minor nation but you would think 4 would be better

My prediction.. 2-0 England

Looks like Bopara could make the team and bat at 6, i like the guy and if he can carry the form from this series into the Test he will be a good addition. I know he has had his chances before and never really come up with the goods but the guy has the talent and maybe now is his time.
I've always had a soft spot for Bopara, but he does tend to get easily bullied against good seam bowling. SA have arguably the best, if not second best seam attack in the world right now and I think he wouldn't do too well against the Saffas. I'd rather see Morgan brought back in tbh. He is better against pace than he is spin, so would be more suited to facing up to the SA attack. I do see the all-rounder argument for choosing Ravi, but if we have to rely on his bowling V SA then there is something fundamentally wrong with Jimmy, Stewie and Bres.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I've always had a soft spot for Bopara, but he does tend to get easily bullied against good seam bowling. SA have arguably the best, if not second best seam attack in the world right now and I think he wouldn't do too well against the Saffas. I'd rather see Morgan brought back in tbh. He is better against pace than he is spin, so would be more suited to facing up to the SA attack. I do see the all-rounder argument for choosing Ravi, but if we have to rely on his bowling V SA then there is something fundamentally wrong with Jimmy, Stewie and Bres.
So what's your prediction for the series?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 7:16 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

So what's your prediction for the series?
2-1, England

With these two attacks, even English weather it will be hard to get a draw.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:45 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Australia were completely outplayed in all games, England just have such a strong team at the moment with so many players in the wings able to step in whereas Australia just lack depth and seem to rely on the old hands to try and pull them through.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brett Lee retired from all forms of international cricket today. Fantastic career and a bloody good bowler who caused England many problems over the years. Think he stands at number 4 on the all time aussie wicket taking list.

Thanks for the memories Mr Lee.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 10:18 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Highly profligate at test cricket. He personifies Australian bowling. Good at the WACA and expensive elsewhere.
Brett Lee retired from all forms of international cricket today. Fantastic career and a bloody good bowler who caused England many problems over the years. Think he stands at number 4 on the all time aussie wicket taking list.

Thanks for the memories Mr Lee.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 11:30 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

KP now wants to play all forms of cricket ... What a joke, maybe the success in his absence has got to him?

Leave him out in the cold and build a side without him, they are progressing fine.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 3:56 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by DeadVim
KP now wants to play all forms of cricket ... What a joke, maybe the success in his absence has got to him?

Leave him out in the cold and build a side without him, they are progressing fine.
not really how things happened though. According to Cricinfo, the ECB have to name their squad for the T20 tournament by next week, they approached KP to check whether he was sure about his decision.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 5:25 pm
Mostly Harmless

not really how things happened though. According to Cricinfo, the ECB have to name their squad for the T20 tournament by next week, they approached KP to check whether he was sure about his decision.
It's still a joke ... Build a solid squad, move on.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 5:58 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by DeadVim
It's still a joke ... Build a solid squad, move on.
even the world's number one T20 batsman?
Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

even the world's number one T20 batsman?
But cricket is still a team game and after recent results it would seem the team has moved on.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

The weather don't look too promising for the Eng v SA test on Thursday.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:32 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
The weather don't look too promising for the Eng v SA test on Thursday.
Maybe they should relocate to Spain It'd be a shame to have the series skewed by rain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.