Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old May 18th 2012, 12:27 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Good morning for England and perfect timing by me - pressed Go on the treadmill as Broad began his runup for the last wicket and then STOP as Cook chopped onto his stumps.

I forsee an afternoon of cricket on my laptop coming up
Old May 18th 2012, 11:08 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Weather permitting, this series will be 3-0 to England.
You'd expect so ... WI will fight but don't have either the batting or bowling firepower, especially in English conditions.

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Good morning for England and perfect timing by me - pressed Go on the treadmill as Broad began his runup for the last wicket and then STOP as Cook chopped onto his stumps.

I forsee an afternoon of cricket on my laptop coming up
I listened to TMS until lunch and that was me out like a light.

I awoke to good news, especially for Strauss.
Old May 18th 2012, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
You'd expect so ... WI will fight but don't have either the batting or bowling firepower, especially in English conditions.

I listened to TMS until lunch and that was me out like a light.

I awoke to good news, especially for Strauss.
I was and still am hoping for a decent display from WI, especially as i thought they were fairly competitive against Australia. Unfortunately things not looking great so far but still early days and hopefully they can turn things around. They didn't get much practice in due to some poor weather. After growing up with that team they had in the seventies they will always have a soft spot in my cricketing heart.

Well done Strauss you needed that and may it be the first of many this summer.

Yay TMS special is working again on Tune in Radio.....
Old May 19th 2012, 3:24 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
I was and still am hoping for a decent display from WI, especially as i thought they were fairly competitive against Australia. Unfortunately things not looking great so far but still early days and hopefully they can turn things around. They didn't get much practice in due to some poor weather. After growing up with that team they had in the seventies they will always have a soft spot in my cricketing heart.

Yup, I discovered this after I had renewed my VPN for a month ... hey ho, might watch a bit of live UK TV for nostalgia's sake ...
Old May 19th 2012, 6:20 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Thought the WI bowlers kept it fairly tight and didn't let the run rate get out of hand. Unfortunately for them they don't seem to have an out and out strike bowler, at least not in these conditions. England to bat them out of the game today and hope tomorrows forecast weather doesn't arrive

Tough choices today, Championship playoff final, Jock cup final or a Cricket all afternoon followed by CL final
Old May 19th 2012, 6:27 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

But they are now playing the No1 team

I was and still am hoping for a decent display from WI, especially as i thought they were fairly competitive against Australia. .
Old May 19th 2012, 11:34 am
Shiny Arse Know All

4 wickets in 90 mins for the WI think I'll keep my predictions to myself from now on
Old May 19th 2012, 12:45 pm
Mostly Harmless

4 wickets in 90 mins for the WI think I'll keep my predictions to myself from now on
They'll be right as long as the weather holds, keep the faith
Old May 20th 2012, 10:06 pm
Mostly Harmless

Windies in with a chance thanks to Chanderpaul ... Should be an interesting last day ... Are we playing in the Middle East again?
Old May 21st 2012, 7:18 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Windies in with a chance thanks to Chanderpaul ... Should be an interesting last day ... Are we playing in the Middle East again?
Think the F5 key will be taking a battering today
Old May 21st 2012, 7:33 am
Mostly Harmless

Think the F5 key will be taking a battering today
TuneIn Radio for me ... TMS is region free for this series

If it gets really tight I may find a 'tinternet video stream.
Old May 21st 2012, 1:39 pm
Mostly Harmless

Never in doubt, good fight by the Windies though ... one up
Old May 21st 2012, 4:50 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

Never in doubt, good fight by the Windies though ... one up
Trent Bridge on Fri but will just watch on TV, unless I win a ballot for free tickets
Old May 22nd 2012, 12:15 am
Mostly Harmless

Trent Bridge on Fri but will just watch on TV, unless I win a ballot for free tickets
Good luck with that one
Old May 26th 2012, 12:34 am
Mostly Harmless

Windies 304-6, looking good for the decent total, England will have to scrap for this one as the wicket looks pretty flat right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.