The Cricket Thread

Old Aug 6th 2019, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

The reality is England would have won had they won the toss.

Like all Ashes in England, it will come down to the best tosser.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 2:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz

You may have a point, but if I tried saying it was down to the toss you could quite rightly call it a case of sour grapes. The Aussies deserved the win because they showed more spirit and patience, onto the next one I suppose and fingers crossed England sort themselves out and step up to the plate.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 3:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Partly agree but test cricket is littered with examples of good teams losing tosses that were vital to win, and still winning

Losing Anderson - one of the best bowlers in the world - early, before he made an impact was a blow
Their spinner, Ali was hopeless. Australia's was on fire on Day 5
And of course, Smith

I'm no fan of either team but a truly great win IMO

Last edited by Amazulu; Aug 6th 2019 at 4:55 am.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Partly agree but test cricket is littered with examples of good teams losing tosses that were vital to win, and still winning

Losing Anderson - one of the best bowlers in the world - early, before he made an impact was a blow
Their spinner, Ali was hopeless. Australia's was on fire on Day 5
And of course, Smith

I'm no fan of either team but a truly great win IMO
Yes, but when sides are evenly matched the wash up is generally who gets the choice of when they bowl in order to take those 20 wickets.

I wasn't sure if they were going to be evenly matched. I thought England would have been well and truly ahead, especially at home, in English conditions.

I think the Aussie selectors got the bowling attack absolutely spot on. Whilst Starc and Hazelwood are no mugs, in England they just haven't quite got there in the past in tests. I was a bit sceptical about Siddle but he does bring constant line and length, holding up one end.

I suspect to see a lot more grass on the pitch for Lords.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
You may have a point, but if I tried saying it was down to the toss you could quite rightly call it a case of sour grapes. The Aussies deserved the win because they showed more spirit and patience, onto the next one I suppose and fingers crossed England sort themselves out and step up to the plate.
This is going to be a rollercoaster of a series. It could even come down to day 5 of the 5th test like 2005. Let's hope so for the spectical.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 12:34 am
Account Closed

This is going to be a rollercoaster of a series. It could even come down to day 5 of the 5th test like 2005. Let's hope so for the spectical.
That would be special indeed , fingers crossed
Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope the umpires get some new spectacles!
Old Aug 9th 2019, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Full Page Ad in the Mirror today.....Got to laugh when the banter gets to this level So what's your Vegemite or Marmite?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 9th 2019 at 5:28 am.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Full Page Ad in the Mirror today.....Got to laugh when the banter gets to this level So what's your Vegemite or Marmite?

Quality, love it
Old Aug 10th 2019, 5:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Great stuff - and Vegemite really is better too
Old Aug 16th 2019, 12:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Great stuff - and Vegemite really is better too
As a proud and unashamed Marmite lover , I actually agree with this, the spreadability was a revelation.
Old Aug 16th 2019, 6:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
As a proud and unashamed Marmite lover , I actually agree with this, the spreadability was a revelation.
I like Marmite too but much prefer Vegemite
Old Aug 18th 2019, 2:55 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Booing Smith when he’s injured isn’t cool at all.

Here speaks someone that took a bouncer to the chin in his last game.

Compulsory helmets from next season ...

It’s been an interesting Test, watching England bat is painful.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DeadVim

the booing the was very annoying and as you say pretty uncool, they should hang their heads in shame.
The English batsmen collectively look scared for some reason, it's quite odd for professional cricketers.
Archer though, he was playing some sweet sweet chin music and he ended up making Smith look as scared as the pond do. He might have a weak spot afterall, although to be fair if you throw something at me at 95mph, I'd shit myself too.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim

I started wearing a lid after Phil Hughes died. Also the eyes were getting a bit old. I hated it at first but you do get used to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.