Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Final stage....... informed by email, visa granted this morning, nearly 15 months from lodgement -19th Dec 05. Just to evidence the passports now in Nicosia, going on Monday!
Book the flights on Monday as well, Australia here we come (hopefully 29th March)!
Apartment sold, furniture sold, packers organised - just the car now. So however complicated it seems......it can be done. All it takes is perseverance and lots and lots of patience.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:05 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DerekM
Final stage....... informed by email, visa granted this morning, nearly 15 months from lodgement -19th Dec 05. Just to evidence the passports now in Nicosia, going on Monday!
Book the flights on Monday as well, Australia here we come (hopefully 29th March)!
Apartment sold, furniture sold, packers organised - just the car now. So however complicated it seems......it can be done. All it takes is perseverance and lots and lots of patience.
YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHH, great news derek. have a great day. hope to see you soon in the land of OZ.....

XXX
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:47 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

**** ing hell, Derek - you've cracked it. Many many congratulations and a few of these

Once you've got your feet under the table in Avolonia (still going there?) - give us a shout and we'll arrange to meet up.

Once again -

Jim
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Derek,we are now in KANWAL on the central coast we will have to have a meet up when you get settled.
best wishes Janet
Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Derek,

I have just read that you have your visa. Congratulations, I am so pleased for you.
I am waiting for a medical letter to get to Perth(again) so John and I are trying to be positive. Once again many congratulations.
Linda and John.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Janet,

Hope you found house o.k. in Wyong! Where do you eventually want to settle? It is must be very unsettling for you to keep moving around. We have been very fortunate to be able to rent a furnished house from a family who have gone to NZ for three months. It is near family so we get our regular cuddles from baby Jack. Also we have found a house. Very centrally based for everything in Charlestown! Container cleared and is waiting in store for us. We move into our new home on 15th March and can't wait.
If you would like to meet up sometime we would be happy to meet you say halfway somewhere between Newcastle and Wyong?? It would be interesting to share experiences eh?
Am using library facilities at the moment so keeping messages short.
Best wishes, Linda & Keith
Hi Linda hope you have now settled in to your new home,I looked on the meet up thread and they are having one on the 30th in terrigal so I think we will go to that not sure if that is to far away from you but would be nice to meet up with a few people from the contributory thread .
regards Janet
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Hi Janet, well the move has worked out well -- so far!!! Goods arrived safe and sound today to our new home and we are thrilled with the house and the neighbours and also very impressed with Allied Pickfords - first class service from start to finish and no damages!!!
Having a rest from unpacking at the moment and doing the boring things like banking, shopping etc... Will look up Terrigal and I think it might be possible to meet up there - could you give directions, location and times please - haven't been on a meet-up yet so yes it would be fun and very interesting!!! How are you liking the Autumn in Oz - bit like mid summer in U.K. eh?

Still can't believe we are actually living the dream, can you? To think that just 12 months ago we were all fretting that we hadn't heard anything from POPC. All came right in the end though!!! Hope we will eventually meet up.
Please keep us posted. Regards Linda
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Janet, well the move has worked out well -- so far!!! Goods arrived safe and sound today to our new home and we are thrilled with the house and the neighbours and also very impressed with Allied Pickfords - first class service from start to finish and no damages!!!
Having a rest from unpacking at the moment and doing the boring things like banking, shopping etc... Will look up Terrigal and I think it might be possible to meet up there - could you give directions, location and times please - haven't been on a meet-up yet so yes it would be fun and very interesting!!! How are you liking the Autumn in Oz - bit like mid summer in U.K. eh?

Still can't believe we are actually living the dream, can you? To think that just 12 months ago we were all fretting that we hadn't heard anything from POPC. All came right in the end though!!! Hope we will eventually meet up.
Please keep us posted. Regards Linda
Hi Linda have sent you a pm
Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Just been reading all the posts on this thread for contributory parents, nice to see I am not the only one waiting and worrying about medicals, we have a long wait yet I think as we only applied in september, so thats 6 months ago.
Congratulaions to those of you who have made past the waiting and are on your way. I long to be near my daughter an grandchildren. We are going out for a month at end of april so hopefully that will pass a bit of the waiting time. We will be going to riverhills where my daughter and hubby lived, but whether we will get a renatl there i don't know but we will rent somewhere not to far from them if we get accepted.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:53 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
Just been reading all the posts on this thread for contributory parents, nice to see I am not the only one waiting and worrying about medicals, we have a long wait yet I think as we only applied in september, so thats 6 months ago.
Congratulaions to those of you who have made past the waiting and are on your way. I long to be near my daughter an grandchildren. We are going out for a month at end of april so hopefully that will pass a bit of the waiting time. We will be going to riverhills where my daughter and hubby lived, but whether we will get a renatl there i don't know but we will rent somewhere not to far from them if we get accepted.
hi, i didnt think there were too many left what are now waiting for med/pccs request. my parents application was acknowledged begininning of december, so your application will be a good yardstick for us. please keep us informed as to how you are going on. have a great time in april

i have even thought about starting a new parent contributory visa thread. what does everyone think? it seems like most people on this thread have now got their visas, and it is now hard to see who hasnt yet.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

It might be a good idea to start a new one , it took me ages to go through it all. where abouts are you in oz, and where do your parents reside
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:57 pm
Never going back

It might be a good idea to start a new one , it took me ages to go through it all. where abouts are you in oz, and where do your parents reside
mum and dad are still back at home in lancashire, saving desperately. 3 out of 4 children are in NSW, about a 2 hour drive north of sydney. whereabouts are you and yours?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

my daughter and family stay in riverhills, a suburb of brisbane. My hubby and I are in shetland, and we are trying hard to save also. we hope to sell our house , before we go. Going to visit was a need, i miss them so much and the waiting is awful
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:12 pm
Never going back

my daughter and family stay in riverhills, a suburb of brisbane. My hubby and I are in shetland, and we are trying hard to save also. we hope to sell our house , before we go. Going to visit was a need, i miss them so much and the waiting is awful
awhhh molly, i know how you are feeling. my oldest brother migrated some 14 years ago with the only grandchild (at the time). it broke my mum/dads hearts. they used to borrow children and take them out somewhere, just for some contact. how long are you in australia for?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck Molly I know how awful the waiting is took us 12 months we arrived here november and our first grandchild is due in August we left our oldest son in England but hope he will join us later best wishes to you.
Janet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.