Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:52 am
  #571  
An Australian Citizen !!
 
Jimclevs's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Terrigal - NSW Central Coast since June 2005
Posts: 1,237
Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=FRAYNE;4357998]
Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh View Post
Hi thanks for all the replys we have been downt to gosford and so many other places my head is spinning we looked at so many house most of them were grotty lovely photos but when we got there not so nice we are only looking for a rental at the moment we havent sold our house yet there were lots of nice ones to buy,we have to be out of here by the end of the month and its a pain going down to the central coast and back all the time we stayed over night this time and we will have to go back down next week,we too want to be nearer Sydney our son lives there and we are going to be grandparents for the first time in august.
Janet
Janet

If we can help you out at all - doing outside reccies of properties or whatever down here - just give us a shout. Its no trouble.

Regards

Jim
Jimclevs is offline  
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:12 pm
  #572  
BE Enthusiast
 
FRAYNE's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
Posts: 788
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=Jimclevs;4358223]
Originally Posted by FRAYNE View Post

Janet

If we can help you out at all - doing outside reccies of properties or whatever down here - just give us a shout. Its no trouble.

Regards

Jim
Thanks Jim thats very kind of you, we will proberbly come down again Monday or Tuesday we did drive past a house in Mardi near the westfields shopping centre that looked okay but it was to late to get a viewing so will hopefully look at that,not sure what the area is like to live in though.
Janet
FRAYNE is offline  
Old Feb 4th 2007, 9:45 pm
  #573  
An Australian Citizen !!
 
Jimclevs's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Terrigal - NSW Central Coast since June 2005
Posts: 1,237
Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=FRAYNE;4359349]
Originally Posted by Jimclevs View Post
Thanks Jim thats very kind of you, we will proberbly come down again Monday or Tuesday we did drive past a house in Mardi near the westfields shopping centre that looked okay but it was to late to get a viewing so will hopefully look at that,not sure what the area is like to live in though.
Janet

Janet

Have just sent you a PM - hopefully !

Regards

Jim
Jimclevs is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:02 am
  #574  
BE Enthusiast
 
FRAYNE's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
Posts: 788
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=Jimclevs;4363722]
Originally Posted by FRAYNE View Post


Janet

Have just sent you a PM - hopefully !

Regards

Jim
Jim I have sent you a pm thanks for the help
Janet
FRAYNE is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:43 pm
  #575  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Essex - Devon - Charlestown, NSW
Posts: 192
budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=FRAYNE;4357998]
Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh View Post
Hi thanks for all the replys we have been downt to gosford and so many other places my head is spinning we looked at so many house most of them were grotty lovely photos but when we got there not so nice we are only looking for a rental at the moment we havent sold our house yet there were lots of nice ones to buy,we have to be out of here by the end of the month and its a pain going down to the central coast and back all the time we stayed over night this time and we will have to go back down next week,we too want to be nearer Sydney our son lives there and we are going to be grandparents for the first time in august.
Janet
Hi Janet, have been off-line for so long now and was staggered to hear your news re the banking probs. Ouch!! What a shock? Well we finally arrived here in Oz on 12th January. All has gone well so far. We are staying in a rented property until 22nd April and at the time of typing, Emma, our daughter-in-law is literally about to produce our first grandchild. She went into hospital this evening - 12 days overdue! So watch this space......
We too have been house-hunting until our heads spin. We have been up as far as Nelson Bay and have been looking around Lake McQuarie and the areas around Newcastle. Some houses are really lovely with tiny gardens and overlooked, or lovely gardens and grotty houses but I am sure we will find something eventually!!!! Gets depressing though eh? There was a time a couple of weeks ago when I wondered if we had really done the right thing?
Guess we will have these thoughts from time to time but overall I think we have made the right decision to come over. Just need to give ourselves a little more time to settle and once we have our own home again it will be o.k.
The purchase system here in Oz is quite different to the U.K. Another learning curve!! Am beginning to wonder if it would be better to rent for a complete year before making a purchase or just go ahead if the right property comes up.

Regards Linda
budababes is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:56 pm
  #576  
BE Enthusiast
 
FRAYNE's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
Posts: 788
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=budababes;4374046]
Originally Posted by FRAYNE View Post

Hi Janet, have been off-line for so long now and was staggered to hear your news re the banking probs. Ouch!! What a shock? Well we finally arrived here in Oz on 12th January. All has gone well so far. We are staying in a rented property until 22nd April and at the time of typing, Emma, our daughter-in-law is literally about to produce our first grandchild. She went into hospital this evening - 12 days overdue! So watch this space......
We too have been house-hunting until our heads spin. We have been up as far as Nelson Bay and have been looking around Lake McQuarie and the areas around Newcastle. Some houses are really lovely with tiny gardens and overlooked, or lovely gardens and grotty houses but I am sure we will find something eventually!!!! Gets depressing though eh? There was a time a couple of weeks ago when I wondered if we had really done the right thing?
Guess we will have these thoughts from time to time but overall I think we have made the right decision to come over. Just need to give ourselves a little more time to settle and once we have our own home again it will be o.k.
The purchase system here in Oz is quite different to the U.K. Another learning curve!! Am beginning to wonder if it would be better to rent for a complete year before making a purchase or just go ahead if the right property comes up.

Regards Linda
HI Linda,hope everything is well with the new grandchild, we are going to be grandparents for the first time in August cant wait,I must admit I have ben very home sick at times I miss my freinds some of whom Iv had for 20 years or more and the girls I worked with I think its because Iv to much time on my hands,we are going to look at a couple of rentals in Mardi on Friday we are trying to get a few on the same day as its a treck if you only see the one,we cant put our house on the market till march as we have tennants in there so we might be renting for a year as well,we will have to meet up when we finally get settled.
Janet
FRAYNE is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:30 pm
  #577  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 54
woodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nice
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Hi all
I have a question regards the parents visa
Can anyone tell me what sort of standards are applied regarding health checks.
We have two children who both live in Oz and we would love to join them.
Our problem is that my wifes health is not that good ,she has three main problems that require a fairly costly drug regime.

Does any one know how much the Australian's will allow before they reject someone.
Also does the fact that ALL our children are in Oz carry anymore weight.
We miss them all so much we are desperate to find a solution to our problem.
We have recently returned from our 4th visit. Its ironic that whilst we are in Australia my wifes health is always so much better.
Thanks for any information you may have.
woodring is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:01 pm
  #578  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 91
deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Hi Woodring,
I have sent you a PM.
Linda and John.
deci is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:51 pm
  #579  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
highhopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by woodring View Post
Hi all
I have a question regards the parents visa
Can anyone tell me what sort of standards are applied regarding health checks.
We have two children who both live in Oz and we would love to join them.
Our problem is that my wifes health is not that good ,she has three main problems that require a fairly costly drug regime.

Does any one know how much the Australian's will allow before they reject someone.
Also does the fact that ALL our children are in Oz carry anymore weight.
We miss them all so much we are desperate to find a solution to our problem.
We have recently returned from our 4th visit. Its ironic that whilst we are in Australia my wifes health is always so much better.
Thanks for any information you may have.
Hi,

We are two of many that are applying for Aus under the Cont parent scheme and we are presently chewing our nails whilst waiting for the requests for the medicals to arrive. Like you we both have concerns regarding our health "standards" and past problems. We too, have our only off-spring in Aus. We also would be very interested to hear from others who might have been in similar circumstances and how they finally got on......
Thanks for any info you might be prepared to offer
highhopes is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:33 pm
  #580  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 98
sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

I too have health issues. Won't feel confident about anything till medicals have been done and OK (or not!) Sent application off in June and no request for medicals yet.
sapphire3 is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:39 pm
  #581  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cambridge, Limassol - now Oz at "Avoca Beach" NSW
Posts: 300
DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by sapphire3 View Post
I too have health issues. Won't feel confident about anything till medicals have been done and OK (or not!) Sent application off in June and no request for medicals yet.
In order to be best prepared for the medical you should go to your GP and explain the situation and ask for a medical review and any specialist consultations required. Once you have all the medical treatment set up ie High BP tablets etc you can then hopefully go along to your medical without any surprises and all the supporting docs required. The more preparation you do now the less holdups later.....hopefully! :-)
DerekM is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:20 pm
  #582  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
highhopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Thanks for the advice. its sensible to speed up the process where possible and whenever the chance arises - every little bit helps.

Apologies if the subject became a little intense but the matter of medicals can be a huge concern, in fact the whole process of applying can become very frustrating, become a minefield of questions and be quite a drain on a persons ability to laugh about it all - but then I recognise everybody has has to go through it.

Fingers crossed for all...........
highhopes is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:10 am
  #583  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cambridge, Limassol - now Oz at "Avoca Beach" NSW
Posts: 300
DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

It is a long drawn out process, we lodged 21 Dec 05 and are hopefully on the last lap. We frontloaded the medicals after 6 months only to have a medical qualification raised and given 6 months validity which meant it had to be repeated 7 months later! We had also carried out our PCC's as we were leaving the UK but did not send them off. These also had to be repeated as they are only valid for 12 months.
There seems at the moment to be a built in delay of 9/10 months before a CO is appointed. So you have to quietly beaver away in the backgroung preparing for all these issues and others such as deciding when to put the house on the market - clearly not until you know you have passed the medical hurdle. Mind you it took me 12 months to clear my attic and garage!!! It was quite disconcerting to chuck out stuff that I had brought with me (just in case mind) from my move 20 years prior. So when we moved here it was the new slimline streamlined version ready to go! There are lots of things to research and do on the way as matters proceed such as money transfers, setting up bank a/cs, the Oz dollar has gone from 2.28 to 2.52 in the meantime which is a definite plus point.
This is all pretty basic info I know but we all go through it. Our GP was quite cooperative when we approached him about checkups prior to the actual medical. Consultant appointments can easily take 3 months to organise so it is best to start quite early if you feel its necessary as the first thing the CO asks you for is the medical.
Hope this helps, any questions fire away, there is a lot of information and support available here and its probably already been covered but its now a long thread and some updating of previous info does not go amiss.
Bye for now
Derek
DerekM is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:52 pm
  #584  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
highhopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Thanks Derek,

You have been a great help, I am sure others will feel the same.

So close to the winning post yourself, fingers crossed for news for you soon.
highhopes is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:02 am
  #585  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cambridge, Limassol - now Oz at "Avoca Beach" NSW
Posts: 300
DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Its Valentines Day and I dont know how to put swirly hearts and stars etc up here!
Got up early this morning, another days waiting, checking the post as usual, but its different this morning ......anyway had an email from Perth this morning........................Visa granted subject to payment of second VAC and signing of Form 815 again?
Target arrival date now 29th March. Swoon, rush out and buy some flowers, chocolats!!!!! Send emails all over the world.
DerekM is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.