Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi, i didnt think there were too many left what are now waiting for med/pccs request. my parents application was acknowledged begininning of december, so your application will be a good yardstick for us. please keep us informed as to how you are going on. have a great time in april

i have even thought about starting a new parent contributory visa thread. what does everyone think? it seems like most people on this thread have now got their visas, and it is now hard to see who hasnt yet.
Hi we are still waiting to hear back if we have been given a case officer yet the last letter we reiceved from oz was on the 11th july 2006 and every day you keep hoping a letter will arrive .We are desparate to get over there to see our family and our grandson again i feel he is growing up so fast and we are missing so muchof his life . I think it would be great to have a new thread and talk to other people at our stage in the process. thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:58 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ragtag
Hi we are still waiting to hear back if we have been given a case officer yet the last letter we reiceved from oz was on the 11th july 2006 and every day you keep hoping a letter will arrive .We are desparate to get over there to see our family and our grandson again i feel he is growing up so fast and we are missing so muchof his life . I think it would be great to have a new thread and talk to other people at our stage in the process. thanks.
i have started a new thread - see the following

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...87#post4543787

i have copied and pasted your details on the end of this, hope that is okay.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

i have started a new thread - see the following

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...87#post4543787

i have copied and pasted your details on the end of this, hope that is okay.
Hi thanks for doing that it will be great to keep up to date with everyone in the same boat now.Take care.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:24 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ragtag
Hi thanks for doing that it will be great to keep up to date with everyone in the same boat now.Take care.
you are welcome.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:18 am
Never going back

you are welcome.
okay, for those that have done this, i think we may have convinced mum/dad to put their house on the market and possibly move over here before their visa is issued (once they have had their medicals/police checks etc), and once their house is sold of course. now, this may take some months, as we all know. but, if lady fortune is on their side and they sell their house and come over, on what visitors visa do they come over on and how do they get it? they would then validate the visa in NZ as frayne did. they have had pre-medicals done at their doctors and x-rays, so their health situation looks fine and dandy, they meet the criteria okay (3 out of 4 children in australia), so, fingers crossed there shouldnt be any problems.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

okay, for those that have done this, i think we may have convinced mum/dad to put their house on the market and possibly move over here before their visa is issued (once they have had their medicals/police checks etc), and once their house is sold of course. now, this may take some months, as we all know. but, if lady fortune is on their side and they sell their house and come over, on what visitors visa do they come over on and how do they get it? they would then validate the visa in NZ as frayne did. they have had pre-medicals done at their doctors and x-rays, so their health situation looks fine and dandy, they meet the criteria okay (3 out of 4 children in australia), so, fingers crossed there shouldnt be any problems.
Hi SB I worked with pauline user name pinkme and she came over before the visa was issued her daughter is on this thread somewhere if you ask her im sure she will give you all the details
Janet
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi SB I worked with pauline user name pinkme and she came over before the visa was issued her daughter is on this thread somewhere if you ask her im sure she will give you all the details
Janet
SB forgot to say daughters user name is Tabby.
Janet
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Nearly there!
We leave on Thursday with Gulf Air for Sydney, car was sold yesterday, the final outstanding item. Had a bit of hassle with Gulf Air changing flights and schedules but we are now back on our original schedule!! Wonder whats going on with them? Handover our apartment Monday and now living out of suitcases....again and for the next few weeks/months I suppose till we get sorted?
Final bit of good news was a call from my youngest son to say he and his wife were granted their visa's on Wednesday! They have to be there by 30th June so big big family party coming up!
Hopefully we can meet many of you at the next Central Coast get together. We might go quiet for a while but keep beavering away all those still waiting and best wishes to all those who have achieved their goal.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:05 am
Never going back

Janet
thanks janet..................did you not come over before your visa was issued?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:08 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by DerekM
Nearly there!
We leave on Thursday with Gulf Air for Sydney, car was sold yesterday, the final outstanding item. Had a bit of hassle with Gulf Air changing flights and schedules but we are now back on our original schedule!! Wonder whats going on with them? Handover our apartment Monday and now living out of suitcases....again and for the next few weeks/months I suppose till we get sorted?
Final bit of good news was a call from my youngest son to say he and his wife were granted their visa's on Wednesday! They have to be there by 30th June so big big family party coming up!
Hopefully we can meet many of you at the next Central Coast get together. We might go quiet for a while but keep beavering away all those still waiting and best wishes to all those who have achieved their goal.
great news derek. have a good flight over. good news about your son as well. is he the last one to go over?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks janet..................did you not come over before your visa was issued?
Hi SB yes we came on a holiday visa we took the risk as we knew the visa was due to be issued but needed to be here for a wedding we went to NZ to get it issued but pauline got a 12 month visa then went to NZ to get it issued her daughter put it all on a thread round about page 20 if you can trawl through all that, good idea of yours to start a new thread for the people just starting,we old hats can still use the old thread
Janet
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE Sleeping Beauty;]great news derek. have a good flight over. good news about your son as well. is he the last one to go over?
Yes he's the last one so we will all be there now. All our children, my sister and her family are already there as well. Funny how for years we lead seperate lives on various sides of the world and now we are getting together again! Her children and our children had not seen each other for years and years and when they met a few years ago when grown up they got on like a house on fire!! They are really close now. Its wonderful.
Its worth all the effort, grind and frustration. Andrew finally applied last August (it was postponed for various reasons) and at one time we thought they would beat us to the visa! We won by 2 weeks!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:38 am
Never going back

Hi SB yes we came on a holiday visa we took the risk as we knew the visa was due to be issued but needed to be here for a wedding we went to NZ to get it issued but pauline got a 12 month visa then went to NZ to get it issued her daughter put it all on a thread round about page 20 if you can trawl through all that, good idea of yours to start a new thread for the people just starting,we old hats can still use the old thread
Janet
thanks janet. i kind of hoped i didnt pee people off on this thread, but most on here have got their visas now, and the length of the thread might put some people off going through it, to add their own details/thoughts.

was your holiday visa a 3 month ETA one janet?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:08 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DerekM
Nearly there!
Good news Derek.

If you really get your skates on, you'll just be in time for a Central Coast meet this Friday evening in Terrigal or, more realistically, for the next one whenever that will be!

If the pub in the centre of Mudgee that you recalled was The Oriental Hotel I can confirm that the food is excellent

See you over this side in due course.

Regards

Jim
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:24 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Good news Derek.

If you really get your skates on, you'll just be in time for a Central Coast meet this Friday evening in Terrigal or, more realistically, for the next one whenever that will be!

If the pub in the centre of Mudgee that you recalled was The Oriental Hotel I can confirm that the food is excellent

See you over this side in due course.

Regards

Jim
there you go derek, leave on thursday, then a meet on friday - talk about organised

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.