Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:23 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by DerekM
Its Valentines Day and I dont know how to put swirly hearts and stars etc up here!
Got up early this morning, another days waiting, checking the post as usual, but its different this morning ......anyway had an email from Perth this morning........................Visa granted subject to payment of second VAC and signing of Form 815 again?
Target arrival date now 29th March. Swoon, rush out and buy some flowers, chocolats!!!!! Send emails all over the world.

Derek

Many congratulations and a few of these............

Jim
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Its Valentines Day and I dont know how to put swirly hearts and stars etc up here!
Got up early this morning, another days waiting, checking the post as usual, but its different this morning ......anyway had an email from Perth this morning........................Visa granted subject to payment of second VAC and signing of Form 815 again?
Target arrival date now 29th March. Swoon, rush out and buy some flowers, chocolats!!!!! Send emails all over the world.
Congratulations happy valentines day,maybe when all the contributory parents are settled we could meet up for a drink or two.
Janet
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:25 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Congratulations happy valentines day,maybe when all the contributory parents are settled we could meet up for a drink or two.
Janet
YAY DEREK!!!!!!

some good news for you............valentines days as well..........enjoy it.......when are you submitting the 2nd vacs payment hun?

congratulations.
xx
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely fabulous! Have a wonderful day and celebrate in style. I'm sure everyone on this thread is excited and cheered on your behalf.

Nico
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nico
Absolutely fabulous! Have a wonderful day and celebrate in style. I'm sure everyone on this thread is excited and cheered on your behalf.

Nico
Hi everyone, remember me from approx October 2006 apart from the one reply I sent via my daughters computer (headed Mum of Twins), so glad to catch up on this thread again to see how everyone is getting on, wonderful news Derek-very happy for you.

After leaving UK on Nov 30th we arrived in Perth on Dec 5th via a few days stopover in Hong Kong en route. Wonderful to be with the family and grandchildren again, we found a property with the right amount of land that also had a suitable workshop premises ready for husbands business and by January 19th settlement was completed and the house became ours, I have never experienced such an easy process, no hitches at all. Our shipping container took exactly one month from UK to Perth, 3 weeks to clear customs (no grief thankfully-must have been all the Jeyes cleaning fluid and no extra charges to pay either) and we were able to have our things delivered to our new address and avoid paying storage charges. We have been extremely lucky in the whole process so I will pass that on for all of you.

Linda, I hope you are now a very proud Grandma, let us know.

Kind regards,
Carol
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations Derek, very pleased for you.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by carol haycock
Hi everyone, remember me from approx October 2006 apart from the one reply I sent via my daughters computer (headed Mum of Twins), so glad to catch up on this thread again to see how everyone is getting on, wonderful news Derek-very happy for you.

After leaving UK on Nov 30th we arrived in Perth on Dec 5th via a few days stopover in Hong Kong en route. Wonderful to be with the family and grandchildren again, we found a property with the right amount of land that also had a suitable workshop premises ready for husbands business and by January 19th settlement was completed and the house became ours, I have never experienced such an easy process, no hitches at all. Our shipping container took exactly one month from UK to Perth, 3 weeks to clear customs (no grief thankfully-must have been all the Jeyes cleaning fluid and no extra charges to pay either) and we were able to have our things delivered to our new address and avoid paying storage charges. We have been extremely lucky in the whole process so I will pass that on for all of you.

Linda, I hope you are now a very proud Grandma, let us know.

Kind regards,
Carol
Hi Carol and other parents,

Great to hear that all is well with you Carol!! Well we became proud grandparents to baby Jack on 8th February. All well and he is gorgeous.
We too have been very fortunate to find our new home - not so far from the young family and suits us perfectly!!! The sun is really shining on us!!!
Jack arrive during a cracker of a storm - the only rain we have seen since arriving on 12 Jan. Our container also cleared customs etc without hitches and we can have it delivered to our new home soon after 15 March. Life is great!! Love to you all. Linda &Keith
Old Feb 19th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Carol and other parents,

Great to hear that all is well with you Carol!! Well we became proud grandparents to baby Jack on 8th February. All well and he is gorgeous.
We too have been very fortunate to find our new home - not so far from the young family and suits us perfectly!!! The sun is really shining on us!!!
Jack arrive during a cracker of a storm - the only rain we have seen since arriving on 12 Jan. Our container also cleared customs etc without hitches and we can have it delivered to our new home soon after 15 March. Life is great!! Love to you all. Linda &Keith
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new grandson Linda,we are on the move again next week to Kanwal near Wyong I will be glad when we have sold our house and can buy something over here with hindsite we should of proberbly sold before we came but we are getting around a bit which is great.
Janet
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new grandson Linda,we are on the move again next week to Kanwal near Wyong I will be glad when we have sold our house and can buy something over here with hindsite we should of proberbly sold before we came but we are getting around a bit which is great.
Janet
So pleased to hear your fantastic news of baby Jack Linda, many congratulations and good luck with your new home, you will need to gather all your strength ready this next few weeks before your container is delivered-boxes,boxes and yet more boxes to unpack, I found it to be quite an emotional time seeing all your belongings set up in a different home, it takes time to adjust and settle but we are slowly getting there,
Keep posting on the thread how things are going for you,
Carol
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations on your new little grandson, Jack.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Sleeping Beauty;4402844]YAY DEREK!!!!!!

some good news for you............valentines days as well..........enjoy it.......when are you submitting the 2nd vacs payment hun?

congratulations.
Hi to all, payments, well!!!! I had arranged a bank a/c with ANZ 12 months ago, I know but I did not expect it to take this long, and checked with them about large future payments and was given a form to fill in and fax to them when required. I had transferred funds over ready since Nov, filled the form in and faxed it thru. To be told this morning that I had not signed a copy of their fax authorization form! Bloody ANZ! So now I have to send a letter by DHL instructing them to make out the cheque. Time is slipping by, have not received the official letters yet from DIC but postage round here takes 10/11 days, so some time this week. Then I can sign the Forms 815 and send them off by......... DHL. Sigh.
We have a flat and car available early April for 6 weeks, if we can make it. By the way to join the new Grandchild club, we had a new grandson...Jacob on the 10th Feb. Stephanie went swimming...20 lengths!! and she started on the way home! Not surprised.
So I say to all, hang on in there, it will all work out eventually. Hopefully my next contribution will be more positive.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Janet
Hi Janet,

Hope you found house o.k. in Wyong! Where do you eventually want to settle? It is must be very unsettling for you to keep moving around. We have been very fortunate to be able to rent a furnished house from a family who have gone to NZ for three months. It is near family so we get our regular cuddles from baby Jack. Also we have found a house. Very centrally based for everything in Charlestown! Container cleared and is waiting in store for us. We move into our new home on 15th March and can't wait.
If you would like to meet up sometime we would be happy to meet you say halfway somewhere between Newcastle and Wyong?? It would be interesting to share experiences eh?
Am using library facilities at the moment so keeping messages short.
Best wishes, Linda & Keith
Old Feb 28th 2007, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

We have had some good news today. My mum and dad have been asked to make the final payment for their visa application. I think after this all they will be asked to send their passports in for the stamps to be put in. I feel really happy and relieved that the process seems to be nearing its completion.

My mum and dad put their application in December 2005, though it was not validated until January, probably because of the winter mail rush. I hope this is useful info for those of you still waiting to hear about your visas.

My mum and dad have accepted an offer on their house, so hopefully everything will go smoothly and they will be out here in a few months.

Mum is here on holiday at the moment, so I am glad we know they should have the visas very soon. It will make saying goodbye that little bit easier.

Good luck to you all.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Checking my emails today, I discovered one from my agent to say my AoS has been asked for! Since my application went off in May 2006 (police checks and medicals included) I haven't heard anything, so this was not at all expected. The whole process seems to work in the most unpredictable manner. Will keep you all posted about what happens, but first there are some major problems to overcome on the assurance side (my planned assurer has a brain tumour, so I don't feel I can ask their family to follow through with this arrangement with all they are going through). Hope this means DIMA, or whatever they are now called, are finally clearing the backlog, and more of you will be hearing news soon.

I gave up booze for Lent, so can't even celebrate!

Nico
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

That is good news, then, Nico.

(That you have heard from DIMA, not that you have given up booze for Lent!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.