Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Dec 28th 2011, 7:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by rasen78
My, I'm in love

Back to work today
Back for more of the same tomorrow evening! And I had to empty the minibar fridge in my room to make room for the cheese and cherries I've bought and the champagne of course ...... Tricky one that, I must have tried 20 before I found the right one
The Taste festival is on every year..... Maybe you could abandon the kids with him one year once you've made the move and meet me down here for some cheese and wine

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Bread, cheese and wine.

I say, how wonderful.
I suspect I shall be rather like that by the end of the weekend
Old Dec 28th 2011, 7:35 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds bloody lovely
Enjoy!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 7:49 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Back for more of the same tomorrow evening! And I had to empty the minibar fridge in my room to make room for the cheese and cherries I've bought and the champagne of course ...... Tricky one that, I must have tried 20 before I found the right one
The Taste festival is on every year..... Maybe you could abandon the kids with him one year once you've made the move and meet me down here for some cheese and wine

I suspect I shall be rather like that by the end of the weekend
Only if u can still stand that is.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 7:56 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Only if u can still stand that is.
Ah yes, standing, that could become tricky! i hope work realise theres a high chance of me being still drunk when I turn up on Tuesday
Old Dec 28th 2011, 8:14 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes, standing, that could become tricky! i hope work realise theres a high chance of me being still drunk when I turn up on Tuesday
Only if u turn up on Tuesday that is.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 8:43 pm
Home and Happy

Only if u turn up on Tuesday that is.
Well you know my track record with flights.....
Old Dec 28th 2011, 10:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I swear Tassie's taste Festival saw me coming..... wine glasses on a neck strap to make it easier to hold them, bags of assorted wonderful cheese (none of that "tasty" junk, cherries soaked in Pinot Noir, and more wine to taste than even i could manage in a weekend! i'm in heaven!! Must book my flights for next year
I used to love going to the BBC Good Food show for that very reason, always started on the wine tasting as it meant after tasting about 20, I coukld go round the rest of the show eating the free food on offer, and end up well fed, and sober so I could drive home.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 10:43 pm

Well you know my track record with flights.....
Old Dec 30th 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Watching Chelsea Arse commentary on BBC site, Forest v Leeeeeeeeds on Forest Player through headphones, talk about multi-tasking!

Still twittering while multi-tasking? This one worth a follow?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-released.html
Old Dec 30th 2011, 9:55 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by General Tojo
Still twittering while multi-tasking? This one worth a follow?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-released.html
I'll look at it properly later when I've stopped wondering why I've decided to see the New Year in on a boat in the middle of the river The boat should be fun, getting on and off it should be .... Errr.... interesting
Old Dec 30th 2011, 10:00 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

I'll look at it properly later when I've stopped wondering why I've decided to see the New Year in on a boat in the middle of the river The boat should be fun, getting on and off it should be .... Errr.... interesting

Hiya Gang.

Hope you had a great Christmas, and looking forward to the New Year.

I am currently trawling through this site looking for ANY info on becoming an International Mature Apprentice and how I go about it???
I think it is either that, or becoming a student that will give me the best chance of coming over to Australia permanently.

Any help would be hugely appreciated xxxx

Last edited by GingerDom; Dec 30th 2011 at 10:25 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 12:00 am
Home and Happy

Happy New Year from Tasmania- its 2012 here on this lovely island
Old Dec 31st 2011, 4:24 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Happy New Year from Tasmania- its 2012 here on this lovely island

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD EVENING!!
Old Dec 31st 2011, 12:02 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by GingerDom
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD EVENING!!
P*ssed as the proverbial rat mate, but I didn't fall in the river, which was quite an achievement!!!

Happy New Year to you too

Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

More than a bit concerned about the connection between me and fires in Hobart......

A few years back I was standing outside Myers when the fire broke out that destroyed the city's biggest department store. Scary to watch how powerful the flames were, lit up the skyline for hours.
Last night the fire alarms went off on the boat at about 23.30, just as we were passing under the Tasman Bridge. That's the bridge which was hit by the Lake Illawarra in 1975 and the ship is still down there - right underneath the spot where we were when the alarms went off. The crew said it was a new system and they couldn't work out how to use it
There were a lot of Japanese-looking tourists running round screaming - all still taking photos - as the crew unconcernedly took the bread out of the toaster and threw it overboard Bloke next to me voiced my thought that it was a bit spooky though, being right over the Illawarra at the time!

Now its lunchtime the next day, alarms are sounding all over the city and there are lots of fire engines racing past (well, lots is relative, this is Hobart, so about 6!!) Am I a jinx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.