Wikiposts

First Update

Old May 8th 2013, 1:32 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First Update

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
you've probably lost another 5lbs with all the walking and bus trips and general rushing about

Thank god for those all week bus passes eh?

I know. they're the best invention... They even have monthly, and yearly ones too! Sometimes when someone gets on the bus and say's 'Can I get a Day Saver' which is £4 I want to yell ' Get a weekly ticket you fool. It's only £13, so save yourself some money.. If they're buying a day saver every day for 7 days for example, that's £28. Can't they do the math??
Old May 8th 2013, 1:35 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windsong
What a busy, busy day you have had! No wonder you are tired!!! Still, with buses you can sit back and relax, although it's still very tiring.

That's TWO job opportunities you have under your belt in under three weeks. Good going!!!!
Thanks love..it's amazing what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it.. I can sort of relax on a bus, because I'm not doing the driving and navigating the traffic, but I'm too scared to close my eyes in case I fall asleep and miss my stop.. Although that probably wouldn't be bad because the bus just goes into Rochdale, turns around and comes back again, so I'd probably wake up and be close to home and not even wonder why I'm on the opposite side of the road..
Old May 8th 2013, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
[/COLOR]

I know. they're the best invention... They even have monthly, and yearly ones too! Sometimes when someone gets on the bus and say's 'Can I get a Day Saver' which is £4 I want to yell ' Get a weekly ticket you fool. It's only £13, so save yourself some money.. If they're buying a day saver every day for 7 days for example, that's £28. Can't they do the math??
But...I only need the bus for one day.
But...I only have £4

Cheers
Old May 8th 2013, 1:56 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by cheers
But...I only need the bus for one day.
But...I only have £4

Cheers
Ok, so those are reasonable comments then...
Old May 8th 2013, 1:59 am
Yorkshire Lass

Ok, so I've just cancelled the return portion of my airline ticket. OMG!

The ticket itself was non-refundable but they're going to calculate the taxes and charges and refund me some of that. The annoying part is the refund is going to go back to the same card I used to pay for the ticket in the first place. It's just too bad that i cancelled that account, but BA said there's nothing they can do about it, they can't just send me a check here! They said it HAS to go back to the original card. So I have to wait until I get a confirmation email from them, with the amount - THEN I have to contact Wells Fargo to let them know it's coming and then get Wells Fargo to send me a check...which I know they're going to just send to my friends address in Arizona. Good grief! What a right pain in the arse !!
Old May 8th 2013, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so those are reasonable comments then...
Did you get a cell phone?
Old May 8th 2013, 2:05 am
Yorkshire Lass

Did you get a cell phone?
No I already had my unlocked IPhone with me, so it was just a case of choosing the plan I wanted and getting the SIM card !
Old May 8th 2013, 2:16 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Today I finished updating my address at the Dr's office, after first going back to the bank to get a letter from them to show the new address. Amazing how you always need to provide PROOF of something. Oh sure I just moved in on Saturday and you expect me to have a bank statement, phone bill, utility bill already? Really???

I also popped into O2 and asked about their monthly plans. At the moment I'm with 'talk mobile' athough it comes up Vodafone UK when I turn the phone on, so I hope that's not because I used a pre-paid SIM when I was in London last year because that was with Vodafone. Anyway, the plan I'm on at the moment has good talk rates, but I pay 25p per text message and no data package, but with O2 they gave me a good deal for £20 per month, with unlimited UK calls to both mobile and landlines, unlimited texts and 1GB of data, plus free WiFi when in an O2 area. That's roughly what I am paying with the current SIM, so it seemed to make more sense to go with an unlimited plan. I just have to go back into tomorrow when my account has been fully integrated into the system and they're going to 'port' my number over from the Vodafone (Talk Mobile) service, so that way I don't have to change my phone number with absolutely EVERYONE ! Plus I was amazed that I passed the credit check...

Naturally I popped into Gregg's on the way to the bus station and picked up a couple of sausage, egg and bacon sausage rolls I like how dogs are allowed on the buses (at the driver's discretion of course.) and I can sit there on the way home and eat my sausage roll !

So all I need to do now is get tomorrow over and done with, pop into Rochdale Council while I'm there and ask about the electoral roll and then wait the required number of days to change my drivers license over, go back into Oldham and get the mobile phone number ported over and I'm almost done! lol Oh and next on the list is contacting BA and cancelling the return portion of my ticket..lol. Hopefully I can get a partial refund of the taxes and charges portion of the ticket ! Every little bit helps, especially as the taxes were more expensive than the actual cost of the fare.

It's bye bye sunshine and hello rain clouds and rain! I could swear i even saw a snowflake this morning..lol, but possibly wishful thinking. Two days of sunshine...not bad - must be a record
Busy packing and not much time to write but I have been reading your posts. to everything!

My brother uses pay as you go with Virgin - 15 quid a month for unlimited texts and data, not sure how much talk time. You might want to look into that. He did quite a bit of research before he picked that plan.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow and congratulations on being amazing
Old May 8th 2013, 2:23 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Busy packing and not much time to write but I have been reading your posts. to everything!

My brother uses pay as you go with Virgin - 15 quid a month for unlimited texts and data, not sure how much talk time. You might want to look into that. He did quite a bit of research before he picked that plan.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow and congratulations on being amazing

Thanks love.. xx I did the search around too, and O2 had better coverage, and I'd heard some bad things about Virgin...so decided to go with O2! Oh well, I'm not tied into anything, so I can always change it later if the service isn't up to scratch...lol Oh and good luck with the packing...not long to go now huh?

Last edited by WhoFan63; May 8th 2013 at 2:26 am.
Old May 8th 2013, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

No I already had my unlocked IPhone with me, so it was just a case of choosing the plan I wanted and getting the SIM card !
Is it an iphone?
Old May 8th 2013, 2:44 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks love.. xx I did the search around too, and O2 had better coverage, and I'd heard some bad things about Virgin...so decided to go with O2! Oh well, I'm not tied into anything, so I can always change it later if the service isn't up to scratch...lol Oh and good luck with the packing...not long to go now huh?
My son is using O2 with his iPhone in UK as well. Works great for him.
Old May 8th 2013, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Is it an iphone?
?
Old May 8th 2013, 5:10 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
My son is using O2 with his iPhone in UK as well. Works great for him.
Yes I've heard good things about O2 and I liked the 'unlimited' for everything deal..lol.
Old May 8th 2013, 5:11 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by rebs
?
Old May 8th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks love..it's amazing what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it.. I can sort of relax on a bus, because I'm not doing the driving and navigating the traffic, but I'm too scared to close my eyes in case I fall asleep and miss my stop.. Although that probably wouldn't be bad because the bus just goes into Rochdale, turns around and comes back again, so I'd probably wake up and be close to home and not even wonder why I'm on the opposite side of the road..
Happened to me recently.
I was reading something on bus that was so absorbing that I was 3 miles past my stop before I realised I had missed my stop.
I got off at next stop and caught one going back the other way.
Thank heavens for Bus Passes, the mistake cost me nothing but a bit of time.
I am too embarrassed to tell the missus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.