First Update

Old May 23rd 2013, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

LOVE those dogs!!! The black one is just like one of mine only the one in the photo is a bit bigger than my dog House looks fabulous, too!!
Old May 25th 2013, 5:55 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Today was such a BEAUTIFUL day, that I decided it was too nice to stay in doors. So I grabbed my backpack, put in a couple of water bottles, chocolate, crisps and a sandwich and set off. I ended up in York... No I didn't walk all the way there, I walked to Rochdale train station and caught the train..and two hours later I was in York, walking around and enjoying the sights. We passed through a few places along the way of course like Bradford, Leeds and Halifax to name a few, and on the way back I took photo's from the train.

So I've posted the photo's onto shutterfly and here is the link if you want to go take a look:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AcNmbZszatWzow

I will warn you there are about 137 of them... You'll note that some of them look the same. Those are the ones I've taken from a moving train and literally set the camera to take one photo after another. I think it was on a setting to take action shots, so a moving train seemed perfect...lol

I've had a ball today and walked myself stupid..lol But I can cross York off my to-do list. Next weekend I'm going to go to Hebden Bridge, which we passed through on the way to York, because it's so gorgeous that I want to go and spend some time there instead of passing through. Camera in hand of course.

Hope you enjoy the photo's. It's work again tomorrow, so I'm going to go sit and put my feet up and enjoy my cuppa.. lol

P.S. I got to wear my 'skinny jeans' Whoo Hoo! Plus a shirt I've not been able to fasten in a while.. Feeling good!!

Last edited by WhoFan63; May 25th 2013 at 6:04 am.
Old May 25th 2013, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

wow, great pictures Looked like the weather was gorgeous. Blue skies and busy streets, everyone out and about enjoying the day. Makes me homesick but so glad you are enjoying yourself and you got to wear your "skinny jeans" yippee. sounds like a great day and then having a cuppa and putting your feet up a good way to end your day. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos with us..
Old May 25th 2013, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your photos, Linzi How lovely to be able to jump on a train, sit back and relax and go wherever you choose. I can't wait to experience that

How much has changed for you in just - what is it - five weeks now? WOW!
Old May 25th 2013, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Today was such a BEAUTIFUL day, that I decided it was too nice to stay in doors. So I grabbed my backpack, put in a couple of water bottles, chocolate, crisps and a sandwich and set off. I ended up in York... No I didn't walk all the way there, I walked to Rochdale train station and caught the train..and two hours later I was in York, walking around and enjoying the sights. We passed through a few places along the way of course like Bradford, Leeds and Halifax to name a few, and on the way back I took photo's from the train.

So I've posted the photo's onto shutterfly and here is the link if you want to go take a look:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AcNmbZszatWzow

I will warn you there are about 137 of them... You'll note that some of them look the same. Those are the ones I've taken from a moving train and literally set the camera to take one photo after another. I think it was on a setting to take action shots, so a moving train seemed perfect...lol

I've had a ball today and walked myself stupid..lol But I can cross York off my to-do list. Next weekend I'm going to go to Hebden Bridge, which we passed through on the way to York, because it's so gorgeous that I want to go and spend some time there instead of passing through. Camera in hand of course.

Hope you enjoy the photo's. It's work again tomorrow, so I'm going to go sit and put my feet up and enjoy my cuppa.. lol

P.S. I got to wear my 'skinny jeans' Whoo Hoo! Plus a shirt I've not been able to fasten in a while.. Feeling good!!
Loved the pictures!!! Skinny jeans - yay!!!
Old May 25th 2013, 1:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Great pictures.
I can't wait to see it all for myself.
Old May 26th 2013, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Next weekend I'm going to go to Hebden Bridge, which we passed through on the way to York, because it's so gorgeous that I want to go and spend some time there instead of passing through. Camera in hand of course.
Good choice. If you have time, take the little local bus (hardly bigger than a minibus) up to the village of Heptonstall above Hebden Bridge, it's a real hidden gem with superlative views, picture perfect cottages, a ruined church in the centre of the village and a couple of good pubs as well. You can walk back down the old pack-horse trail to Hebden Bridge (I've walked it up but it's seriously challenging to the cardiovascular system!).
Old May 26th 2013, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Loved the photos, especially the ones from the train!

I really admire the way you are always off out on another adventure!
Old May 26th 2013, 6:11 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windsong
I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your photos, Linzi How lovely to be able to jump on a train, sit back and relax and go wherever you choose. I can't wait to experience that

How much has changed for you in just - what is it - five weeks now? WOW!
Yes it was 5 weeks this past Wednesday.. lol Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?? Mr D is going into Leeds next Thursday and as I'll be off work he's asked if I wanted to go with him for a wander.

It's absolutely wonderful to just go to the train station and say 'Hmm, wonder where I want to go today'...lol. Plus it was only a 2hr train journey and I can always do the same and pop into London for the weekend.. With planning AND money of course, I'm not limited to where I can go...and it feels WONDERFUL! I feel free for the first time in so long ! It's a truly great feeling!
Old May 26th 2013, 6:13 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by morayeel
wow, great pictures Looked like the weather was gorgeous. Blue skies and busy streets, everyone out and about enjoying the day. Makes me homesick but so glad you are enjoying yourself and you got to wear your "skinny jeans" yippee. sounds like a great day and then having a cuppa and putting your feet up a good way to end your day. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos with us..
It was just the perfect day to get out and about, and I'm so glad you liked the pictures. I really enjoy taking my camera because I know there are those out there who will appreciate them..lol

I'm still chuffed that I got to wear my skinny jeans.. I'm pretty sure I walked with more confidence and I had a 'wiggle' going on...
Old May 26th 2013, 6:15 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Loved the pictures!!! Skinny jeans - yay!!!
Glad you liked em love...yep, finally got into my skinny jeans. I was stood in the bedroom looking in the mirror saying 'OMG OMG OMG' every couple of seconds... Well they're 'skinny jeans' for me at least.. One step at a time..
Old May 26th 2013, 6:17 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Great pictures.
I can't wait to see it all for myself.
Won't be long love..and then it will be YOU posting wonderful pictures of all the places you'll be seeing and I will be the one commenting about how great they are and wanting to go see for myself.. Soon....very soon!
Old May 26th 2013, 6:22 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Good choice. If you have time, take the little local bus (hardly bigger than a minibus) up to the village of Heptonstall above Hebden Bridge, it's a real hidden gem with superlative views, picture perfect cottages, a ruined church in the centre of the village and a couple of good pubs as well. You can walk back down the old pack-horse trail to Hebden Bridge (I've walked it up but it's seriously challenging to the cardiovascular system!).
I saw the little buses while I was at the train station, so I don't think I'd risk walking UP, at least not until I'm a lot fitter than I am now. I saw people coming down, at least I think they were coming down from somewhere because they had hiking boots on and backpacks. If you're at the station looking towards Leeds or at least in the direction the train is going towards Leeds, they were on the left hand side. I can't wait - it's going to be fun! Thanks for the suggestions too love.. I've written it all down so I know where I'm going and what I'm looking for. Plus I'll have my camera at the ready to give me an excuse to pause and snap photo's as well as rest the cardiovascular system..
Old May 26th 2013, 6:25 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by NiHao
Loved the photos, especially the ones from the train!

I really admire the way you are always off out on another adventure!
Well apart from the £20 it cost for the return ticket from Rochdale to York, I didn't spend a penny. I'd packed a lunch and some drinks etc and I was off. It was a great way to spend the day and I definitely got to see some beautiful countryside. I feel that now that I'm home I'm truly free to do what I want and when the weather is as lovely as it was that day - staying indoors just doesn't seem an option. There'll be plenty of time to stay indoors and curl up with a good book when it's raining - although knowing me, even the rain won't stop me going out - it hasn't so far.. Not the best weather for taking photo's though.
Old May 26th 2013, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes it was 5 weeks this past Wednesday.. lol Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?? Mr D is going into Leeds next Thursday and as I'll be off work he's asked if I wanted to go with him for a wander.

It's absolutely wonderful to just go to the train station and say 'Hmm, wonder where I want to go today'...lol. Plus it was only a 2hr train journey and I can always do the same and pop into London for the weekend.. With planning AND money of course, I'm not limited to where I can go...and it feels WONDERFUL! I feel free for the first time in so long ! It's a truly great feeling!
I can't wait to get back to this feeling of being free!!! I know exactly what you mean!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.