Wikiposts

First Update

Old Jul 18th 2013, 7:48 am
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice
Default Re: First Update

Originally Posted by cheers
We were on a Aer Lingus flight out of Dublin to LHR. After we were all loaded on the plane they found the plane had a mechanical problem so after working to correct the problem for about an hour and a half they had to transfer all the passengers to another plane. I wont go into all the details of trying to find a part and trying to scavenge a part from another plane.....

Well as far as I can remember Heathrow has always under construction. To get from terminal 1 to terminal 5 takes about 20 minutes on a shuttle bus I think then you have to get from the bus let off stop to where you need to get to. More time.

May I ad that we tried to get an earlier flight out of Dublin but the airline geniuses don't allow that. We pointed out that it could alleviate a problem if the scheduled flight was delayed and we missed our connection.

An airport is an airport you say. ??????

Cheers
Cheers, I must have missed the part where you spent some of your time in Ireland. I thought you were in England the whole time.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sile
Cheers, I must have missed the part where you spent some of your time in Ireland. I thought you were in England the whole time.
Our schedule was a bit crazy but we just passed through Dublin to save a lot of money in air fare.

Sounds dumb but we drove from Newbury to Holyhead and took the 2:20 am ferry to Dublin, got off the ferry and went direct to Dublin Airport to take the flight to Heathrow. Sounds maybe dumb but multiply the savings among 5 people.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Lestergirl will become famous soon enoughLestergirl will become famous soon enough

Hi cheers, just to pick your brains then.. if you dont mind.. so it was cheaper to fly from Dublin to LHR to your destination in the USA? Is that the way you came here.. could you have not go on that plane in LHR and skip the Dublin bit, or was it supposed to be a direct flight from Dublin to USA..
I am always on the look out for cheaper ways to fly my 3 here etc.x
Old Jul 20th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lestergirl
Hi cheers, just to pick your brains then.. if you dont mind.. so it was cheaper to fly from Dublin to LHR to your destination in the USA? Is that the way you came here..yes could you have not go on that plane in LHR and skip the Dublin bit, or was it supposed to be a direct flight from Dublin to USA.. No
I am always on the look out for cheaper ways to fly my 3 here etc.x
It would have been a lot more convinient to have flown from LHR but they can or will bill you the higher fare. I don't know for sure but I don't want to find out the hard way.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Emmbritt123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whofan

loved reading your updates. I've just come back from Arizona, I was there for 29 miserable years, but 32 years total in U.S. I feel 'normal' here....felt like a fish out of water over there. Always doubting myself and second guessing but not here....it's wonderful!! I've put in for my bus pass and I also have a rail way pass as I am 61 now. Whatta leap after all these years..eh? So what part of Az did you live in? It would be nice to swop stories and I look forward to hearing more updates.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Emmbritt123
Whofan

loved reading your updates. I've just come back from Arizona, I was there for 29 miserable years, but 32 years total in U.S. I feel 'normal' here....felt like a fish out of water over there. Always doubting myself and second guessing but not here....it's wonderful!! I've put in for my bus pass and I also have a rail way pass as I am 61 now. Whatta leap after all these years..eh? So what part of Az did you live in? It would be nice to swop stories and I look forward to hearing more updates.
Could you update your location info?
Tar ducks.
Cheers

PS I'm jealous of you. I wouldn't say I've been miserable though.
Oh to have a bus pass! railway pass costs about £50 for the pass and then you pay for the fare which was dirt cheap after 9 am and going into Exeter.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Cheers...I am now in Barry, Wales!
Old Aug 24th 2013, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

I know Cheers will probably say this, so I will save him a post.....you need to update your location!

Moi doesn't bother with all that!
Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Are you originally from the area? I am from London but we will be making our way to Cardiff in 2 years. Not too many going to Wales on here, but a few more it seems come from the north. So it's always nice to come across someone else on the southside Keep us updated as to how you are getting along
Old Aug 25th 2013, 3:28 am
Just Joined

No Perthhomeschool, I grew up in London but most of my family live in Gloucester.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

No Perthhomeschool, I grew up in London but most of my family live in Gloucester.
Funny that - another poster, lcar, just returned to Cardiff area and she is also originally from London. Good to know there are a few of us
Old Aug 25th 2013, 8:57 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in Gloucestershire, near the Welsh border. Used to go to Barry Island on youth club trips! We went thru Cardiff this summer, on way to the Gower. Rhossilli beach is beautiful.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mallory
I grew up in Gloucestershire, near the Welsh border. Used to go to Barry Island on youth club trips! We went thru Cardiff this summer, on way to the Gower. Rhossilli beach is beautiful.
We are very much looking forward to building a new life in Wales. It proved too difficult to select another place in England since London was now unaffordable. After looking at what Cardiff had to offer we soon discovered that only would it suit us just fine, but when we were ready to retire to the hills we would be spoiled for choice anywhere in Wales
Old Aug 27th 2013, 1:45 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
We are very much looking forward to building a new life in Wales. It proved too difficult to select another place in England since London was now unaffordable. After looking at what Cardiff had to offer we soon discovered that only would it suit us just fine, but when we were ready to retire to the hills we would be spoiled for choice anywhere in Wales
I spent most of my first year back here in South Wales and loved the people I worked with (though up in the valleys it can be a bit grim in the winter!). The Brecons are not far at all and of course Camarthenshire and the Gower are also within spitting distance.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dunroving
I spent most of my first year back here in South Wales and loved the people I worked with (though up in the valleys it can be a bit grim in the winter!). The Brecons are not far at all and of course Camarthenshire and the Gower are also within spitting distance.
I have yet to hear any negatives - other than the usual quip about the rain I think we can handle that though. From the little I know I think we will really love the people too. I have even set myself the task of learning a little Welsh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.