First Update

Old May 10th 2013, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I've noticed! I just checked my account online and with just calling a couple of 0845 numbers, possibly twice each, my additional charge this month is £7.16. It's probably charged at about 40p per minute, and we all know calling those darn numbers never takes a minute!
Telephone directory services are also premium priced.
Old May 10th 2013, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

What if you use a BT phone to call these numbers? Is it still as expensive as a mobile?
Old May 10th 2013, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

As another poster mentioned, you can get landline packages which gives free or reduced calls to premium rate numbers but outwith any special landline package then yes, premium rate numbers are still expensive to call from a landline. Possibly not quite as expensive as calling from a mobile, I'm not quite sure; we don't have a landline, our mobile phones work as, er, phones but also serve as wifi hotspots through which we get our internet.
Old May 10th 2013, 8:43 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Just enough energy to say hello......hello! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Finished work at 6.15pm and walked in the door here at 8.00pm, so a very LONG trip home! By the time I walked to the bus stop after work the next bus was at 7.10pm, I didn't have the energy for a long walk home after catching that bus, so I went straight into Rochdale and was going to catch the 58 which would drop me off at the end of my street. But the last 58 bus was at 7.00pm. There was another bus leaving at 7.44pm which was the only one and if I had missed that I would need to get a taxi. So I caught in and had to pay £2 because it wasn't a 'First Manchester' bus. I didn't get to use my weekly pass after all Then to top it all off the taxi this morning cost me £10. So all totaled it's going to cost me nearly £50 in transportation for every 4 days I'm working.

Job is great...everyone I work with is lovely, but I'll tell you more about it when I have the energy to keep typing.. I've just had a lovely hot shower and am sitting down to something to eat - even though it's 9.43pm and then it's straight to bed because I have to get up at 4.30am tomorrow morning! So talk to you all again soon! Nite nite !
Old May 10th 2013, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back! You made it! It should be easier tomorrow and after that.

I think I hear thunder.
Old May 10th 2013, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

You must be totally exhausted!!!! The first day is always the worst.

Just remember . . . you have a job . . . and in two months you will be working 5 minutes from home
Old May 10th 2013, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Just enough energy to say hello......hello! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Finished work at 6.15pm and walked in the door here at 8.00pm, so a very LONG trip home! By the time I walked to the bus stop after work the next bus was at 7.10pm, I didn't have the energy for a long walk home after catching that bus, so I went straight into Rochdale and was going to catch the 58 which would drop me off at the end of my street. But the last 58 bus was at 7.00pm. There was another bus leaving at 7.44pm which was the only one and if I had missed that I would need to get a taxi. So I caught in and had to pay £2 because it wasn't a 'First Manchester' bus. I didn't get to use my weekly pass after all Then to top it all off the taxi this morning cost me £10. So all totaled it's going to cost me nearly £50 in transportation for every 4 days I'm working.

Job is great...everyone I work with is lovely, but I'll tell you more about it when I have the energy to keep typing.. I've just had a lovely hot shower and am sitting down to something to eat - even though it's 9.43pm and then it's straight to bed because I have to get up at 4.30am tomorrow morning! So talk to you all again soon! Nite nite !
< that's your zzzz emoticon! Congratulations on making it through your first day

Last edited by Perth; May 10th 2013 at 2:15 pm.
Old May 11th 2013, 8:54 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

I feel like I'm a cripple! I've had to do major first aid on my feet! I've been issued with what I call steel toe work boots and of course they gave them to me on my first day, so no chance to wear them in gradually. That's why after the first day I could barely walk, not because I'd been on my feet for 12 hours, but because they were new and rubbed the hell out of my feet. I came home last night with massive blisters everywhere.

So today wasn't any better, it was more rubbing on the blisters already there. I have 6 large blisters ranging from on the ball of my feet, between the toes (can't understand those ones..lol) and of course on the heals. I was almost in tears they hurt so bad. When i got home Mr G took a look and immediately went out to the chemist and came back with an assortment of things.lol. Awww bless! So now I have special blister packs on all my blisters, and also a gauze type covering over each to protect them even further from rubbing and then the gauze is held on with tape. So now my feet look like a mummy..lol.

I'd thought that by wearing two pairs of socks it would stop my feet from rubbing, but that theory went out the window. The work boots are rock solid with no give in them whatsoever. But I can go out on my day off and get a similar thing except they're trainers with steel caps. So they would probably be more comfortable. I'll see how I go over the next 2 days and hope I'm not totally crippled by the time Monday night comes around. That will definitely be an excuse for a glass of wine ! The fact I would have finished my first 4 day shift I meant, not the fact I'd be unable to walk..

The other drawback to my poor feet is that it meant getting a taxi home tonight because there was no way I was in any condition to walk to the bus stop and then navigate two buses to get home. I feel like such a wuss!!!!
Old May 11th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

OUCH, how painful. The tennis shoe steel toe capped shoes sound more comfy, hope they are when you get around to testing some out. You will be exhausted and the price of the travel to and from work STINKS but I think you mentioned in a couple more months you will be working much closer to home. Glad the people you work with are nice, that makes a huge difference. Once you get used to the work hopefully it will be easier on you. Try to rest when you can and I really hope your blisters get a chance to heal..
Old May 11th 2013, 9:31 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by morayeel
OUCH, how painful. The tennis shoe steel toe capped shoes sound more comfy, hope they are when you get around to testing some out. You will be exhausted and the price of the travel to and from work STINKS but I think you mentioned in a couple more months you will be working much closer to home. Glad the people you work with are nice, that makes a huge difference. Once you get used to the work hopefully it will be easier on you. Try to rest when you can and I really hope your blisters get a chance to heal..
Thanks love...I'm already used to the work, it's repetitive but still interesting because you get to see some lovely clothes and shoes. Basically what I am doing is receiving consignments of things that have been sent back to us from the stores (probably because they didn't sell well or they had too much stock), so then I check each item to make sure there aren't any colour marks, discolorations, torn threads, torn bits - you get the idea. Then they are packaged up ready to sell on the web site. I'm constantly busy from the minute I get there, to the minute I leave and the only chance I get to rest is during my breaks and once I get home. We don't get the chance to sit down and work because we're constantly going back to the pallets for more. They all come in boxes so we grab a box and off we go. The boxes can hold anywhere from 2 items to 75 items, and the cages can hold anywhere from 150 plus pair of shoes..

For the first couple of months they don't worry about us not hitting our quota, because everyone has a target they need to reach, which is currently being able to process 450 items, such as each item of clothing is counted as 1 and each pair of shoes is counted as 1. So far I'm averaging 300 per day, so I'm nearly there..lol It will come with time, and I think I'm spending more time on each item to make sure there are no marks etc, and then packaging everything neater. Once I've been there a while I'm sure that I will get quicker and not everyone gets the chance to reach their targets each day because things can slow down because of faults in a garment or a pair of shoes and there are procedures to follow so that prevents you from immediately getting onto the next item...lol.

But all in all I'm looking forward to my first 4 days off so i can rest my feet.
Old May 11th 2013, 9:55 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Took me a while to catch up with all your news but I did it - OMG what a whirlwind its been these last few days for you!

The job sounds fab as does everything else, well done on everything you have achieved in such a short time and I hope your poor feet get better soon
Old May 11th 2013, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Get those steel-capped trainers as soon as you can!!
Old May 11th 2013, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Your job sounds pretty interesting. I am sure you'll reach your quota cause you've just started and you are already good at it. Yes, bet you are looking forward to your first 4 days off. I am so proud of you, and a wee bit jealous LOL.. I am back in the US and each day I question my decision in returning..starting to get muggy here in MS, red ants bit my feet today and we saw a 5 foot rattlesnake out in our yard today!! UGH
Old May 11th 2013, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WhoFan63;10703899
But all in all I'm looking forward to my first 4 days off so i can rest my feet.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why you get the 4 days off - so you can rest your feet Good for you for coming so close to the quota so soon. You're a champ Hope your feet heal soon.
Old May 11th 2013, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Oh poor you, those blisters sound so painful My hubby has to wear shoes with steel toe caps for some of his work, you can get them in all kinds of styles over here. Don't know if the selection/price is as good in the UK? Let me know if you want any sent over.
http://www.steel-toe-shoes.com/

Thank goodness you will soon have 4 days off to give your feet a chance to heal.

I know its expensive but I think for the first few weeks at least you should just plan to take a taxi home too. I know its disheartening to have to use your hard earned money just to get to and from work but these first few weeks will be the most tiring and your poor feet need some TLC. The next 2 months will soon fly by and then you will be able to walk to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.