Wikiposts

First Update

Old May 4th 2013, 5:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
That's what I thought, but thanks for the confirmation!
You can write a blog requiring password access.
Old May 4th 2013, 5:45 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Well I am all packed again and ready to move to my new home. The guys called a little while ago and asked if I wanted to come o we to iChat instead of tomorrow. So I've just raced around like a mad thing, packing the rest of my things that I was going to do tomorrow and I'm just waiting for the guys to arrive. It will help having 2 strong guys to lift my suitcases lol.

So the next time I write I will be in my new home
Old May 4th 2013, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am all packed again and ready to move to my new home. The guys called a little while ago and asked if I wanted to come o we to iChat instead of tomorrow. So I've just raced around like a mad thing, packing the rest of my things that I was going to do tomorrow and I'm just waiting for the guys to arrive. It will help having 2 strong guys to lift my suitcases lol.

So the next time I write I will be in my new home
I'm smiling

Can't wait to read your next post!
Old May 4th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for you. Hope you LOVE your new home and of course the doggies. Onwards and upwards
Old May 4th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am back from a couple days hiatus from BE and, as usual, I find Linzi has conquered yet another world Good luck with the new digs and the job interview, love
Old May 4th 2013, 8:41 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Just a quickie because I'm about to go explore the new neighbourhood lol. First night was great. We opened a bottle of wine to celebrate moving in. I got hugs all round and kisses from all the doggies. We then ordered Chinese food and sat and chatted. . I have an interview on Thursday but according to Mr G it's just a formality - I'm in!!!! . But being the person I am I will wait until I get told that in person lol.

It's not as quiet as where I left because there is a field across the road and they play football lol, but there's a canal so I'm going to go walk down and see where it leads me

More to follow
Old May 4th 2013, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quickie because I'm about to go explore the new neighbourhood lol. First night was great. We opened a bottle of wine to celebrate moving in. I got hugs all round and kisses from all the doggies. We then ordered Chinese food and sat and chatted. . I have an interview on Thursday but according to Mr G it's just a formality - I'm in!!!! . But being the person I am I will wait until I get told that in person lol.

It's not as quiet as where I left because there is a field across the road and they play football lol, but there's a canal so I'm going to go walk down and see where it leads me

More to follow
Sounds like a lovely way to settle in......in time you will be able to look for your own place somewhere that really suits you, your doing really well so a big pat on the back and fingers crossed for the interview, enjoy your canal walk, I take our dog all the time as I love seeing the barges going up and down the canal.
Old May 4th 2013, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

More to follow
I think you have got the landlords from HEAVEN!!!!! lol

And a job, too??? I think I will be over on the next plane!
Old May 4th 2013, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

More to follow
What an inspiration you are lady! Anyone who says it can't be done needs to look you up. Can't wait to hear more about the job. Will you be needing a car for that? Been telling the OH about your little part of the world up there. He says maybe we need to be thinking more along the lines of oop north
Old May 4th 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
What an inspiration you are lady! Anyone who says it can't be done needs to look you up. Can't wait to hear more about the job. Will you be needing a car for that? Been telling the OH about your little part of the world up there. He says maybe we need to be thinking more along the lines of oop north
"Inspiration"!!! I'll say!

It's almost like magic!
Old May 5th 2013, 12:08 am
Yorkshire Lass

Won't need a car at all ! For the training side of it, it's just a quick bus trip, but then once the training is over with I'll be transferring to the main office and that's a 15 minute walk away! Mr G does it every day!

The walk along the canal wasn't as pretty as up in Diggle, but of course no two places are ever the same. Some people said goodmorning, some didn't. It just goes to show how different two places can be and there's not that many miles between them.
Old May 5th 2013, 12:11 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by windsong
I think you have got the landlords from HEAVEN!!!!! lol

And a job, too??? I think I will be over on the next plane!
They're definitely great guys and they're so funny with each other.

By the time I go for the interview on Thursday I'll have been here 3 weeks, so not bad going hey??
Old May 5th 2013, 12:17 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by brits1
Sounds like a lovely way to settle in......in time you will be able to look for your own place somewhere that really suits you, your doing really well so a big pat on the back and fingers crossed for the interview, enjoy your canal walk, I take our dog all the time as I love seeing the barges going up and down the canal.
I wish it were more like the canal in Diggle...but I did see one barge It's definitely not as pretty...a lot of rubbish around which is sad! But I haven't walked the full length, so it might get better. One of these day's I'll walk as far as I can and see I guess I can't afford to be picky....LOL. At least I have a roof over my head, two lovely new friends, 3 doggies and a job !

Oh and there's the obligatory cat who came into my room last night and tried to sit on my neck.. According to Mr D I should be very honored because he isn't usually like that with strangers
Old May 5th 2013, 12:19 am
Yorkshire Lass

Well, I am back from a couple days hiatus from BE and, as usual, I find Linzi has conquered yet another world Good luck with the new digs and the job interview, love
See what happens when you disappear for a couple of days?

Thanks love...just finished unpacking and settling in. Have the place to myself for a little while so I'm exploring and figuring out where everything is.. lol. Of course the minute I walk down the stairs it starts the youngest pup off barking and she doesn't stop..lol. The other two just come running over for kisses.
Old May 5th 2013, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for the updates, I love getting these snippets of how your adventures are going.

So much has happened in such a short time! I think your new landlords sound fab! Fingers crossed for the interview on Thursday and how wonderful to be able to walk to work if you get it!

It is interesting how you get a different response to a smile and a friendly hello from different people/different areas. I bet with time you'll win some of them over!

I'm sure with a bit more time you will discover some great walking routes, maybe check out the local ordnance survey map for the area to see it there are other footpaths or bridleways in the area.

Will you be making visits back to your "local" and the Chippie in Diggle? You don't have to be living there to still enjoy the walks and the lovely people you've met it would be a shame to loose that contact.

Also I keep meaning to check, did you say this job would be 4 days on 4 days off? Are the hours long on the 4 days working or just regular? I think it would be great having that time off work especially when you are in a new area and have so much to explore. Where is your closest library, they are often such wonderful places to find out what is going on in the way of classes and clubs etc.

Are you allowed to take the dogs for walks? I don't know if this would be something that would interest you (or if you'd be allowed to borrow a doggie) but when we had a dog I had so much fun taking her to Agility and Canine Good Citizen classes, met lovely people and our dog had the time of her life especially in agility! Its great exercise too because you have to run the course with them!

Looking forward to the next installment!

p.s I was thinking about the photos (which I'm dying to see) and maybe the easiest would be to post them for 24hrs and then take them down?

If you did a password protected blog or photo sharing page you could post the link and have people PM you for the password OR maybe you don't even need to bother with a password but have people PM you for the link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.