Wikiposts

First Update

Old May 3rd 2013, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Here's a picture of the new house More photo's will follow once I move in, get settled and grab my camera..
So are you renting it? Tell us more.

Cheers
Old May 3rd 2013, 3:58 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
MITF - I have lost track of all the pending moves as things seem to be quite active at the moment. I know that you are getting moving quotes at the moment, but can't remember when you are moving?
We want to get it done asap. Dd finishes school for summer in June and the school year starts in Sept in UK so I want to be there before that.

That is one huge lovely house WhoFan. Very exciting.
Old May 3rd 2013, 4:04 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Look at you! While I was faffing about with shipping companies, weeding out the wardrobe and linen closet, you found a place to live (lovely!), made two new friends and lined yourself up for an interview! That is brilliant!

I love Edinburgh! I would live there in a heartbeat - or just outside. My sister has a house on the west coast that she rents out for holiday lets. A couple of years ago, my youngest son and I drove up to Edinburgh, stayed the night and then drove across to her house for a week of bliss! The drive was fantastic and was one of the things that made me realize I could live in the UK again. I am used to being able to be in the mountains in just a few minutes and, knowing I could have access to all that beauty in Scotland when I feel the need for big open space, helped tip the balance.
Old May 3rd 2013, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
We want to get it done asap. Dd finishes school for summer in June and the school year starts in Sept in UK so I want to be there before that.
Wow!!! I didn't know you were that close to leaving. Quite a shocker for me.
Old May 3rd 2013, 6:08 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cheers
So are you renting it? Tell us more.

Cheers
It's a house share! I'm renting a room, but because the house is so darn big, I have the entire top floor to myself Simply wonderful ! Sharing with two wonderful guys and 3 dogs. lol
Old May 3rd 2013, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Whhoooooaaaaaaah, NICE HOUSE I'd like photos of the interior decor now too please

Really is a lovely looking house though, and without giving away the exact location, where is it located?
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's a house share! I'm renting a room, but because the house is so darn big, I have the entire top floor to myself Simply wonderful ! Sharing with two wonderful guys and 3 dogs. lol
2 guys and 3 dogs...don't get much better than that girl.
Old May 3rd 2013, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely house! i also can't wait for more photos but I'm just wondering whether for privacy/safety maybe it would be best to post them on a blog or a share site like shutterfly where you can put a password??

I'm probably being paranoid but this forum gets so much traffic.

Or maybe post but take them down after a couple of days?

Just a thought
Old May 3rd 2013, 10:16 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NiHao
Lovely house! i also can't wait for more photos but I'm just wondering whether for privacy/safety maybe it would be best to post them on a blog or a share site like shutterfly where you can put a password??

Just a thought
It's probably a good thought. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old May 3rd 2013, 7:09 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
Whhoooooaaaaaaah, NICE HOUSE I'd like photos of the interior decor now too please

Really is a lovely looking house though, and without giving away the exact location, where is it located?
It's in a suburb just outside of Rochdale !
Old May 3rd 2013, 7:16 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by NiHao

Just a thought

Thanks NiHao I was thinking the same thing, which is why I didn't want to say too much about where it was or who I was sharing with, another reason why I never give names! I don't know how much the 'lurkers' can see of the posts and the photo's posted, but it's better to be safe than sorry. The guys have a beautiful home and I want to respect their privacy too, and even debated whether or not to put that one photo up showing the front. It would be different if it were my own house! lol

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of Shutterfly, so don't know how it would work with setting a password and yet being able to share the photo's. Wouldn't it still involve posting a link so others could see them? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of keeping them private? lol. As I said, I'm no expert so for now I'll have a good think about how much to share!
Old May 3rd 2013, 8:40 pm
Yorkshire Lass

I just wanted to post this as I found it truly touching ! As you know I've only been back a couple of weeks and already met some wonderful people, from the landlady at the pub, the lovely couple who own the Post Office/Shop and the terrific ladies who run the Chippy. All who know me by name and always have time to stop and chat!

Well last night I made my rounds, not only to get fish and chips for dinner, but to pop in and say some goodbyes due to the move tomorrow. What I didn't expect was free fish and chips from the chippy and a free pint from the pub. Village hospitality at it's best !

It's not a little village I'm moving to, but there is a quaint little one just down the road which I'll enjoy walking to. I'm going to miss Diggle for sure, but I'm sure my calves will appreciate not having to walk up those hills anymore..lol, although I won't stop walking!
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to post this as I found it truly touching ! As you know I've only been back a couple of weeks and already met some wonderful people, from the landlady at the pub, the lovely couple who own the Post Office/Shop and the terrific ladies who run the Chippy. All who know me by name and always have time to stop and chat!

Well last night I made my rounds, not only to get fish and chips for dinner, but to pop in and say some goodbyes due to the move tomorrow. What I didn't expect was free fish and chips from the chippy and a free pint from the pub. Village hospitality at it's best !

It's not a little village I'm moving to, but there is a quaint little one just down the road which I'll enjoy walking to. I'm going to miss Diggle for sure, but I'm sure my calves will appreciate not having to walk up those hills anymore..lol, although I won't stop walking!
Love the free fish and chips and beer

Lovely house, too!!

Can't wait to hear more "lovely" news
Old May 4th 2013, 12:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks NiHao I was thinking the same thing, which is why I didn't want to say too much about where it was or who I was sharing with, another reason why I never give names! I don't know how much the 'lurkers' can see of the posts and the photo's posted, but it's better to be safe than sorry. The guys have a beautiful home and I want to respect their privacy too, and even debated whether or not to put that one photo up showing the front. It would be different if it were my own house! lol

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of Shutterfly, so don't know how it would work with setting a password and yet being able to share the photo's. Wouldn't it still involve posting a link so others could see them? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of keeping them private? lol. As I said, I'm no expert so for now I'll have a good think about how much to share!
Lurkers can read all posts and see all pics in posts and in The Gallery.
Old May 4th 2013, 1:08 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Lurkers can read all posts and see all pics in posts and in The Gallery.
That's what I thought, but thanks for the confirmation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.