Wikiposts

First Update

Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Well just a 'size' update here. When I first got back to the UK I couldn't squeeze into a size 20 without turning all shades of purple and not being able to breathe. My 'skinny' jeans glared at me from the wardrobe.. So I was stuck wearing a pair of jeans that at one time were not exactly tight, but not baggy either. Over the past week or so I've worn them all the time and noticed the legs getting baggier and baggier.

So today while I was out and looking for a nice 'interview' suit anyway, I tried on some pants and some jeans. Guess what?? The pants are an 18 and definitely NOT tight, in fact I could have got the 16 and the jeans are a 16/18 and I could have got a smaller size too.

I know it all depends on how and where things are made, so just let me enjoy this moment for now..
Congratulations! And that's even with all the trips to the chippy and those jaffa cakes Good for you! Keep walking up all those hills
Old Apr 30th 2013, 12:18 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Well just a 'size' update here. When I first got back to the UK I couldn't squeeze into a size 20 without turning all shades of purple and not being able to breathe. My 'skinny' jeans glared at me from the wardrobe.. So I was stuck wearing a pair of jeans that at one time were not exactly tight, but not baggy either. Over the past week or so I've worn them all the time and noticed the legs getting baggier and baggier.

So today while I was out and looking for a nice 'interview' suit anyway, I tried on some pants and some jeans. Guess what?? The pants are an 18 and definitely NOT tight, in fact I could have got the 16 and the jeans are a 16/18 and I could have got a smaller size too.

I know it all depends on how and where things are made, so just let me enjoy this moment for now..

That's brilliant! England obviously suits you!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Originally Posted by morayeel
yipeee, that's fab news about the jeans. As you say,there is so much more opportunity for walking in the UK compared to the US. Hopefully you will get to wear your interview outfit soon and snag a job. I know it's tough though. My neighbor informed me today he is going to put up one of those electric fence thingie ma jigs for his dogs so that makes me feel much better. We are not going to be bullied that's for sure. I have a tazer LOL. Actually my daughters boyfriend bought it for her and we are frightened of it! It's up on a shelf gathering dust. I do have pepper spray LOL. Best of luck at the job center today..( I think it was today you were going back?)
Are you in UK or USA Morayeel? I only ask because I didn't think they had the electric fences in UK
Old Apr 30th 2013, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Well done on the weight loss Whofan, doesn't it feel sooo good to lose it without even trying ?
Also, did you find a nice interview suit and did you manage to get in touch with the place in your village that were looking for someone to work for them?
Old May 1st 2013, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
Are you in UK or USA Morayeel? I only ask because I didn't think they had the electric fences in UK
Yes I am in Mississippi.
Old May 1st 2013, 1:45 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Little setback here . I went for my health assessment at the GP this afternoon in order to complete my registration. While I was there I asked about my lower legs because since I've been back both my calves are swollen, solid as a rock and often painful when walking on an incline. I just put it down to all the walking I was doing, but the nurse had other ideas as soon as she heard I'd been on a long flight. Normally I swell up anyway after flying but it usually goes down after a couple of days.
So the nurse went to confer with the Dr and he wants to see my in an hour or else go to A&E. So now his concern has me worried. So I'm off back to the Dr's in an hour to get my legs checked. I think he's worried about DVT. . Hopefully it will be nothing serious but I will keep you posted.
Old May 1st 2013, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

oh my. Hope you are ok. As you say hopefully its because of all the walking and you have built up muscle but you'll be in good hands and no bill at the end! Keep us posted love.
Old May 1st 2013, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morayeel
just a note about feeling safe. We live in the country, but we just got new neighbors. Last night we told our neighbor nicely that he has to use his own driveway and not ours. He told my husband he was going to "punch him in his face". Sooo now we are a little afraid. He has 2 pit bulls that we asked if he could keep on a leash. Obviously that is too much for him. He lets them run wild. We no longer feel safe with him and his weirdo friends coming over.
We had this problem here in Canada, renters across the road and I felt nervous going past. We knew they were drug dealers and one night the police did a "bust" guns blazing and all! I kept a note of all the registration numbers of cars and basically just remained friendly by waving a hello etc and then I handed the numbers over to the RCMP. We found out later they were members of a very notorious gang from Vancouver! That was the turning point for me! One of the reasons we moved to Canada was because it was seen as "clean,green and safe" and it was a misnomer!

My advice would be to watch them closely but do nothing to antagonise them, smile and wave a hello, hopefully eventually they will move away if they are renters.
Old May 1st 2013, 3:10 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Little setback here . I went for my health assessment at the GP this afternoon in order to complete my registration. While I was there I asked about my lower legs because since I've been back both my calves are swollen, solid as a rock and often painful when walking on an incline. I just put it down to all the walking I was doing, but the nurse had other ideas as soon as she heard I'd been on a long flight. Normally I swell up anyway after flying but it usually goes down after a couple of days.
So the nurse went to confer with the Dr and he wants to see my in an hour or else go to A&E. So now his concern has me worried. So I'm off back to the Dr's in an hour to get my legs checked. I think he's worried about DVT. . Hopefully it will be nothing serious but I will keep you posted.
Hope everything will be OK.
Old May 1st 2013, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by feelbritish
We had this problem here in Canada, renters across the road and I felt nervous going past. We knew they were drug dealers and one night the police did a "bust" guns blazing and all! I kept a note of all the registration numbers of cars and basically just remained friendly by waving a hello etc and then I handed the numbers over to the RCMP. We found out later they were members of a very notorious gang from Vancouver! That was the turning point for me! One of the reasons we moved to Canada was because it was seen as "clean,green and safe" and it was a misnomer!

My advice would be to watch them closely but do nothing to antagonise them, smile and wave a hello, hopefully eventually they will move away if they are renters.
Unfortunately they purchased the mobile home. Seemingly the young lady was in a car accident and received money from a lawsuit. When they first bought the home she came and introduced herself. I could tell (not meaning to be snobbish) she was a "redneck". I barely see them, just hear their occasional screaming matches but we'll see what transpires in the next few weeks..
Old May 1st 2013, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish

What a wonderful thought, that one could trust the police sufficiently to be able to give such information. Some places you would put your life in danger by doing such a thing. Bravo RCMP!
Old May 1st 2013, 4:43 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

That you are all fine with the doctor visit WhoFan.
Old May 1st 2013, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP
Old May 1st 2013, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh Gosh, please be okay and let us all know asap
Old May 1st 2013, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping its nothing serious, its good that they are having you checked. Please let us know as soon as you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.