First Update

Old May 1st 2013, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

Oh I do hope you are ok, how scary but good that they picked it up and are being cautious with you.
Old May 1st 2013, 9:26 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to everyone for your concern, and sorry for not responding individually to you all. ((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))) to you all. Okay, have a HUGE update here, so hope you're all sitting down, because it might take a while.

Firstly, the leg issue isn't serious..it is in fact just MUSCLE! The doctor said my legs look perfectly fine, if not seriously toned....at least from the knees downwards He said normally DVT or anything like that would occur in just one leg and it would look seriously swollen. He said mine don't look swollen, just muscular. Thanks Doc - I think ! I know I wanted to build muscle, but I didn't want my calves to look as thick as my thighs for crying out loud.. So can relax a bit there...but what they're going to do next week is send me for extensive blood work (Thyroid included) and a fasting blood glucose, just to make sure there are no underlying causes for the weight gain, although as a part of the assessment this morning they weighed me and I have in fact lost weight - 10lbs to be precise. Yay me !!!!

Okay, now for the next BIG news!!!!! I'm moving !!!!!! No, I'm not going back to the US, so get that thought out of your minds..lol. Don't get me wrong, I love it here in my little village of Diggle and Mrs J and Mr B at the B&B have been so lovely and given me that reduced rate, but I am just in this one tiny room with a tiny fridge and a tiny microwave, so I can't really stock up on any food and the freezer is just big enough to put 2 small microwave meals in and that's it!, so I started to look at house shares again.

Out of the blue, yesterday I was contacted by a guy who had read my profile and wanted to offer me a room. He sent me photo's and it looked really nice, so we arranged for me to go over to meet him and see the room today. Believe me, today has been a REALLY busy day - I left at 7.30am and it's now 9.56pm and I've just got in !!!! I've been all over the place.

I left at 7.30am this morning to catch the bus to Rochdale. Actually the house is in Milnrow, near Rochdale. My first Dr's appointment wasn't until 1.40pm, so I had time to go see the house and then get back to Oldham for the appointment. If I said the house was stunning, that would be an understatement. It's a 3 storey former show home, and the view is almost as awesome as here in Diggle, except with not as many sheep..lol. There's hills, canals etc etc, although the streets aren't narrow and windey.

I met owner number 1 first, and I'll call him Mr G, who was gorgeous and super nice! He showed me around and apparently the top floor is basically mine because they live on the other two. As you walk in the front door the kitchen and the laundry are on the ground floor, there's also the conservatory and the patio leading into the garden, on the first floor you have the lounge room, master bathroom, master bedroom, spare bedroom and second living room, then on the third floor you have another master bedroom with ensuite, two spare rooms and another bathroom. It's bloody HUGE !!!!!!!!!!

We had a cuppa, chatted and I got totally adored by their 3 Schnauzers (I love dogs..lol, so was quite chuffed by all the doggy kisses and attention). Even Mr G was amazed because he said they're usually standoffish at first until they get to know you. I found out that I'd actually have the run of the house as they want me to consider it my home too. They have a fully kitted out second lounge which I can use and it has big screen TV, Sky box, DVD player, lounge suite etc etc.

So everything went well and then Mr G asked if there was a possibility I could return later tonight to meet his partner Mr D (yes they're a gay couple), because even though Mr D said he'd leave it up to Mr G, he'd really like me to meet his partner. So I said no problem, even though Mr D wouldn't be home until 8pm. I then left to get to my first (although I didn't know it at the time) Dr's appointment. That's when i had the leg issue and was asked to come back at 4.45pm. Rather than hang around Oldham I decided to come back to the B&B (which is when I posted that message) and then I went back into Oldham for the second Dr's appointment. They happened to see me about 15 minutes early, which means I was all finished before 5pm, and I wasn't supposed to leave Oldham to go back to the house until just after 7pm. The house is the same distance from Oldham as I am now in Diggle, just 30 minutes by bus.

I really didn't want to be hanging around Oldham until 7pm, so I sent a text to Mr G and asked if I could come back early. Of course - no problem just head on over he said, and so I did! We had another cup of tea, played with the dogs again, talked about our favorite show Dr Who... and waited for Mr D to arrive. Which he did at around 7.45pm, Apparently I remind Mr G of a friend of theirs who they think is wonderful, so i already had the stamp of approval from one of them.. Mr D was just as nice (he's originally from NZ) and so we chatted some more and talked about the house, the room etc etc. Mr D loves to cook and was talking about home made pasta. yummy!

Then Mr D drove me back to the B&B because they wouldn't let me catch a bus at that time of night, not as though there would have been any heading out to Diggle. There is one bus at 5.30pm and then nothing until 11.30pm.

So they both had looked at me and asked if I would like to move in! I said yes! It would be too good an opportunity because I'll be paying less there than I am here at the B&B even AFTER the discount they gave me. Plus I have a whole house, dogs to play with and cuddle, a kitchen to cook in and all the bills are included. They even have a baby gate leading up to the 3rd floor so the dogs don't go up there unless their invited, so they say that if I even want the company to just open the gate and all 3 of them will happily come upstairs for some cuddles and attention and would even sleep on the bed if I let them.. LOL. I'm in doggy heaven!

I move in on Sunday morning and Mr D is going to come and pick me up as I have these two suitcases etc etc, which is super nice of him.

Oh and Mr G said he's going to see if he can get me hired at the place he works at too No harm in asking !

So now I have to go around and change my address on everything I've just set up. There's my latest update..and it's a doozy huh?
Old May 1st 2013, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Thanks to everyone for your concern, and sorry for not responding individually to you all. ((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))) to you all. Okay, have a HUGE update here, so hope you're all sitting down, because it might take a while.
OMG, my heart can stop palpitating now! I thought you were surely laid up in the hospital Wonderful, wonderful news on all fronts
Old May 1st 2013, 9:42 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
OMG, my heart can stop palpitating now! I thought you were surely laid up in the hospital Wonderful, wonderful news on all fronts
No hospital for me thank goodness! It's been such a very long and exhausting day that's for sure! But so good to get things checked out and not have to pay a penny either. God love the NHS..
Old May 1st 2013, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

No hospital for me thank goodness! It's been such a very long and exhausting day that's for sure! But so good to get things checked out and not have to pay a penny either. God love the NHS..
Yes indeed! God love Queen, country and the NHS! (I think I should make that my new signature ) Hope all the other tests work out well too. What kind of job might you be getting?
Old May 1st 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Well, thank goodness you are ok, and thank goodness you are going to be thoroughly checked over!
The new house sounds lovely! You sound like you've landed on your feet there with such friendly guys, and you will have space to spread out, and no doubt plenty of doggy company.
What a laugh that your "unusual swelling" turned out to be muscles, but not surprising! I am getting my calf muscles back, now I'm back in my old house with a proper staircase, and also with the trips to the gym. Oh, and congraters on the loss of 10lbs. Heavens girl, you've only been back a couple of weeks!
Old May 1st 2013, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, the leg issue isn't serious..it is in fact just MUSCLE! The doctor said my legs look perfectly fine, if not seriously toned....at least from the knees downwards He said normally DVT or anything like that would occur in just one leg and it would look seriously swollen. He said mine don't look swollen, just muscular. Thanks Doc - I think ! I know I wanted to build muscle, but I didn't want my calves to look as thick as my thighs for crying out loud.. So can relax a bit there...but what they're going to do next week is send me for extensive blood work (Thyroid included) and a fasting blood glucose, just to make sure there are no underlying causes for the weight gain, although as a part of the assessment this morning they weighed me and I have in fact lost weight - 10lbs to be precise. Yay me !!!!

Okay, now for the next BIG news!!!!! I'm moving !!!!!! No, I'm not going back to the US, so get that thought out of your minds..lol. Don't get me wrong, I love it here in my little village of Diggle and Mrs J and Mr B at the B&B have been so lovely and given me that reduced rate, but I am just in this one tiny room with a tiny fridge and a tiny microwave, so I can't really stock up on any food and the freezer is just big enough to put 2 small microwave meals in and that's it!, so I started to look at house shares again.

Out of the blue, yesterday I was contacted by a guy who had read my profile and wanted to offer me a room. He sent me photo's and it looked really nice, so we arranged for me to go over to meet him and see the room today. Believe me, today has been a REALLY busy day - I left at 7.30am and it's now 9.56pm and I've just got in !!!! I've been all over the place.

I left at 7.30am this morning to catch the bus to Rochdale. Actually the house is in Milnrow, near Rochdale. My first Dr's appointment wasn't until 1.40pm, so I had time to go see the house and then get back to Oldham for the appointment. If I said the house was stunning, that would be an understatement. It's a 3 storey former show home, and the view is almost as awesome as here in Diggle, except with not as many sheep..lol. There's hills, canals etc etc, although the streets aren't narrow and windey.

I met owner number 1 first, and I'll call him Mr G, who was gorgeous and super nice! He showed me around and apparently the top floor is basically mine because they live on the other two. As you walk in the front door the kitchen and the laundry are on the ground floor, there's also the conservatory and the patio leading into the garden, on the first floor you have the lounge room, master bathroom, master bedroom, spare bedroom and second living room, then on the third floor you have another master bedroom with ensuite, two spare rooms and another bathroom. It's bloody HUGE !!!!!!!!!!

We had a cuppa, chatted and I got totally adored by their 3 Schnauzers (I love dogs..lol, so was quite chuffed by all the doggy kisses and attention). Even Mr G was amazed because he said they're usually standoffish at first until they get to know you. I found out that I'd actually have the run of the house as they want me to consider it my home too. They have a fully kitted out second lounge which I can use and it has big screen TV, Sky box, DVD player, lounge suite etc etc.

So everything went well and then Mr G asked if there was a possibility I could return later tonight to meet his partner Mr D (yes they're a gay couple), because even though Mr D said he'd leave it up to Mr G, he'd really like me to meet his partner. So I said no problem, even though Mr D wouldn't be home until 8pm. I then left to get to my first (although I didn't know it at the time) Dr's appointment. That's when i had the leg issue and was asked to come back at 4.45pm. Rather than hang around Oldham I decided to come back to the B&B (which is when I posted that message) and then I went back into Oldham for the second Dr's appointment. They happened to see me about 15 minutes early, which means I was all finished before 5pm, and I wasn't supposed to leave Oldham to go back to the house until just after 7pm. The house is the same distance from Oldham as I am now in Diggle, just 30 minutes by bus.

I really didn't want to be hanging around Oldham until 7pm, so I sent a text to Mr G and asked if I could come back early. Of course - no problem just head on over he said, and so I did! We had another cup of tea, played with the dogs again, talked about our favorite show Dr Who... and waited for Mr D to arrive. Which he did at around 7.45pm, Apparently I remind Mr G of a friend of theirs who they think is wonderful, so i already had the stamp of approval from one of them.. Mr D was just as nice (he's originally from NZ) and so we chatted some more and talked about the house, the room etc etc. Mr D loves to cook and was talking about home made pasta. yummy!

Then Mr D drove me back to the B&B because they wouldn't let me catch a bus at that time of night, not as though there would have been any heading out to Diggle. There is one bus at 5.30pm and then nothing until 11.30pm.

So they both had looked at me and asked if I would like to move in! I said yes! It would be too good an opportunity because I'll be paying less there than I am here at the B&B even AFTER the discount they gave me. Plus I have a whole house, dogs to play with and cuddle, a kitchen to cook in and all the bills are included. They even have a baby gate leading up to the 3rd floor so the dogs don't go up there unless their invited, so they say that if I even want the company to just open the gate and all 3 of them will happily come upstairs for some cuddles and attention and would even sleep on the bed if I let them.. LOL. I'm in doggy heaven!

I move in on Sunday morning and Mr D is going to come and pick me up as I have these two suitcases etc etc, which is super nice of him.

Oh and Mr G said he's going to see if he can get me hired at the place he works at too No harm in asking !

So now I have to go around and change my address on everything I've just set up. There's my latest update..and it's a doozy huh?
Good things happen to good people xxx I am so glad to hear you are ok :-)
Love the fact you love dogs. It is all falling into place. So happy for you.
Old May 1st 2013, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!!!!!! The house sounds FABULOUS!!!!!! And if he can get you a job, even better!

Which of your profiles did he read - Facebook?

What ever happened to your leg, though? I must have missed something!

PS: Now I see your earlier post about your leg!! SO glad it turned out to be just muscle - that's all that walking you've been doing!!

Last edited by windsong; May 1st 2013 at 10:12 pm.
Old May 1st 2013, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Oh so pleased that you are o.k. health wise. Your new abode sounds wonderful You certainly don't let any grass grow under your feet Lol
Cheers I.G.
Old May 1st 2013, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Can it get any better???? 10lbs dropped just like that, a beautiful house to live in and having a gay couple to share it with too
(Sorry if it's un PC to make an assumption but I love gay people and you will have a blast living there with them)
Also very pleased that your swollen legs turn out to be muscular and isn't it great that you've had all this diagnosed with no charge. . . so much for people bemoaning the NHS saying "you have to go on a waiting list for months"

Very happy for you that all is working out, and hopefully the job that he may be able to get you will work out
Old May 1st 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

OMG this is all fantastic! So pleased for you!!! Great news about your legs, the weight loss and that they are getting you properly checked out with blood work etc.

The house sounds fabulous, the gents sound fabulous and the dogs sound fabulous!! I know a house share hadn't been your first choice initially but this particular set up sounds ideal. You will have your own space and privacy but also will have ready made friends when you want company. I bet you will make friends through them too. The dogs are just the icing on the cake and I bet they are going to be begging to join you on your walks or walkies in dog talk

Really thrilled for you and thank you so much for sharing it with us its so fun to read about your adventures!
Old May 2nd 2013, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Also glad you are alright and just loved reading your post. You are going to have a great time with them and may even meet a whole lot of new people. Things have a habit of working out if you just go with the flow! Now for the job and you are all set.
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

So glad you are ok. Glad the docs are running blood tests to rule anything else out. I am so happy you have found such a nice house to live in and such a nice couple and DOGGIES. Yipeee. As others have said, things are falling into place and maybe he'll be able to hook you up with a job, if not I am sure you'll find something. Thankyou for the update.
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

WhoFan - you deserve everything that has come your way.. Enjoy..
Old May 2nd 2013, 8:03 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Yes indeed! God love Queen, country and the NHS! (I think I should make that my new signature ) Hope all the other tests work out well too. What kind of job might you be getting?
That would be a good signature to have.. lol To be honest I don't really know what job Mr G does...but it involves working 12 hour days for a 24/7 company, packing boxes, distribution so something similar to Amazon I can imagine, but maybe on a smaller scale?? I'll find out more when I chat to Mr G.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.