Wikiposts

First Update

Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:48 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I agree too.. I just sling my backpack on and off I go... I gained so much weight in AZ that now I'm lucky if I can get into a UK size 20 I barely ate because it was too hot to eat and yet I couldn't lose weight to save my life.. I've done so much more walking since I've been back and I love every second of it. I think that once the weather picks up a bit where it's not raining every day I'll get out even more, although the rain hasn't even stopped me.. I'd be ecstatic to be a UK size 14 lol
Th amount of walking you are doing I wouldn't be surprised if you are on the hunt for smaller clothes in no time.
I've been losing weight here and need to go and find all new warm weather pants/trousers (got to start talking properly ) I thought of saving a few of my favorites to ship with me in case I gain again in UK from all the pork pies and sausage rolls, but maybe I won't bother.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Hot and stormy here all week - bah!!! Well done on the lottery win, I bought one for fun this week and forgot about it until now - will go check tomorrow! If I won a huge amount I'd buy a massive place in the UK, convert it to nice flats and rent them out at a reasonable price to returning expats! I seriously think there's a gap in the market there just waiting to be filled!!!
Oooh, I'll take one! We had a thread about this a couple of years back but no one had the money to make it a reality.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from another hour long walk up hill and down dale through fields filled with sheep. I had a convoy of lambs following me because they though I had food lol. I can already feel a difference in my legs and the 'fat' jeans I wear now lol. The legs are baggy so I must be heading in the right direction will need to get a set of scales lol. It's overcast and cold but perfect for walking. Rosy cheeks and its not from the heat for a change Time for a cuppa and put a load of washing on lol
Oh fab. How funny about the lambs. I guess the moms must be getting used to you now. Do you feel like the Pied Piper of Hamlin?

Good for you losing weight already Make sure to celebrate at the chippy
Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Th amount of walking you are doing I wouldn't be surprised if you are on the hunt for smaller clothes in no time.
I've been losing weight here and need to go and find all new warm weather pants/trousers (got to start talking properly ) I thought of saving a few of my favorites to ship with me in case I gain again in UK from all the pork pies and sausage rolls, but maybe I won't bother.
and spell properly too
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Hot and stormy here all week - bah!!! Well done on the lottery win, I bought one for fun this week and forgot about it until now - will go check tomorrow! If I won a huge amount I'd buy a massive place in the UK, convert it to nice flats and rent them out at a reasonable price to returning expats! I seriously think there's a gap in the market there just waiting to be filled!!!
I was just saying this the other day to my sister who lives in Scotland. If there was a way to buy a property and rent out rooms to returning expats at a reasonable cost, no credit check and all that, plus accept returning pets I think it would be FANTASTIC. Glad you are enjoying all your walks. Like others have said, here in Mississippi, too many snakes for wooded walks, plus you have to drive quite a few miles to get to the trails. Right now it isn't too hot and humid but it wont be long, that's why I have been walking my dogs at every opportunity. I loved when I was back seeing all the people walking their dogs. Here a majority of people get a dog and chain and a dog igloo (if they're lucky) and leave them out in the yard all year longIt's sickening. I have called the humane society on a couple of my neighbors because they had 2 puppies tied out in the hot summer, no shade and no water. I knocked on the ladies door and explained what I was going to do if she didn't remedy the situation. I even gave her bowls and collars as the dogs collars were way too tight. I tried to be helpful but she didn't seem to care and finally her dogs were taken off her. I can understand you not wanting to eat lamb anymore. I watched a documentary on Netflix called "vedjucated" spelling probably wrong and I haven't eaten meat since! It's only been 2 weeks but I am trying to stick with being vegan after watching the way the animals are treated. Well anyway. I am rambling but just happy to hear you are enjoying yourself and good luck with the habitual residency and the job search..
Old Apr 28th 2013, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
If I am not out the door by 7am (and we are not even May yet) and walking the dog, it is no longer possible to do so for the rest of the day. Even then, after a hours walk I am drenched in sweat. In the summer, I need to be out there by 6am. I love it on those rare days when it's overcast and there is maybe less humidity.
Same here in Texas.....walkies before 7.30 am but now we have already had West Nile Virus mosquitos detected in the area so long sleeves and pants and bug spray. This is an insane way to live
Old Apr 28th 2013, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

janine74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well here's a further update! I just happened to finally catch Mrs J (I'll call my landlady that for her privacy..lol) and mentioned to her about the possibility of me staying longer term. That's when she apologised for the flat not being available but as he was a friend they felt sorry for him and didn't want to turn him away! So I told her that I totally understood and would have done the same.

Anyway, I asked what would be the possibility of getting a reduced rate for just the room and not the breakfast, and I could take care of that for myself. She said "I can't see why not - let me talk it over with Mr B and see what we can do'. She went on to say they can even have a microwave put in the room for me so I can actually have warm meals at night

So we had a good chat, and now it's up to the pair of them. I'll just have to wait and see what they offer.

I've had a brilliant day today! I went out early this morning to visit a friend in Mossley, which was two buses and a train to get there. Not as bad as it sounds as it's a 10min bus ride for the first trip...the train only needs to go one stop and then the next bus takes less than 5 minutes, so it's not as though I were travelling for hours. LOL It's just a matter of co-ordination.

Even though the sky was filled with rain clouds I'm pleased to say that I actually did the entire trip without getting wet. LOL. Once again I had fun chatting to people at the bus stop and even the bus driver dropped me off closer to the street I have to walk up to get to the B&B, rather than drop me off at the actual stop and have me walk up a slight hill. He said "its not much - but better than walking up the hill' We even had a joke, because I'm always the last one left on the bus and he said 'are you on the right bus love?'. Yes I replied. He went on to tell me that some people get on the bus without looking at the front to see where the bus is going and there are two buses with the same number. One terminates at Diggle and other goes through to Huddersfield. So apparently he gets people getting on the bus for Huddersfield and then looking surprised when they end up in Diggle, and vice versa!

So that was my day ! I got to learn some new areas, new buses and caught the train for the first time. I've done it once, so next time won't be a problem. I'm good that way - once I learn how to get to a certain place I don't need directions after that. LOL

Oh and I'm having a friend back in AZ pop into the local Wells Fargo and tell them about their £20 notes. They'd given me over £220 in old notes, which I only found out recently are no longer legal tender so they can't be used. Luckily I went into the Bank of Scotland (first bank I came to) and they changed them over for me. The lady at the bank was super nice and said that normally they ask that the person have a bank account with them, as they put the money in the bank and then they have to draw it out again, but she just looked around the bank and said 'Shhh, don't tell anyone'

I'm now back in my room, large cup of tea in my hand and a couple of Jammy Dodgers and I'm ready for the night's TV viewing How was everyone else's day??
thanks for the update on the 20 pound notes i just changed a bunch of money over i will take a look thru it! jammie dodgers!!! yesssss!!!! i do not like the toffee ones tho!:
Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

janine74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well today I registered with a GP, so now that has the NHS number all sorted out. I should get that within a couple of weeks they said. Tomorrow when I go to the job centre they'll help with my NI number, so that will be another thing to cross off my TO DO list. I've opened a bank account and I'm just waiting for some paperwork to arrive so I can transfer my Australian drivers license over to a UK one.

It was so funny at the GP this morning. I filled out all the paperwork and they said I'll get a call about doing a health assessment (standard for new patients). I went in to see the nurse practitioner (just because I wanted to have something checked out while i was there) and when I left I went back to reception and asked if there was a charge. She smiled at me and said ' You're British..so there's no charge'. Try doing THAT in the US..lol.

I'm looking out my window right now and the fog has come down over the hills and I'm waiting for the kettle to boil so I can make a cup of Yorkshire Tea I have a packet of Jaffa Cakes ready too! I can't print out my CV so I've loaded it onto a memory stick for tomorrow just in case they are able to access it. I've gone through it all and amended the spelling because it's so 'American'

I'm looking forward to going to the job centre tomorrow because I know that once I meet my advisor they're going to be able to help me out and point me in the right direction.

So that's my update for today. lol
i cant wait for that NO CHARGE!!!!!! i am loving reading all this!!! i PMd you!
Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

LancashireGirl8 will become famous soon enoughLancashireGirl8 will become famous soon enough

Just got back from another hour long walk up hill and down dale through fields filled with sheep. I had a convoy of lambs following me because they though I had food lol. I can already feel a difference in my legs and the 'fat' jeans I wear now lol. The legs are baggy so I must be heading in the right direction will need to get a set of scales lol. It's overcast and cold but perfect for walking. Rosy cheeks and its not from the heat for a change Time for a cuppa and put a load of washing on lol
Wonderful to hear about your first few weeks at home! I'm so pleased it's going well, and you sound so happy to be home.

I'm planning my move back and i'm super excited.

LOVE your videos too.

Welcome home! :-)
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:09 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Today I decided to be adventerous and took a bus trip into Manchester..lol It only took an hour which wasn't bad at all...although I got totally lost. Especially trying to find out where to catch the bus to come back. But I managed it ! Yay me !!!! Walked around until my feet hurt and then took a walk up to the train station to watch the choo-choo's going to exciting places...lol. Would love to take a little day trip somewhere, but not right now..priorities.. What a way to lose 6 hours of your day..

Last edited by WhoFan63; Apr 29th 2013 at 2:11 am.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:13 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LancashireGirl8
Wonderful to hear about your first few weeks at home! I'm so pleased it's going well, and you sound so happy to be home.

I'm planning my move back and i'm super excited.

LOVE your videos too.

Welcome home! :-)
Thanks love..hard to believe I've only been back two weeks on Wednesday. I must admit I'm loving where I'm staying right now..and it's hard to even consider being somewhere else...but after venturing out and about quite a bit I know the places I definitely do NOT want to live..
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:14 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by janine74
thanks for the update on the 20 pound notes i just changed a bunch of money over i will take a look thru it! jammie dodgers!!! yesssss!!!! i do not like the toffee ones tho!:
Haven't seen any toffee ones, but then again i haven't really been looking. I just stand in the biscuit aisle and my mouth drops open... I'll have one of these, one of these and one of these.. Jaffa cakes are my favourites though.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:15 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Same here in Texas.....walkies before 7.30 am but now we have already had West Nile Virus mosquitos detected in the area so long sleeves and pants and bug spray. This is an insane way to live
Gee, you might as well just stay indoors for the rest of your life... Nope, definitely time to come back to the open countryside...no time limit for walkies and the only reason you'll need long sleeves is when it's cold..lol
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:16 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
and spell properly too
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Today I decided to be adventerous and took a bus trip into Manchester..lol It only took an hour which wasn't bad at all...although I got totally lost. Especially trying to find out where to catch the bus to come back. But I managed it ! Yay me !!!! Walked around until my feet hurt and then took a walk up to the train station to watch the choo-choo's going to exciting places...lol. Would love to take a little day trip somewhere, but not right now..priorities.. What a way to lose 6 hours of your day..
What did you think of Manchester ? Would it be easier to find work there,or is it to far for you to travel ? just a thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.