Wikiposts

First Update

Old May 6th 2013, 12:31 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

Great pics. Some lovely homes. Now, for that blister, get some Compeed blister patches from the chemist. They work well to prevent and treat blisters. I used to use Moleskin in Canada, but I can't find it here.

Glad that things are going so well for you.
Old May 6th 2013, 12:32 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jemima55
Just looked at the photos, it looks like a lovely walk with an amazing variety of things to see. You do seem to have fallen on your feet as far as places to live go!
Thanks love...especially as I can't say I'm familiar with the area, so just lucked upon a good area to be in ! But I knew I didn't want to be in a big city, so definitely wanted the 'country' feel to wherever I was going to settle, but still with transport links to get me where I needed to go. I was just extremely lucky!
Old May 6th 2013, 12:34 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lf1
Great pics. Some lovely homes. Now, for that blister, get some Compeed blister patches from the chemist. They work well to prevent and treat blisters. I used to use Moleskin in Canada, but I can't find it here.

Glad that things are going so well for you.
Thanks for that.. I might need to get something because I just took a look at the blister and it covers the entire fleshy area under my big toe.. lol I hate that squelchy feeling as you walk on it. lol
Old May 6th 2013, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness, what lovely pictures. Makes me even more homesick and your room is gorgeous. You have your own shower and its modern and not all mold! The only reason I say that is when I went back the place I stayed in had some mold issues, especially in the bathroom.
So happy you are adjusting well. Yes, there are so many good shows on t.v over there. I liked "come dine with me" but it may not be your cup of tea. All that walking around. When I was back I went for a walk every day. My family doesn't really enjoy walking but I used to tell them it was a novelty for me as living where I live I rarely get out to walk . The weather is starting to turn nice it looks like from the pictures. So glad you have kept all of updated. We so appreciate it..
Old May 6th 2013, 12:56 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the pics of your home, so I just went back and had a peek. It looks great. Love all the bears!
Old May 6th 2013, 1:10 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by morayeel
Oh my goodness, what lovely pictures. Makes me even more homesick and your room is gorgeous. You have your own shower and its modern and not all mold! The only reason I say that is when I went back the place I stayed in had some mold issues, especially in the bathroom.
So happy you are adjusting well. Yes, there are so many good shows on t.v over there. I liked "come dine with me" but it may not be your cup of tea. All that walking around. When I was back I went for a walk every day. My family doesn't really enjoy walking but I used to tell them it was a novelty for me as living where I live I rarely get out to walk . The weather is starting to turn nice it looks like from the pictures. So glad you have kept all of updated. We so appreciate it..

Yes I love 'Come dine with me' too Well the house is fairly new and I can't imagine the guys ever letting a speck of mold enter The weather is simply beautiful today, which is why i took the opportunity to go for a walk. Didn't want to miss out on any sunshine before it rains again..
Old May 6th 2013, 1:12 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by lf1
I missed the pics of your home, so I just went back and had a peek. It looks great. Love all the bears!
Can you believe all those bears were shoved into a suitcase??? I wasn't going to leave them behind
Old May 6th 2013, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I'm uploading them to Shutterfly as we speak !

Hopefully this link works : http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AcNmbZszatWziY

and these are just a few I took of my room

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AcNmbZszatWzkA
Lovely, lovely photos! You certainly lucked out as far as your accommodations
Old May 6th 2013, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Bless you for sharing those photos. I can't believe how easy they were for me to pull them so as I could view them.
It is a little scary you being on the banks of the canal with no one around but you know best.
I saw your lap top on the bed. Did you bring it with you and does it work well. I just got my Toshiba back after being a couple of years with my son and so I have to learn how to operate it on the WIFi.
Cheers
Old May 6th 2013, 2:20 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by cheers
Bless you for sharing those photos. I can't believe how easy they were for me to pull them so as I could view them.
It is a little scary you being on the banks of the canal with no one around but you know best.
I saw your lap top on the bed. Did you bring it with you and does it work well. I just got my Toshiba back after being a couple of years with my son and so I have to learn how to operate it on the WIFi.
Cheers
Don't worry love there were plenty of people around. Couples walking their dogs, cyclists etc. it's a bank holiday today so everyone was making the most of the sunshine . Yes I brought my laptop with me. I bought it in Australia and its worked just fine both in the US and here . Getting it to connect to WIFi is easy
Old May 6th 2013, 2:21 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Lovely, lovely photos! You certainly lucked out as far as your accommodations
I definitely did . I am truly blessed
Old May 6th 2013, 2:25 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Can you believe all those bears were shoved into a suitcase??? I wasn't going to leave them behind
I should think not! You are a girl after my own heart. I brought all my stuffed animals too and have even added to my collection. It has to stop now, otherwise you wont be able to find a place to sit in my living room.
Old May 6th 2013, 3:08 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by lf1
I should think not! You are a girl after my own heart. I brought all my stuffed animals too and have even added to my collection. It has to stop now, otherwise you wont be able to find a place to sit in my living room.
Well the big bear on my bed is nearly 30 years old. I do have others but they're boxed up in Australia waiting to be sent over . I'm looking forward to that day
Old May 6th 2013, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

I've worked 12 hour shifts before, and as long as I'm busy the time really seems to go faster than it does for an 8 hour shift. At least to me.. But I'm getting older of course and it will depend on whether I'm sitting down for the entire shift, moving around the warehouse, or standing up.

The sun is actually out today - shock !!! It doesn't feel cold, so today is a perfect day to go explore the other side of the canal, and this time I'm going to take my camera with me.

I haven't had a single twinge! I'm not homesick...but I do miss my friends. I do miss being able to watch Hell's Kitchen...lol But there's so many new shows starting soon that I'll be spoiled for choice!
Do you have any family at all living in the UK?
Old May 6th 2013, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Everyone was lovely and was saying Good Morning or in the case of some people 'Alright love?' I even stopped half way around at the ice cream van and had a 99 It's such a beautiful day,
I almost cried with jealousy reading that part especially that you had a '99 Was there loads of raspberry sauce/juice on it too ?

PS loved the photos too, and that nice plaque on a seat that was in memory of an elderly couple I assume, that was very touching

Last edited by ElizabethK; May 6th 2013 at 3:43 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.