Wikiposts

First Update

Old May 9th 2013, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

What are 0845 and 0870 numbers?

Last edited by windsong; May 9th 2013 at 10:07 am.
Old May 9th 2013, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Linzi!!!!!!!!!!!

You deserve a medal for everything you have accomplished in under one month of being back in the UK!!!!!

And today you got a job!! You must be SO happy!!!!!! You deserve it!
Old May 9th 2013, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Congratulations, Linzi!!!!!!!!!!!

You deserve a medal for everything you have accomplished in under one month of being back in the UK!!!!!

And today you got a job!! You must be SO happy!!!!!! You deserve it!
Windsong, you are next...if WhoFan can do it, so can you!!! (Might help if you move to her area - they seem to be awfully nice people there).
Old May 9th 2013, 12:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I believe they are the numbers you are given to call when you need a service, like the job center or telephone number, they change a premium for it, and I think the company you call get a cut too. The website linked gives you info on how to get a regular number so you don't get charged a lot for making a call.
Old May 9th 2013, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Good link, I've book marked it for future use.
Me too....thanks xx
Old May 9th 2013, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

You have certainly been busy the past couple weeks and you have done SO WELL. So Good Luck with your job. I know the taxi is expensive but at least you got some kind of discount. I hope you job goes well and you like it ok. You are truly and inspiration.
Old May 9th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Thank you! All that stress of a few weeks ago seems like such a long time ago. To think I actually received my passport, booked my airline ticket the same day and flew out a few days later, and now this!!

I just love my housemates and my new furry friends. I just wish I could keep the little gate open and let them come upstairs at night, but there's also a resident cat and I'm sorry to say I'm not a cat person! So the one night I left the gate open and my bedroom door open, I had the cat coming in and making himself right at home - on my head and on my bed..lol. There's black cat fur all over everything and I have a white bedspread and a white sheepskin throw rug at the bottom, so you can imagine what they look like?? So unfortunately now I have to keep my door shut! Oh well - they definitely get lots of kisses and cuddles every time I see them to make up for it.

I've had to book myself a taxi for tomorrow morning, to make sure I'm not late and I'll also have to book for the next 3 days after as well. No buses at that time in the morning. At least it's only for another 2 months and then they're transferring over to the Kingsway centre which is just a 10 minute walk from home. I've actually found a taxi company that will do me a deal with the fare and as I'll be a regular customer for at least the next couple of months they'll only charge me £8, as opposed to the £10 I've been quoted by other companies. So I made a quick dash to the shops up the road and I just when you go to the ATM and get cash that they dispense £50's, £20, £10's and even £5 notes. Try THAT in the US or Australia..

Oh and the best part is I get a uniform, so no having to think about what to wear everyday!

I'm such a happy camper right now!
Congratulations, such good news and I am sure you will be very happy. I have enjoyed reading your posts on here of your journey to a new life!
Old May 9th 2013, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

They are premium rate phone numbers, often attached to government services but also to other services both public and private. They are excluded from the free minutes included with mobile phone plans and cost far more than calling a normal (geographic) number would anyway. There are often geographic alternatives (beginning with 01xxx or 02xxx) and increasingly services are offering an 03xxx number which also counts as a geographic number. All geographic numbers, as far as I know, are included in the free minutes a mobile phone plan has.
Old May 9th 2013, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Almo and Mummy, these numbers sound like US 800 numbers but in reverse Why ever do companies in the UK use these because it sounds as if they would receive fewer callers because they cost more.

I need to read up on these geographic numbers, too. I wonder what they are all about.
Old May 9th 2013, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Windsong, you are next...if WhoFan can do it, so can you!!! (Might help if you move to her area - they seem to be awfully nice people there).
Ohhh, how I WISH it was possible!! However, I have pets to take with me and it will be take longer to find a decent rental that will take pets. I wish I could do what WhoFan did and just get on a plane, stay at a B&B and pray I hit gold like she did but in my case I don't think it would work because of the pets.

I also need to find a permanent job right here so I can begin to save. I am still doing temp work because the job market is SO bad here. They don't want highly qualified people any more; they want the cheapest! It's been like this for 8 months now.

I began a business in marketing/promotions but I have been so depressed about things here, I haven't put much into it recently

The areas I have on my list are Edinburgh area, Fife - both in Scotland - and Norfolk, Somerset, Lancashire and Yorkshire in England. I still need to do a detailed comparison of job availability, job earnings and cost of living in these areas, along with getting educated about the demographics of each area because I don't want to move to an area that is congested.

Last edited by windsong; May 9th 2013 at 10:59 pm.
Old May 9th 2013, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Almo and Mummy, these numbers sound like US 800 numbers but in reverse Why ever do companies in the UK use these because it sounds as if they would receive fewer callers because they cost more.

I need to read up on these geographic numbers, too. I wonder what they are all about.

Geographic numbers are just normal landline numbers with the area code of the town preceding the phone number.

It's all a bit of a racket really.
I have a payg mobile which I rarely use and rely on our BT landline for almost all of my calls. With BT the 0845 and 0870 numbers are free within the terms of the plan but many other numbers are not such as calls to mobiles and true premium numbers such as those beginning to 09.
I made a list which I have next to the phone so I can check whether or not I will be charged for a call before I pick up the phone.
What I have found though, is that it pays to take a look at the website for the company you are intending to call, as very often if you look hard enough there is a geographic number there somewhere. It may not be for the particular department that you are needing to speak with but they will usually transfer you.
Old May 9th 2013, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh, how I WISH it was possible!! However, I have pets to take with me and it will be take longer to find a decent rental that will take pets. I wish I could do what WhoFan did and just get on a plane, stay at a B&B and pray I hit gold like she did but in my case I don't think it would work because of the pets.

I also need to find a permanent job right here so I can begin to save. I am still doing temp work because the job market is SO bad here. They don't want highly qualified people any more; they want the cheapest! It's been like this for 8 months now.

I began a business in marketing/promotions but I have been so depressed about things here, I haven't put much into it recently

The areas I have on my list are Edinburgh area, Fife - both in Scotland - and Norfolk, Somerset, Lancashire and Yorkshire in England. I still need to do a detailed comparison of job availability, job earnings and cost of living in these areas, along with getting educated about the demographics of each area because I don't want to move to an area that is congested.
http://www.housingcare.org/service/s...are-eden-.aspx

Have a look at this example of a homeshare scheme - this is for Cumbria. Could be great for you at least for maybe the first year. Might be able to find a place that will welcome your pets and you could take your time looking for work.
Old May 9th 2013, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anxiously awaiting news of your first day at work, Linzi
Old May 10th 2013, 1:22 am
Lelo

lelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on all WhoFan!!! Amazing updates!
Old May 10th 2013, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations WhoFan! It's great to hear your good news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.