Tasmania??

Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by Teabag
we drank it all during the move!!! r u still gigging at the grand?
Yes, but not sure when the next one is-probably in Feb-I'll let you know when we get the dates.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Teabag
you lot have been quiet, have to bump this thread back to 1st page!

We moved house to Huonville on Friday, still haven't go the internet on am using the Library at the moment.

Move went well, have far too much stuff, I think a garage sale is looking definate sometime. Love the house. All is good.
Hi teabag
glad to hear your move went well. All the best in your new home.
Carina
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Yes, but not sure when the next one is-probably in Feb-I'll let you know when we get the dates.
Hi Ian, what instrument do you play? (or are you a singer!)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by travelbug
I'm interested to know too !!! (sad little lives we lead!!!!!)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

I play the bass (guitar not upright bass)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

I play the bass (guitar not upright bass)
aaah...yep i can see that - having met you i can actually imagine you playing the guitar
i guess you / or at least your band must be pretty good to actually get booked in for gigs somewhere...
What kind of music do you play / get inspiration from? (just being nosey there!)...

Have you seen a few local bands since being on the Island? where in Hobart do they normally play? I do like a live band myself...one of my ex-boyfriends (ex fiancee of 7 years) was a drummer in a band, although they took inspiration from ACDC and other similar bands so it was always quite loud in the studio they used to rehearse in!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

aaah...yep i can see that - having met you i can actually imagine you playing the guitar
i guess you / or at least your band must be pretty good to actually get booked in for gigs somewhere...
What kind of music do you play / get inspiration from? (just being nosey there!)...

Have you seen a few local bands since being on the Island? where in Hobart do they normally play? I do like a live band myself...one of my ex-boyfriends (ex fiancee of 7 years) was a drummer in a band, although they took inspiration from ACDC and other similar bands so it was always quite loud in the studio they used to rehearse in!
we're a covers band as you might expect-we do anything from AC/DC, Cold Chisel, Muddy Waters, George Thorogood, Stones, Wilson Pickett, Choirboys, Diesel, Quo, Screaming Jets, Reef, Kinks, Foghat etc etc-whatever the crowd wants basically.

There are quite a few good venues in town e.g the Republic just down the road from us :
http://www.republicbar.com/

also the Brisbane Hotel, The Mayf, Alley Cat etc.

Bigger-name bands play at the DEC and the Theatre Royal, and there are also outdoor gigs through the summer at various places.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hello everyone

A quick update, we are still negotiating the price of the house!

But I had a really exciting day yesterday! Duncan's boss kindly offered to take me and Alex into the forest to see how the logging works. And my god it was fantastic! We saw the pine trees cut down, stripped and piled up ready for the log trucks to come and collect them. All the wood goes to a company called Norski Skog a norwegon company that provides over 70% of Australias newspaper. Its a very impressive operation, they only cut down young pine trees around 8-10 years old from specially sown plantation sites. And I got to drive one of the machines It was totally awsome!!! I have some pictures too, I will try and figure out how to put them on here some time this evening and share them with you.

On a sadder note though, unfortunately the Bishops have decided to go back to England I will really really miss them, we struck up a really lovely friendship and our kids played nicely together Mark has had a job offer that he couldn't refuse in London, a job that he always dreamed of. So they decided to go back and to see how it goes. I wish them all the luck in the world and hope that they will be very happy.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Tasmania??-forest-013.jpg

Tasmania??-forest-023.jpg

Tasmania??-forest-019.jpg

Tasmania??-forest-026.jpg

The big one with the arm across the road is the mother of all the machines its called a Tigercat Fell Buncher, that one chops the trees down. And the red one is called a Forwarder that takes the logs out the bush and piles them up for the log trucks, I drove that one!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

suttons will become famous soon enoughsuttons will become famous soon enough

Hey Kerry,

wow it looks amazing, i bet it was a lot of fun. And i know you will miss Corinne but on a good note, we cant wait to see our family this weekend, lotss of hugs coming their way. Yippeeee !!!!!! (and you never know, they can always come back).

Shona x
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Attachment 61001

Attachment 61002

Attachment 61003

Attachment 61004

The big one with the arm across the road is the mother of all the machines its called a Tigercat Fell Buncher, that one chops the trees down. And the red one is called a Forwarder that takes the logs out the bush and piles them up for the log trucks, I drove that one!!

Wow Kerry - that looks great. I'll show Andy & Eden these pics when they get home later - they'll love seeing these (especially Andy as you know what he's like when it comes to machinery!) hmmm....probably cant work out which one of you was probably more excited - Kerry or Alex? hmmmm.....tough one that going by the grins on both of your faces! Looks like you had a great day!

and with regards to your previous post - yes it is sad news about the Bishops leaving Tassie....i heard the news yesterday... but like you - i wish them all the happiness in the world and hope things work out for them once they're back home here in Romford.....
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

we're a covers band as you might expect-we do anything from AC/DC, Cold Chisel, Muddy Waters, George Thorogood, Stones, Wilson Pickett, Choirboys, Diesel, Quo, Screaming Jets, Reef, Kinks, Foghat etc etc-whatever the crowd wants basically.

There are quite a few good venues in town e.g the Republic just down the road from us :
http://www.republicbar.com/

also the Brisbane Hotel, The Mayf, Alley Cat etc.

Bigger-name bands play at the DEC and the Theatre Royal, and there are also outdoor gigs through the summer at various places.
Hi Ian, i recognise a few of the bands you listed - but not all of them!
Sounds like a good pub band mixture though! I'll have to check out some of these places when we get to the Island!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by suttons
Hey Kerry,

wow it looks amazing, i bet it was a lot of fun. And i know you will miss Corinne but on a good note, we cant wait to see our family this weekend, lotss of hugs coming their way. Yippeeee !!!!!! (and you never know, they can always come back).

Shona x
I hope they do come back. And I hope you guys come out too, I've heard lots about you. All good of course

The job must be something special to take them away from this place. But best of luck to them and enjoy your re-union!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry

Like the pictures! Will show hubby, he's mad on trees, loves growing them, loves chopping wood, loves our log burner - we call him Woodman!

Good luck on the house negotiations

Sam
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Attachment 61001

Attachment 61002

Attachment 61003

Attachment 61004

Hi Kerry
Great pictures ! you must have had a brill time, and I was thinking what a friendly bunch they must be to let you do that. I will show OH when he gets back, he'll be very interested to see the machinery out there. I'm getting really excited about coming over now, the kids keep talking about it a lot too! haven't booked flights yet, but hoping to do it this week maybe.
Sorry to hear about your friends coming back to the UK, I wish them a lot of luck for the future. Sounds like you'll soon have lots more friends coming over!
Hope you get the house your after, interest rate situation is pretty bad over here, I think you moved at a good time, we are wondering what would be the best move for us, as you proabably know, that the pound is getting weaker against the Aus dollar. There is also talk of recession here, so not looking good
Ah well - I'm sure we'll work something out !
Carina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.