Tasmania??

Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by travelbug
How far is your new house from Hobart? I remember you saying that a 20min drive to the locals is a long distance - although to us that's not really a long journey at all - or for you having come from the mainland!
Huonville to Kingston about 20-25 minutes - reasonable shopping there.

Huonville to Hobart about 35-40 minutes

I don't mind the drive - the scenery is great!!

Horrigans - Tassie is a great place for kids, clean air Life is what you make it, if you want things to keep kids amused there are a few play centres, the cinema's, skating, bowling, etc. But if you are prepared to put some effort in, there are national parks for exploring, river's and beaches for paddling or kayaking, fishing, etc.

Talisman, welcome to our Tassie thread! Where are you coming from?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by talisman
hI, just wanted to say hello to everyone, we are moving to Tasmania, fingers crossed. Heading to Hobart. We have three kids and cant wait to get there.
What a great place to start our new life.
Jane
Hi Jane! When are you hoping to move out there? And how old are your kids? I know hubs is a bit torn about ours leaving behind their grandparents in Qld, especially because they've already had to leave behind one set in the UK. Hopefully he'll get his happy head on about this fairly soon, as we're hoping to be in Tas by March at the latest!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Teabag

Horrigans - Tassie is a great place for kids, clean air Life is what you make it, if you want things to keep kids amused there are a few play centres, the cinema's, skating, bowling, etc. But if you are prepared to put some effort in, there are national parks for exploring, river's and beaches for paddling or kayaking, fishing, etc.
Teabag - thanks for the info! We love outdoorsy stuff so walking, beaches anything like that's cool by me. I'm sure we'll find something to do, but I know my 4 year old is desperate to make friends, so I'll keep an eye out for playgroups etc for her. I'm sure it'll all be good.

Sarah
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

suttons will become famous soon enoughsuttons will become famous soon enough

Hey everyone

Bishops landed safely yesterday, we saw them all was great, lots of hugs and all the kids played for ages, by about 6pm last night they were really jet lagged as had forced them selves to stay awake, hopefully they are gonna pop over to us for dinner this week and we can have a real good chat to see what they are thinking, couldnt really do that yesterday as they needed to just chill. Hopefully now they have been back here (albeit only for day) they will realise how beautiful tassie is, and despite the cost at least they will definately know this time where they want to be, so it would all be worth it.

Shona x
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suttons
Hey everyone

Bishops landed safely yesterday, we saw them all was great, lots of hugs and all the kids played for ages, by about 6pm last night they were really jet lagged as had forced them selves to stay awake, hopefully they are gonna pop over to us for dinner this week and we can have a real good chat to see what they are thinking, couldnt really do that yesterday as they needed to just chill. Hopefully now they have been back here (albeit only for day) they will realise how beautiful tassie is, and despite the cost at least they will definately know this time where they want to be, so it would all be worth it.

Shona x

Hi Shona, glad to hear everyone arrived in Romford safely. I imagine it was lovely to see them all.
The weather will be a bit of a shock for them having just left a Tassie summer - seeing as it's thick fog this morning in Romford!
I do hope this trip does make them decide what they're going to do. How long are they planning on staying before flying back to Tassie?
Anyway, say hi to Corrinne from me when you see her during the week....
Cathy
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

suttons will become famous soon enoughsuttons will become famous soon enough

dont know yet how long, not to long as they need to decided about schools etc, will definately say hi for you, its miserable today with the fog.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

talisman will become famous soon enough

dont know yet how long, not to long as they need to decided about schools etc, will definately say hi for you, its miserable today with the fog.
Hi, we are waiting for visa and have house to sell. But fingers crossed will be in Tas by end of summer. We are coming from Yorkshire UK. our kids are 7, 4 and 3. Would love to meet Tassie friends and chat. Cant wait to go. Look for email from DIAC every day. One day we may get visa? waiting for CO. Meds finalised January. Tasmania seems a great place for little kids and the houses are fab. We are all excited. Its all we think about and talk about. Love to read everyones threads, great reading. Glad i found this web site.
Jane
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hi, we are waiting for visa and have house to sell. But fingers crossed will be in Tas by end of summer. We are coming from Yorkshire UK. our kids are 7, 4 and 3. Would love to meet Tassie friends and chat. Cant wait to go. Look for email from DIAC every day. One day we may get visa? waiting for CO. Meds finalised January. Tasmania seems a great place for little kids and the houses are fab. We are all excited. Its all we think about and talk about. Love to read everyones threads, great reading. Glad i found this web site.
Jane
oooooh I remember those times of excitement waiting for the emails for the next stage to develope!! It seems like an age ago now It was only this time last year we were nervous about having our meds

Good luck to you and your family, you have a fun rollercoaster ride ahead of you, well some of it not fun, but when you finally get here it will all be worth it! Tassi is a truly wonderful place and I can't beleive we are actually living here

Don't worry about making friends there are a few of us here and loads on the way, so by the time you guys are ready to come there will be an army of friends waiting to greet you! We have a 4 year old boy who just loves to make friends so kids will be happy too.

Kerry
X
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Ah what a releif they arrived ok. Give them all my love from me and tell them to get their Tassi heads on, but I bet they won't need any encouragement once they get out and about in sunny Romford!
Be sure they pop me an email to let me know when to let the furniture blokes in Presuming of course that they will be back

Kerry
X
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Jane
welcome to the thread!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Blimey, it sounds like Tassie is becoming the place to be! (Sshh, don't tell anyone else)

Zoe - Hope you are enjoying some peace and quiet, they'll be back before you know it

Kerry - Glad to know all going well with your house, hubby loved the story about the roo poo, not sure he'd be so impressed if our dog rolled in it, as she loves to do here! (Fox and badger ppo, rahter than roo!)
Bit scared about the spiders, I get pretty freaked by them, I frequently have nightmares about them climbing on me and wake up yelling and flapping around, god knows what I'll be like in Oz. Years ago when we briefly considered emigrating I was put off by the insect life but this time I can't let my silly fears stop us from doing it. I'm not especially worried about the poisonous bit, I just can't stand the way they scuttle and then go under the bed where you can't get them

Hello to Jane and Sarah

We had a viewing on the house on Saturday, not heard anything back but a good sign anyway, especially as house has only been on the market for 3 weeks. Here's hoping for some more soon

Sam

Last edited by Sammy T; Jan 28th 2008 at 12:54 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi all

Blimey, it sounds like Tassie is beoming the place to be! (Sshh, don't tell anyone else)

Sam

you're right - there seems to be a few of us wanting to head to Tassie this year! Hope not too many people discover Tassie's charms!
Otherwise it may become another Little England like we found parts of Perth to be!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

To all those out there on the Tassie thread who may have relatives that are a little negative about their move......

Just wanted to share my Dad's little comment from Saturday afternoon :-

"so do you need a visa or something to go to Oz then"....

Er, hello Dad - what took us 18months to get? what did we get in April? and why did we go to Oz in November?

Parents eh! talk about proof that whenever i talk about Oz it goes in one ear and out the other!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
To all those out there on the Tassie thread who may have relatives that are a little negative about their move......

Just wanted to share my Dad's little comment from Saturday afternoon :-

"so do you need a visa or something to go to Oz then"....

Er, hello Dad - what took us 18months to get? what did we get in April? and why did we go to Oz in November?

Parents eh! talk about proof that whenever i talk about Oz it goes in one ear and out the other!
What are they like??

My mum had us rolling on the floor when she was with us over Xmas, apart from thinking we are going to live like Mick Dundee, she said
"Its strange, but I don't think we have kangaroos here in the UK"

And this was before she hit the bubbly!

After showing her some properties on the real estate site, she like the look of one with a granny flat - OMG, no, no, no! She would drive me nuts in a week, she still can't quite understand why we haven't chosen Sydney, as this is the only place in Oz that she can identify with!

Sam
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
What are they like??

My mum had us rolling on the floor when she was with us over Xmas, apart from thinking we are going to live like Mick Dundee, she said
"Its strange, but I don't think we have kangaroos here in the UK"

And this was before she hit the bubbly!

After showing her some properties on the real estate site, she like the look of one with a granny flat - OMG, no, no, no! She would drive me nuts in a week, she still can't quite understand why we haven't chosen Sydney, as this is the only place in Oz that she can identify with!

Sam

a Granny flat - I think i'd be showing her 1 bed apts next time on the realestate site! My mother in law is used to flying to Oz as OH's sister has lived in Perth for 17years - but she is in her 70's now - and i think asking her to fly to Tassie and do that extra flight or two on from Perth is asking a bit too much..... Cant say i'm overly upset that she may not be able to visit us (you'd have to meet her to appreciate how nasty that might seem!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.