Reload this Page >

Sydney VS Melbourne

Sydney VS Melbourne

Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:38 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney VS Melbourne

Originally Posted by IvanM
... and you all drink way too small beers.
WTF? Where does that come from?

I've never been into a Mellie pub that doesn't do pints. In Sydney I've never been able to get more than a schooner (except for 1 pub where they did 650ml glasses but only for one type of beer).
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:22 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

you all drink way too small beers.
Come over here and say that
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:19 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
WTF? Where does that come from?

I've never been into a Mellie pub that doesn't do pints. In Sydney I've never been able to get more than a schooner (except for 1 pub where they did 650ml glasses but only for one type of beer).
I asked for a beer there and I got given something resembling a thimble. WTF was that. Is it because you can't handle it.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked for a beer there and I got given something resembling a thimble. WTF was that. Is it because you can't handle it.
Strange question from the man drinking teeny beers in an "unknown" bar

As said before I always ask for a pint and in Mellie that's what I get.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

I am planning to move to Sydney.

55% of my mind says go to Sydney
45% of my mind says go to Melourne.

I am struggle between the 2 cities. I don't know which one to choose.

Ok how about the asian people with IT background trying to settle in Australia? which city do you

Last edited by live2learn; Mar 25th 2009 at 12:50 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not there are more Live Venues, Night clubs and Bars in Melbourne than Sydney.

http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/bars_clubs/all = 1974 listings

http://sydney.citysearch.com.au/bars_clubs/all = 1603 listings

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 25th 2009 at 1:10 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Thanks for the reply ozzieeagle,

But what about jobs I mean I have an IT background and with degrees and certificates. Will it be hard from me to get a job.

Does race or cast matter much. I mean, I am an asian and how is the market condition for newcommers?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Believe it or not there are more Live Venues, Night clubs and Bars in Melbourne than Sydney.

http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/bars_clubs/all = 1974 listings

http://sydney.citysearch.com.au/bars_clubs/all = 1603 listings
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live2learn
Thanks for the reply ozzieeagle,

But what about jobs I mean I have an IT background and with degrees and certificates. Will it be hard from me to get a job.

Does race or cast matter much. I mean, I am an asian and how is the market condition for newcommers?
I know very little about the Job Market for IT people, So cannot help you. I wouldn't have felt there was much difference between Sydney and Melbourne on most aspects though.

Rains more in Sydney, Melbournes Dustier, Better Transport in Melbourne, and slightly easier to get about. Sydneys a World city, and one feels closer to things outside of Australia, because of contact with more tourism, plus its the first place celebrities come. More hills over most of Sydney makes for more interesting vistas maybe. Supposedly Far more Ethnic tension in Sydney, With Ethnic gangs hunting one another. Get a lot more drive by shootings up there, but only within certain groups.

If I were a newcomer to this country, I'd have all sorts of trouble choosing.

I'm now convinced there is more to do and things to see in Melbourne, but only slightly more.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 25th 2009 at 1:38 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice

Melbourne for me .... 1st choice !
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi ozzieegle,

I couldn't agree with you more, you are right about Sydney that its the first place celebrities come.

Plus Sydney is known to be the most happening city.

People when they think of Australia, they think of Sydney, maybe only because of the opera house? I dont know.

So then whats good in Melbourne?

Also, how is the housing cost etc in Melbourne compared to Sydney?

I know very little about the Job Market for IT people, So cannot help you. I wouldn't have felt there was much difference between Sydney and Melbourne on most aspects though.

Rains more in Sydney, Melbournes Dustier, Better Transport in Melbourne, and slightly easier to get about. Sydneys a World city, and one feels closer to things outside of Australia, because of contact with more tourism, plus its the first place celebrities come. More hills over most of Sydney makes for more interesting vistas maybe. Supposedly Far more Ethnic tension in Sydney, With Ethnic gangs hunting one another. Get a lot more drive by shootings up there, but only within certain groups.

If I were a newcomer to this country, I'd have all sorts of trouble choosing.

I'm now convinced there is more to do and things to see in Melbourne, but only slightly more.

Last edited by live2learn; Mar 25th 2009 at 2:18 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi sram466,

Are you in IT field by any chance?

How is the IT market in Melbourne, roughly?

Originally Posted by sram466
Melbourne for me .... 1st choice !
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice

Hi sram466,

Are you in IT field by any chance?

How is the IT market in Melbourne, roughly?
I'm in the Telecommunication Market, Mobile Telecom to be exact. Would welcome any job offer in mobile or mobile-related market.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi ozzieegle,

I couldn't agree with you more, you are right about Sydney that its the first place celebrities come.

Plus Sydney is known to be the most happening city.

People when they think of Australia, they think of Sydney, maybe only because of the opera house? I dont know.

So then whats good in Melbourne?

Also, how is the housing cost etc in Melbourne compared to Sydney?

Known as the most happening city, but thats what we in Aus call a Furphy, there is probably more happening in Melbourne.

Melbourne is probably about 10 pct cheaper, overall. Same problem as every city, where people really want to be is very expensive and above the average price. To buy a decent 2 bedroom apartment in a desirable area here, I would say you need 350,000 to 400000 bucks. All depends what you want though. If it's life on your doorstep, then I'd stand by my priceing.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks ozzieeagle for the prices and how about sharing a flat with someone as I am single now and would like to share it with someone in the beginning of my trip.

Known as the most happening city, but thats what we in Aus call a Furphy, there is probably more happening in Melbourne.

Melbourne is probably about 10 pct cheaper, overall. Same problem as every city, where people really want to be is very expensive and above the average price. To buy a decent 2 bedroom apartment in a desirable area here, I would say you need 350,000 to 400000 bucks. All depends what you want though. If it's life on your doorstep, then I'd stand by my priceing.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks ozzieeagle for the prices and how about sharing a flat with someone as I am single now and would like to share it with someone in the beginning of my trip.

You should be able to get a very good share flat for a combined total of 360 to 400 dollars per week, or 180 to 200 dollars each. I'm talking in the better areas here.

Heres an example, You wouldnt need a car at this address.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1237992418

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.