Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth or Adelaide

Perth or Adelaide

Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth or Adelaide

At least Melbourne isn't so far away.[/QUOTE]

Like Perth?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kristo
Adelaide was given the name 'City of churches' due to religious freedom, not religious fantacism.

Don't let me stand in the way of a good Adelaide bashing though..
who's bashed it? and who said it was related to religious fantacism?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:42 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide was given the name 'City of churches' due to religious freedom, not religious fantacism.

After all the uninformed drivel I read about Perth on here I am not going to miss the opportunity to have a go at somewhere else
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

Kristo's correct with that statement, if you want to see Super Churches , come to Sydney, god botherers abound...........
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I would say look at the licencing situation for electricians in both states - then decide.

Look in the Electricians forum for links to licencing etc, and also information from other sparkies.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Kristo has a spectacular aura aboutKristo has a spectacular aura aboutKristo has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by worzel
After all the uninformed drivel I read about Perth on here I am not going to miss the opportunity to have a go at somewhere else
Thanks for that Worzel. My first laugh of the day I've never been to Perth but I can say, with authority, that it's incredibly boring..and the flies...

Bridie, sorry if I got all hot and bothered. Adelaide gets a lot of 'oh, it's full of religious nutters..' type comments. I'm getting to be quite the grumpy old man
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:10 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I like the fact that people think Adelaide is a weird place to live , it keeps the real weirdos away.........And for the poster who has not been to Adelaide ,How can you say it reminds you of England ? if you have never been here? ........Perth and Adelaide have very similar Climates, Adelaide just took the record off perth for the hottest capital city in Australia ........and remember people .There is a lot more to South Australia than Adelaide,,,,,,mm
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:48 pm
Banned

morgan11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s/nurse
I don't mind people knocking Adelaide, it makes me laugh.

We have lived here for just over two years.....living it and loving it.....don't knock it until you have tried it.

I would not say anything detremental about another place if I had not personally lived there, I hate it when people start by saying 'I have heard that...' do they really trust everything they 'hear'.

jacqui
How many tv channels do you get in oz
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morgan11
How many tv channels do you get in oz

5 - it's just like the UK

There's Foxtel as well, which is like sky (I think, I don't have it)
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Don't get me started........ the weather here is cold in Winter and effin boilin in Summer!....
Its not like Perth and its not like Melbourne.....its suits some people very well, but I personally think Perth is lovely and only reason I wouldn't live there is that its isolated...even more than being stuck down in any part of Australia is!

Australia is full of the god squad....they are everywhere!

There is little fashion.......

Telly is shite everywhere.....

sense of humour and intellectual debate are at a premium everywhere!!!!
so there!!!!!

Last edited by pompeyblonde; Apr 22nd 2008 at 5:50 am. Reason: can't spell intellectual!! hehe!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:33 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Don't get me started........ the weather here is cold in Winter and effin boilin in Summer!....
Its not like Perth and its not like Melbourne.....its suits some people very well, but I personally think Perth is lovely and only reason I wouldn't live there is that its isolated...even more than being stuck down in any part of Australia is!

Australia is full of the god squad....they are everywhere!

There is little fashion.......

Telly is shite everywhere.....

sense of humour and intellectual debate are at a premium everywhere!!!!
so there!!!!!
so you dont like it then.......mm
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

starsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to allstarsun is a name known to all

I would choose Perth definitely. The previous poster who rabbited on about Perth being full of shopping malls and bad fashion sense must clearly spend their entire time in the outer suburbs. If you live inner city, like Subiaco, Leederville, North Perth, there are no shopping malls and the fashion sense is top notch.

Perth has good restaurants, great beaches, plenty of culture and plenty of parks. I have not been to Adelaide, but trust me, Perth is the bomb!
But I am 100% biased. I grew up in Perth and my family and friends live there. But I have lived in many other cities, including Sydney, New York, Moscow, etc and Perth beats those hands down. However, once again, it's probably because it's my home town.

Objectively though - I still think Perth is great. Just don't live miles away in the suburbs - then it could potentially suck. But I imagine Adelaide would suck just as much if you are stuck in the suburbs....
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Perth or Adelaide...............
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:27 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

adelaide..
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:56 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by aston man
adelaide..
How dare you!!!

I'm gonna stick a pin up ur arse now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.