Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by kporte
as someone in the application process i find it unsettling that the crap things about oz thread has three times the posts of the good things thread!

Well I have nothing to moan about if that helps at all
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:53 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

as someone in the application process i find it unsettling that the crap things about oz thread has three times the posts of the good things thread!
People get sick of telling the same thing.

Reality is some love it...some hate it.

You wont really know till you get here

Good luck
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well I have nothing to moan about if that helps at all
Me neither.

Except there's no bloody Tesco's.

Or M & S

Chuffin hell.

I'm off back
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
People get sick of telling the same thing.

Reality is some love it...some hate it.

You wont really know till you get here

Good luck

People get sick of telling the same thing, unless they are whinging then they'll say it over and over and over.....
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:56 am
Account Closed

People get sick of telling the same thing, unless they are whinging then they'll say it over and over and over.....
ROFPMSL...aye...tha's not wrong lass
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:57 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissydeb
The easiest way to get on the UK property ladder is to get pregnant at a young age.......you get a council house, then after 10 years you get a 75% discount to buy it. Hence saved yourself approx. 75K. MADNESS!!!!!!!!
Not strictly true - Try getting a council house these days (pregnant or not), very difficult - I don't think councils build their own homes anymore, most social housing is built by other agencies/organisations.

The discount you get is on a sliding scale and you will never get the house for less than it cost to build. Also most authorities will have set a maximum discount that you can get and its not nearly as high as you quote.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Me neither.

Except there's no bloody Tesco's.

Or M & S

Chuffin hell.

I'm off back

There is a shop here in SA called Cunningham's warehouse that sell M&S knickers for $4.95 a pair
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:01 am
Account Closed

There is a shop here in SA called Cunningham's warehouse that sell M&S knickers for $4.95 a pair
You lucky sod. That's it then. I'm moving states
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=arkon][QUOTE=Lord Pom Percy]
Originally Posted by arkon
The idiots that think you can instantly sell a 50 acre farm and return home.

It's been up for a year and we have had 3 viewings! No offers.
There is no money in farming anywhere. Many a poor farmer in UK too.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:06 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh the whingers come out of the woodwork to have a good moan when these threads appear. I think what you should do is compare the quality of the posts on both threads, rather than the quantity.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Misery loves company. Or, to put it another way ... birds of a feather, whinge together.

No reason to be put off by threads like this. I've been posting less and less here on account of enjoying my new life here - suspect the same is true for lots of people. But when you're busy wallowing in it, there's really nothing better than an internet forum and a group of fellow inadequates.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:14 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Misery loves company. Or, to put it another way ... birds of a feather, whinge together.

No reason to be put off by threads like this. I've been posting less and less here on account of enjoying my new life here - suspect the same is true for lots of people. But when you're busy wallowing in it, there's really nothing better than an internet forum and a group of fellow inadequates.

lol true. i'm on all the time as i wait impatiently for a visa, but like to think when i'm there i will be out on the deck with a coldy
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:17 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

lol true. i'm on all the time as i wait impatiently for a visa, but like to think when i'm there i will be out on the deck with a coldy

You will be. Life's what you make it... It really doesn't matter where you are at the end of the day - these people would moan in the UK too, which is why they moved here in the first place.. now they're here, they're moaning here too! It's all about where you are in your head.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:18 am
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mr mover
Wake up your in another country............... mm
Really? Wowoooo!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peppi
love australia the country...worst thing about it is the australians...

No Class
No Manners
No dress sense
No culture
Cant STAND losing at anything and are never wrong nooo...treat you as if you just fell off the banana boat most of the time

Nuckle dragging neanderthals in my opinion

Love the country thou
Sounds like alot of Brits as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.