Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:38 am
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by northernbird
one of the best posts I have seen in ages, karma on way.
Ditto, was getting quite depressed reading this thread
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:38 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Really? I've been here 6 months and only seen two lots of bikers and they seemed to be on their side of the road.
Maybe you're thinking of another Blue Mountains?
I assume you haven't driven in six months then? <g>

Down the Putty road and across the divide via Kangaroo Valley or McQuarie pass esp. weekends you encounter dozens of them - often dozens at a time in groups. It makes going round the hairpins... interesting! Every so often you come across one lying in the trees.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:02 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wol

Down the Putty road and across the divide via Kangaroo Valley or McQuarie pass esp. weekends you encounter dozens of them - often dozens at a time in groups. It makes going round the hairpins... interesting! Every so often you come across one lying in the trees.
Never owned a motorbike then?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

kaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to behold

There are cyclists in the UK too... more and more of the buggers hogging the roads who seem unable to ride in single or double file. Driving round the roads in Bucks, it was a miracle I didn't kill a whole pod of the sods.

Why are so many people finding it dull? I'm having a blast... doing lots of stuff... Why so dull for you K?
I think where I come from, they must all be lazy buggers cos I've never seen as many cyclists in my life. I drive down the beach Rd to Melbourne each morning and there are zillions of them - horrible when I've just had me brekkie too!

We do tend to try to do lots of stuff, especially on a weekend - we are always trying to explore new places etc., but we just find the general pace of life here far too slow - great for relaxing and winding down for a few weeks but we all miss the general buzz of the UK, the great nightlife, music scene and lively towns - everyone here seems to be in bed by 8pm most nights.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:37 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Never owned a motorbike then?
Yes* - and your point is?

*Was some 45 years ago though <g>
Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:01 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaiajo
everyone here seems to be in bed by 8pm most nights.
Keep it down some of us are trying to sleep (or play ).
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:41 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Thats a hell of a price crash. How come its dropped in value so much ?
It hasn't. For what it is it's worth it, but no one in this area has that kind of money or very very few anyway. So to sell it I have to get it in the price range of more potential people hence the daft drop in price because we want to move. To stand any real chance of selling it this year I would have to halve its price! Or I can do what we are doing and stick it out and wait.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:49 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christinabell
Arkon I have never said the oath, because surprise surprise, Im Australian born and bred. If I was asked to say it I wouldnt hesitate, in fact, Id have it tattooed on my backside if I had too ( yes its big enough to fit all those words lol ) I love my country and everything it stands for but thats not to say I expect everyone else to adhere to my beliefs as I am the first to admit we arent perfect. I actually feel very sorry for you as I would hate to feel so trapped in a place I was unhappy in. However, the thing that really bugs me with you is your ability to blame Australia for your own mistakes. You have repeatedly said in various posts you dont like it here because its so far away... well you bought the plane ticket to get here originally.. you saw how much it was to come here... I would hazard a guess that you've seen us on a map so you would realise we are at the other side of the world. So why do u moan about it ? You have also commented on this thread and on others in the past about the heat, the flies and the mozzies. Arkon we have had these things for over 200 years now. What made you think they wouldnt be here when you got here ? And then theres your property. I have no idea whereabouts in NSW you are, or how long ago you bought it, but do you not think that selling a rural property in the middle of one of the worst droughts we have had is going to be difficult ? My point is Australia didnt twist your arm and make you come here... we didnt pack up and move the country another 10000 miles away just to piss you off... and we didnt turn on the sun, the flys and the mozzies because we saw you coming. These are all things you should have known before you got here, so you need to take the responsibility for your actions.

Arkon I dont want to argue with you, but, you have to look at things from my point of view too. Like I said, I am Australian and I am very proud so naturally it makes me very angry when I read your posts knocking everything about us. Then when you turn around and say you want to be a citizen it makes my blood boil. Maybe Im different to everyone else, because I wouldnt even consider becoming a citizen of another country if I didnt feel some sort of pride in it. My advice to you Arkon, and I mean this in a sincere way and am no way being nasty, is , instead of getting up each morning and looking for the negatives, try looking for the positives. Set yourself a goal each day to find 5 good things about the place and I dont say that to make u like Oz, I say that to try and make your obviously sad life a bit happier. Just remember everything detrimental you say to me about Oz, is just like saying it to your son... as whether you like it or not, he is Australian too. Look at him running barefoot on the grass with the sun shining on his face smiling and laughing, because you know what ? At the end of the day thats all that matters. It doesnt matter whether its Oz or the Uk, thats the most important thing in life.
Thanks and good post. Your right no one made us come here and no one made all the stupid decisions for us. If we had known in advance that we were not going to like the country then we would never have come and made so many mistakes. What is it they say about hindsight? We made mistake after mistake and I post our experiences to hopfully stop others making the kind of mistakes we did.

I know it pains you to hear it but I think your county is mediocre and not for me BUT we have to still get citizenship. We have a friend who lives here and his aged parents are UK citizens and they are desperate to come here to be near their son and his faimily but they can't get visas. A holiday is all they are allowed and at their age the traveling is too much. I don't want to be in thier situation in 20 years time. So like it or lump it we are going to get citizenship.

I know your Australian and proud of your country but personally I don't see what you have to be proud of.

Last edited by arkon; Oct 21st 2006 at 1:04 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol

I drive every day, kids to school and back, plus other stuff of course but I haven't seen what you describe. I see bikers in Victoria Pass sometimes but they all seem to be behaving themselves. Probably when they pass through where I live, they're being good.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

We do tend to try to do lots of stuff, especially on a weekend - we are always trying to explore new places etc., but we just find the general pace of life here far too slow - great for relaxing and winding down for a few weeks but we all miss the general buzz of the UK, the great nightlife, music scene and lively towns - everyone here seems to be in bed by 8pm most nights.
In Melbourne? Seemed fine when I was there the other week. I guess you don't go into the city and it can be quieter further out. Saying that though, I'm 'further out' and it's jumping here.. or maybe that's just my impression. For a place out west I can get live music most nights of the week, movies, dancing, nice pub, etc. Australia can be such a gamble when it comes to settling - there are so many variables.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by arkon

I know your Australian and proud of your country but personally I don't see what you have to be proud of.

Oh Arkon, you know how to wind people up! That's going to get some bloody pressure raised. There's plenty around here for locals to be proud of ... Just because you chose the crappy hand doesn't mean the rest of us did!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I think where I come from, they must all be lazy buggers cos I've never seen as many cyclists in my life. I drive down the beach Rd to Melbourne each morning and there are zillions of them - horrible when I've just had me brekkie too!

Absolute tosh !

Do you go around with you eyes closed...there is lots to do in Melbourne !!

Ever been to the CBD, St Kilda, Chapel Street, Brunswick Street, Docklands , Prahran...shall I continue??

As for the cyclists...dangerous, violent mob aren't they FFS !!!

And you call them lazy ...when they cycle...while you sit on your arse every morning ...lazy git !!

Last edited by CasG; Oct 21st 2006 at 1:54 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CasG

As for the cyclists...dangerous, violent mob aren't they FFS !!!

They can be when their bikes go under your car wheels. Makes a right mess of the paintwork.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

They can be when their bikes go under your car wheels. Makes a right mess of the paintwork.
I'll look out for some English person, with a face like a smacked arse...with bits of people and bike sticking out of her car ....then I'll know who it is..

I live near Beach road....and she's talking absolute tosh

Last edited by CasG; Oct 21st 2006 at 2:00 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CasG
I'll look out for some English person, with a face like a smacked arse...with bits of people and bike sticking out of his car ....then I'll know who it is..

I live near Beach road....and he's talking absolute tosh

I thought that too, as Melbourne seemed to be alive and kicking when I saw it the other week. ... but hey, maybe she lives in the sticks and can't drive...

or ride a bike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.