Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by fraser
I'm not taking it personally, but of course I've found it different living here to holidaying, I spent $2500 in a week here, last year I earned less than that, you have to be a genius to work it out, hence you should be able to
Done
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:43 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

What gets on my nipples about this country (esp Perth!) is the stupid time waiting at traffic lights!!

The other day I timed the amount of time I had to wait on red and it was a pathetic 4 minutes!!!!

Then the light jumped to green (why no amber to 'get ready'?) and the 'were off', with all the v8's revving away, then hogging the lanes about 10k's under the limit!

What else peeves me is the OTT obession with 'Eagles' or 'Dockers' in Perth. As if they are the only sporting teams in the world! And if you happen to follwow a different sport/team etc, then you are classed as a boofhead or moron!!

Time Perth got its head out of the sand and came into the 21st century!! i mean c'mon, they wont even have daylight savings here because 'we're used to the lifestyle we have' bulldust!
Anyway theres my 10pennieth!!!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 5:41 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

love australia the country...worst thing about it is the australians...

No Class
No Manners
No dress sense
No culture
Cant STAND losing at anything and are never wrong nooo...treat you as if you just fell off the banana boat most of the time

Nuckle dragging neanderthals in my opinion

Love the country thou
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:40 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by peppi

No Class
No Manners
No dress sense
No culture
Cant STAND losing at anything and are never wrong nooo...treat you as if you just fell off the banana boat most of the time

Love the country thou
First smile of the day.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

Originally Posted by chels
Good to know we're not the only ones suffering from this process. It's not just the money you waste - it's time too, going to view houses that are on Domain with no price specified but have been placed by the estate agent in the max XX category. You get there, and straight away realise that no way is the house for sale at a price you can afford. What are they hoping - that'll you go and see a house because it's apparently around the XX mark, go to auction, get outbid at the XX mark and decide - STUFF IT! I'm going to blow all my savings and long-term salary, I have to have this house.

Obviously some people do this, otherwise there would be no point to the stupid practice.

Apart from real estate agents, I dislike banks who are prepared to offer you home loans way beyond your means. Okay, our salaries could cover a $1.25 million home loan, but we'd starve. And last time I looked, coffins weren't that expensive.

Apart from those, things I dislike about Australia - nothing specifically, it's just a general thing. Or rather, I don't dislike it. But I don't really like it either. I'm working on it though.
Just went to another auction and agent was quoting $850k - $900K. Place went for $1.1 million. It's laughable it's such a crap process. We are now looking at places pitched $700k - $750K in the hope that they will be within our budget come auction time.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:41 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
(1) Whinge
(2) Whinge
(3) Whinge
(4) Whinge
(5) Whinge
(6) Whinge
(7) Whinge
(8) Whinge
(9) Whinge
(10) Whinge
(11) Whinge
(12) Whinge

l don't want to sound like a whinging Pom but heres some more things l hate about OZ

(13) WHINGE
(14) WHINGE
(15) WHINGE
(16) WHINGE
(17) WHINGE
(18) WHINGE
(19) WHINGE
(20) WHINGE
(21) WHINGE
(22) WHINGE
(23) WHINGE
(24) WHINGE
(25) WHINGE
Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:42 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hubbard
Just went to another auction and agent was quoting $850k - $900K. Place went for $1.1 million. It's laughable it's such a crap process. We are now looking at places pitched $700k - $750K in the hope that they will be within our budget come auction time.
Sounds like you need to buy my place!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:43 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peppi

No Class
No Manners
No dress sense
No culture

Love the country thou
Oh come on they aren't that bad FFS!!! (The neanderthals I mean.)
Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:51 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

l don't want to sound like a whinging Pom but heres some more things l hate about OZ

(13) WHINGE
(14) WHINGE
(15) WHINGE
(16) WHINGE
(17) WHINGE
(18) WHINGE
(19) WHINGE
(20) WHINGE
(21) WHINGE
(22) WHINGE
(23) WHINGE
(24) WHINGE
(25) WHINGE
Whinging is an international standard, just varies with intensity.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

(13) WHINGE
(14) WHINGE
(15) WHINGE
(16) WHINGE
(17) WHINGE
(18) WHINGE
(19) WHINGE
(20) WHINGE
(21) WHINGE
(22) WHINGE
(23) WHINGE
(24) WHINGE
(25) WHINGE
Tell me something............if you hate Oz so much why are you still there?????????? The UK can't be any better.........crap weather, people sponging off the government, no state pension in the near future, youths that have no manners etc. In the UK if you are either poor or totally loaded you are fine. Anything inbetween you are f@#ked. Pensioners who do not own their own homes do not have to pay council tax, whereas if you own your home you have to. Tell me how this is a fair system??????? The easiest way to get on the UK property ladder is to get pregnant at a young age.......you get a council house, then after 10 years you get a 75% discount to buy it. Hence saved yourself approx. 75K. MADNESS!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:41 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rug13y
What gets on my nipples about this country (esp Perth!) is the stupid time waiting at traffic lights!!

The other day I timed the amount of time I had to wait on red and it was a pathetic 4 minutes!!!!

Then the light jumped to green (why no amber to 'get ready'?) and the 'were off', with all the v8's revving away, then hogging the lanes about 10k's under the limit!

What else peeves me is the OTT obession with 'Eagles' or 'Dockers' in Perth. As if they are the only sporting teams in the world! And if you happen to follwow a different sport/team etc, then you are classed as a boofhead or moron!!

Time Perth got its head out of the sand and came into the 21st century!! i mean c'mon, they wont even have daylight savings here because 'we're used to the lifestyle we have' bulldust!
Anyway theres my 10pennieth!!!
Wake up your in another country............... mm
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Wake up your in another country............... mm

You don't say.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:46 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
You don't say.
Shit....no wonder I can't find Tesco's
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Shit....no wonder I can't find Tesco's

You mean there isn't one. :scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:50 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

as someone in the application process i find it unsettling that the crap things about oz thread has three times the posts of the good things thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.